Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Introduction, Sign-ups, etc:  (Read 24126 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Introduction, Sign-ups, etc:
« on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:47 pm »

I've noticed recently that it's quite common for a game to be posted as an "Any interest in..." thread, just to have it fill up within a few hours by regulars here on f.DS.FG. While that's certainly great for all of us who are addicted to playing way to many games at once, it's often not very inviting to new players who don't know the whens or the hows to get involved. There's no centralized place to come together and say "Hey, I'd like to play X".

As a whole community, I think we've done a remarkable job organizing and running and growing ourselves, but I would hate to see that stall, and I always want to be encouraging and welcoming to new players. I want it to be as easy as possible for them to come in and join in on all our good times.

With that said, what I hope to achieve here is two fold. First, a list of all active and willing mods, with a list of games that they're willing and excited to host. Second, a list of all games that we are currently playing, or have interest in playing, with a constant and open "interest in" sign-up list. This way new players can come in, see what we're all about, and say "Hey, I would like in on the next game of 'X'". Their name goes up on the list, and when it's got a full team of players, we can check with the mods who are willing to host that game and see if they're ready to launch another game.

Obviously there's no commitment here. If you're a mod and are willing to host, but just have too many games going on at a particular time, we'll wait you out, or maybe find another willing soul to host. But this way we can match up players and games and mods, and have a nice centralized flow.

The only rule that I'll implement is for addicts like myself who will sign up for almost anything over and over. If I (or anybody else) is currently in a running game of X, and a new player (or somebody not currently playing X) wants in the next one, that player will get priority over me. In addition, Mods will always have final say in how many games they wish to run at any given time. Otherwise Watno/Kirian/Kuildeous/Myself will have Tables running 10 games of Through the Ages at once...

So:

Please post here if you are a Mod, or wish to be a Mod. Post a list of any/all games that you are willing to host.

and

Please post here if you are a Player, or wish to be a Player. Post the name of any/all games that you are willing to join in.

I will try my best to keep both lists as up to date as possible. I will also include a link to the current Non-Mafia Games Queue, which has links to all active and completed games, for easy reference.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction, Sign-ups, etc:
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:55 pm »

Current list of all Active and Completed Games

List of Mods & Games they are willing to host:

Archetype:
  • Acquire
Galzria:
  • Gauntlet of Fools
Kirian:
  • Ground Floor
  • Power Grid: Factory Manager
  • Puerto Rico
Liopoil:
  • Dominant Species
Michaeljb:
  • Agricola
Tables:
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Resistance
  • 7 Wonders
  • 2 Rooms, 1 Boom
  • Ground Floor
  • Through the Ages
  • Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
Theorel:
  • Deadlands: Reloaded RPG
ThisIsNotASmile:
  • Love Letter
Qvist:
  • Mage Knight
  • Pandemic
  • Shadows over Camelot
  • Small World
Watno:
  • Terra Mystica (Can provide Spreadsheet to other willing Mods)

List of Games & Player interest in playing them:

2 Rooms, 1 Boom:
  • Mail-Mi
7 Wonders:
  • Michaeljb
  • Archetype
  • Twistedarcher
Acquire:
Agricola:
  • Jack Rudd
  • Tables
Battlestar Galactica:
  • Jack Rudd
Deadlands: Reloaded RPG
  • Galzria
Dominant Species:
  • Watno
  • Qvist
  • Liopoil
Eclipse:
  • Watno
  • Kirian
Gauntlet of Fools:
  • Michaeljb
  • Galzria
Ground Floor:
  • Galzria
  • Tables
Hanabi:
  • Watno
  • Dsell
Kingdom Builder:
  • Jimmmmm
Love Letter:
Mage Knights:
  • Galzria
  • Tables
Pandemic:
Power Grid: Factory Manager:
  • Kirian
Puerto Rico:
  • Michaeljb
  • Kirian
  • PopsofCTown
Resistance:
  • Archetype
  • Dsell
  • Twistedarcher
Shadows over Camelot:
  • Eevee
Small World:
  • Twistedarcher
Through the Ages:
  • Galzria
  • Kirian
  • TwistedArcher (Beginner Game)
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar:
  • Qvist
  • Tables
  • Davio
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:53:46 am by Galzria »

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:32:52 pm »

oh, this is cool! well, I think I might be willing to mod a game, if it's one that I've played several times. I have not modded anything yet. I am also a player! There's really quite a few games that I would at least consider playing in, pretty much any game that I've either played and liked, or sound really interesting and not too complicated to learn without actually ever seeing the actual board and pieces. Currently I am in diplomacy, puerto rico, power grid, and ground floor.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:02 pm »

I'm willing to mod every game I enjoy, but I like to limit those to 3-5 games at a time. I currently host Mage Knight I+II, Pandemic IV, Shadows over Camelot (which still searches for replacement). I hosted Small World before. Here I posted some suggestions for upcoming games. But I currently won't host more games unless another one is finished.

