Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Two poor decisions cancel out and make a quasi-combo  (Read 870 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Two poor decisions cancel out and make a quasi-combo
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201109/29/game-20110929-132156-31837895.html
cards in supply: Caravan, Chancellor, Fishing Village, Hamlet, Harvest, Hunting Party, Market, Salvager, Stash, and Worker's Village

I quickly scanned this board, and, insufficiently impressed with the terminals to go fishing village (which is not great in a quick hunting party deck), opened chancellor, caravan. (Weirdly, my opponent also opened chancellor, and we both missed the chancellor stash combo entirely.) My plan to spam hunting parties didn't materialize as quickly as I would have liked, and I chose caravan over silver with 4 on a few occasions. But caravan doesn't go so well with hunting party decks, because of the reshuffle problem*. But the chancellor solves the reshuffle problem! This ends up working out perfectly for me three turns in a row (7, 8, and 9). I'd love to say I thought of this beforehand.

*(after a chain of hunting parties, the last hunting party finds a caravan and then puts a ton of junk in your discard pile, so playing the caravan forces a junk reshuffle that ruins the next turn - this is discussed in much more detail in many places on this forum and on the blog.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.