Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Weak cards you hope get re-done in Guilds  (Read 22976 times)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: Weak cards you hope get re-done in Guilds
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2013, 11:45:49 am »

Oh, and I hadn't even considered the possibility that some people might be avoiding the Guilds Previews until the game is released.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 01:50:46 pm »

I really hope for a Bureaucrat variant and Coppersmith variant. It is not like the two are bad cards per se, but the games where these are good choices are relatively rare.
Despite that: A fixed Secret Chamber (the reaction, not the 'active').

This has nothing to do with re-done cards, but I also want something like an reverse Menagerie attack, something that is more punishing when players have less duplicates in hand, just for variety and because it could potentially be fun to set it off on purpose. :)
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 03:59:11 pm »
+1

This has nothing to do with re-done cards, but I also want something like an reverse Menagerie attack, something that is more punishing when players have less duplicates in hand, just for variety and because it could potentially be fun to set it off on purpose. :)

What, like:

Ha Ha!
$5 - Action

Each other player reveals their hand.  If it has no duplicates, they trash their hand.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2013, 04:01:10 pm »

What, like:

Ha Ha!
$5 - Action

Each other player reveals their hand.  If it has no duplicates, they trash their hand.
Probably more like making them discard all duplicates. Which, perhaps ironically, would let them menagerie successfully for sure.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2013, 04:02:47 pm »
+1

What, like:

Ha Ha!
$5 - Action

Probably more like making them discard all duplicates. Which, perhaps ironically, would let them menagerie successfully for sure.

That's fixable. 

"Each other player reveals their hand.  They discard any Menageries, then discard cards until their hand has no duplicates."
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

I thought of this, but it just destroys any hand that's only Coppers and Estates. It's like a super-Cutpurse very early on.

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2013, 04:39:20 am »

Naa, more something like:

+(2)
Each other player reveals their hand. If he reveals any duplicates he discards a card costing more than 0 that is not a Victory Card. If he doesn't discard a card he gains a Curse in hand.

Or

+1 Coin Token
Each other player reveals their hand. For every card revealed with a different name:
He may pay a Coin Token. If he doesn't he chooses one: Discard a card that is not a duplicate or gain a curse.
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

Just a Rube

• Golem
  • Respect: +385
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2013, 11:09:24 am »

Naa, more something like:

+(2)
Each other player reveals their hand. If he reveals any duplicates he discards a card costing more than 0 that is not a Victory Card. If he doesn't discard a card he gains a Curse in hand.

Or

+1 Coin Token
Each other player reveals their hand. For every card revealed with a different name:
He may pay a Coin Token. If he doesn't he chooses one: Discard a card that is not a duplicate or gain a curse.
Talk about First Player Advantage!

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2013, 05:46:42 am »

So there is a bureaucrat/mine/cutpurse card, which I think is a great combination of lesser used cards. I hope it turns out to be good.

manthos88

• Bishop
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 07:23:41 am »

Noble brigand is not a fixed version of thief. Even if they have a similar effect, they are different cards !

Yes. I totally agree with that. Thief, Pirate Ship and Noble Brigand, each have their own unique effects.

Same goes to Chancellor and Scavenger, to Saboteur and Knights, to Wishing Well and Mystic. None of the "updated" cards can replace their older versions...
Just give me a mega-turn engine and take my soul...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 07:39:39 am »

Noble brigand is not a fixed version of thief. Even if they have a similar effect, they are different cards !

Yes. I totally agree with that. Thief, Pirate Ship and Noble Brigand, each have their own unique effects.

Same goes to Chancellor and Scavenger, to Saboteur and Knights, to Wishing Well and Mystic. None of the "updated" cards can replace their older versions...
That is true for Scavenger, because it costs $1 more than Chancellor. Knights and Mystic aren't really updated versions of Saboteur and Wishing well, they are entirely different, and Pirate Ship too, but Noble Brigand really is just a Thief that is better than Thief in almost every way.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2013, 06:18:21 am »
+1

That is true for Scavenger, because it costs $1 more than Chancellor. Knights and Mystic aren't really updated versions of Saboteur and Wishing well, they are entirely different, and Pirate Ship too, but Noble Brigand really is just a Thief that is better than Thief in almost every way.
Seriously, not at all. Thief can steal Platinium, IGG, Fool's gold, and other treasure cards. It just makes the card completely different. Thief can steal coppers too, and that can be useful in alt-vp games.
The vast majority of games where I used thief, Noble brigand couldn't be used the same way as thief. And inversely. Their uses are clearly not the same.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2013, 08:26:04 am »
+3

Seriously, not at all. Thief can steal Platinium, IGG, Fool's gold, and other treasure cards. It just makes the card completely different. Thief can steal coppers too, and that can be useful in alt-vp games.
The vast majority of games where I used thief, Noble brigand couldn't be used the same way as thief. And inversely. Their uses are clearly not the same.

A cool Colony game where after my T16 KC-Thief my opponent is completely out of money.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2013, 08:54:35 am »

A cool Colony game where after my T16 KC-Thief my opponent is completely out of money.

This is a great game!!

I think what is interesting about Thief is that it is one of the rare attacks which you don't often want in the opening because there it usually is just helping your opponents trash. (Well, that, and that it's better in multiplayer.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.