Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: RMM:VIII- Disney Mafia! (Signups open!)  (Read 6061 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM:VIII- Animation Mafia! (Signups open!)
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 01:11:47 pm »

I'm in too many games.... but I'll /in anyway.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM:VIII- Disney Mafia! (Signups open!)
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 04:39:04 pm »

there aren't too many Disney characters that can be transferred into an actual Mafia role.

I find that very hard to believe.

Agreed, looking at your other games im pretty sure you have the talent for it.

I'll make a few suggestions if you want?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:07 pm »

Btw, animation mafia means everything you type has to be animated, right?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27:19 pm »

Of course.[/u][/i][/b]
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2013, 12:16:25 am »

there aren't too many Disney characters that can be transferred into an actual Mafia role.

I've just been racking my brain and I can't come up with 12 charchters that can transfer directly to PRs.

And if you disagree Jo, I can of course switch it back to original because that's what you guys signed up for. Because this really does open up a lot (possible too much) characters.

And Ozle: charachter ideas are very much appreciated, but it somewhat defeats the purpose of players picking their own characters. Or maybe I could do it eHalc style with people telling me what kind of charachter/movie universe they would want it from and then if it's there, they get it.

So to summarize: Yes Ozle, I would happily accept charachter ideas. :)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 12:40:23 am »

I've just been racking my brain and I can't come up with 12 charchters that can transfer directly to PRs.

And if you disagree Jo, I can of course switch it back to original because that's what you guys signed up for. Because this really does open up a lot (possible too much) characters.

And Ozle: charachter ideas are very much appreciated, but it somewhat defeats the purpose of players picking their own characters. Or maybe I could do it eHalc style with people telling me what kind of charachter/movie universe they would want it from and then if it's there, they get it.

I am positive I could do RMM with just Toy Story.  Add in Cars, Incredibles, and Finding Nemo and you've got plenty for sure.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 12:49:58 am »

I am positive I could do RMM with just Toy Story.  Add in Cars, Incredibles, and Finding Nemo and you've got plenty for sure.
Really? Well I guess I'll go back to Disney, if that's all right. I'll expand it to the Disney animated TV shows instead of just the movies. I'll compile a list of Disney characters and decide on a couple which to use based on the powers I can come up with them. This will be made up based on the ideas people send in when they sign up. You're likely to get the charachter you want I'd you sign up before BMX ends (that's when I'll get down to seriously working on this), but after then you'll have to sign up and hope a charachter from whatever universe you want it to be from to be a potential candidate for a role (or you can still submit characters and if it's a reaaaaally cool one I forgot, it may be included).

If you want to increase the chances of a role you want being included in the setup, signup now and get your submissions in!

So far, based on the submissions, I have a couple of potential characters that people who have signed up have sent in.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 01:21:32 am »

Really? Well I guess I'll go back to Disney, if that's all right. I'll expand it to the Disney animated TV shows instead of just the movies. I'll compile a list of Disney characters and decide on a couple which to use based on the powers I can come up with them. This will be made up based on the ideas people send in when they sign up. You're likely to get the charachter you want I'd you sign up before BMX ends (that's when I'll get down to seriously working on this), but after then you'll have to sign up and hope a charachter from whatever universe you want it to be from to be a potential candidate for a role (or you can still submit characters and if it's a reaaaaally cool one I forgot, it may be included).

If you want to increase the chances of a role you want being included in the setup, signup now and get your submissions in!

So far, based on the submissions, I have a couple of potential characters that people who have signed up have sent in.

I'm happy to drop out and co-mod if you want some help.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 01:35:40 am »

I'd prefer players over co-mods (I can ways turn to Galz or eHalc to look things over), but if you want to be a co-mod then you of course can.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 02:08:53 am »

Theres a ton: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_theatrical_animated_features

(not /inning, taking a break from RMM)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 05:15:34 am »

I definately wont play so happy to help with sign up ideas.

And get people to submit lists rather than just one character.

That way you can aslo use that list to give them a safe fake claim
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:47 am »

I definately wont play so happy to help with sign up ideas.

And get people to submit lists rather than just one character.

That way you can aslo use that list to give them a safe fake claim
Yeah, so far I've been getting lists, which is good for both me and them.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 02:01:52 am »

I'll be happy to help comod or look over the setup if you need it.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »

might need to /out. Not really keeping up well with the games i am in.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 09:50:26 pm »

/tag

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 08:05:28 am »

/in

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21:53 am »

I'm glad people are interested in this, but I have what I feel to be a much better RMM game in the works right now that I'd want to run over this one. It'll be a simpler RMM game like this one would be, and so when I open sign ups I'll transfer all the signed up spectators from here to there.

It's most likely won't start until after Shakespeare Mafia. I'll have to see how close I am at the end of MMM. If you're interested in collaborating, feel free to send me a PM and I can show you my...innovative...idea.

Disclaimer: If the setup is working how I'd like you to, I'll to back to this one. But I hope it does, but I really feel like it would be a cooler game.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:23:27 am by Archetype »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.