I currently play in most other games here.
7 Wonders Teams I, Battlestar Galactica I, Flash Point: Fire Rescue I, Ground Floor I, Pandemic IV, Power Grid I, Puerto Rico I, Red November I, Terra Mystica II+III, Through the Ages V

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »

I'd be up for playing in a game of Battlestar Galactica, should anyone wish to host one.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:03:09 pm »

I might host another Terra Mystica, but probably not after the current ones have finished. if someone else is interested in hosting this, I can provide the spreadsheet.
I'd love to play Eclipse and Dominant Species.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:25:46 pm »

ooo, dominant species...

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 06:54:10 pm »

Officially announcing signups for TtA VI through to XV.[/joke]

Give me some time to think about this. But I'm probably happy to host most, if not all, of the games I've already hosted, and perhaps a few more.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »

Oh, and I'd love to play in another Hanabi.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »

This is great, Galzria.

I'd be interested in playing another shadows over camelot if the current one never resurrects.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:12 pm »

I guess I'm always willing to "mod" an Agricola game of any size (2-5) on Boite a Jeux (really just involves setting up the game, anyone can do that). I think a couple people posted in Agricola II that they want in on the next one, don't remember who though.

Count me in to play Gauntlet of Fools, 7 Wonders (prefer singles, but team game would still be fun), and Puerto Rico.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 09:53:42 pm »

you want to sub for bozzball in the current puerto rico?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 11:11:34 pm »

I'd be in for 7 Wonders or Resistance

I can host Acquire

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 02:18:51 am »

I'd love to play Hanabi or Resistance.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 02:39:23 am »

I think the only game I'd be up for playing at the moment would be Kingdom Builder.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 07:54:56 am »

I like to host/play in stuff :).
hmmm....
I've been considering running a Deadlands:Reloaded RPG after Power Grid finishes, since there have been a few random requests for an RPG (although I don't know how much interest there is in Savage Worlds)

Mostly I want to play in games that I can't play with my usual gaming partners.  So: Terra Mystica, Through the Ages, BSG, Witch's Brew, Mage Knight, Shadows over Camelot.  Basically any heavy and/or thematic games (except Dominant Species/Eclipse, since I'm hopeful I'll get them and play them some day).  I'd be down for an 18xx or Age of Steam or something if those are PbF-able, and someone's willing to organize it.

I'm currently in 6 games, which I think should be my limit...(especially if one of them changes into me GMing an RPG)

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 08:46:21 am »

Okay. I'm willing to host:
BSG
Resistance
7 Wonders
2R1B (now I've actually played one lol)
Ground Floor (if Kirian were to send me the document)
Through the Ages

I probabably don't want to be running more than 3 games at once. Right now I'm running two - BSG and TtA V
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 10:55:49 am »

I'd be up for playing in a game of Agricola on BaJ. :)
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »

I'd play resistance, 7 wonders, and I'd like to try small world. I would like to host down the road but probably not until I'm used to the community and people know me a bit better!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 10:50:06 am »

I'll happily mod Ground Floor, and you can certainly have the spreadsheet Tables; I think you should be able to make a copy with Google Docs anyway, yes?

I can also mod Puerto Rico or Power Grid Factory Manager (I wouldn't want to mod PG itself on a forum).

Interested in playing the deeper strategy games, preferably those with high transparency.  (Gee I wonder why I hate Mafia style games.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 01:05:26 pm »

you want to sub for bozzball in the current puerto rico?

Sure, I can give it a shot.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 03:16:24 pm »

I'm not sure how many people he can accommodate, but michaeljb is actively looking for players for Agricola III at this time:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7722.msg220917;topicseen#new

If you're interested, hop over and let him know.

Mafia Record:

michaeljb

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:12 pm »

I'll just quote this here, is there interest in a beginners/learners game?

So eHalcyon and Jimmmm have never played before, TINAS has only played a little and was interested in E-deck only, and there could be others here who haven't played before but would like to give it a try. I think an all-beginners game would work fine, and the only modding that really needs to be done is setting up the actual game at BaJ. AFAIK you can't set up a game without being part of it, so one of the beginners would need to do that.

Thoughts? Should I post this in the Intro/Sign ups thread?

Agricola III is actually full now; really I should just see if Jimmm or TINAS want the fifth spot since they expressed interest before. If they don't, then eHalc gets the spot.

I can set up another game if there's more demand, the modding work really is just setting up the game at BaJ :P

Anyway I'll PM Jimmm and TINAS to see if they want in and change the thread title to show that it's full.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2013, 10:06:19 am »

I'd be interested in playing another game of Ground Floor, Mage Knight and Agricola.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:57 am »

I suppose I should be explicit about which games I'd like to participate in.  Power Grid, TTA, Puerto Rico, I've heard really good things about Eclipse but haven't played before and would like to.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.