Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Time allocated to players  (Read 9237 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Time allocated to players
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 09:07:08 am »

can we please shorten the time required for each move or at least put a fast-play mode? i'm sick of people deliberately taking 1-2 minutes each move,i mean if you are new to the game and need time to read the card or understand how things work i understand... if you are playing echoes,using lever and then taking a minute to discard 2 cards to draw higher,you are doing it on purpouse
A fast-play mode would be pretty good, though instead of resigning it should just make a random play for you if you take too long.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Time allocated to players
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 10:16:56 am »

Well, taking your condition literally, if I lose track of time and keep finding new complexities to my decision that I didn't see before, I could not realize that I "have a tough decision that could take me longer than 3+ minutes to make" after five minutes.

I'm not going to click a stopwatch on myself just because you're too lazy or rude to type a few characters into chat and check if I'm there.

I think quite often (on Dominion Iso) and don't have any problems communicating that to my opponent. The obligation of who figures out how long a turn is going to take should fall on the player taking that turn, not on the player waiting for his opponent to finish.

Honestly, when in doubt, just type "thinking" at the start of your turn. This has the dual benefit of making it more likely that your opponent will ask if you are there if he gets impatient.
Dominion is VERY different.  Your standard works much better in Dominion.  The outlier-long thinking times are much easier for a player to recognize.  Innovation can run into "just 20 more seconds" loops of thinking about new things, so it can be hard to realize how long you've been sitting there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.