Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Game over, Town wins!)  (Read 135876 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Game over, Town wins!)
« on: March 24, 2013, 08:14:09 pm »

Welcome to Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas!

Spectator thread QT available on request - please PM me and I will send you the link.  Thanks!

This game is NEWBIE-friendly.

Participation in this game is at the discretion of the mod.

Players Signed Up:
1 – Eevee
2 - Robz888 - Silver Samurai, the Yakuza Roleblocker - Lynched D3
3 - TwistedArcher - Samurai Jack, the Innocent Child
4 - mcmcsalot
5 - WinterSpartan - Storm Shadow, the Yakuza Goon - Lynched D1
6 - Destierro
7 - sudgy
8 - mail-mi - Lord Garmadon, the Yakuza Godfather - Lynched D2
9 - BoxofDOG >>> spiritbears
10 - werothegreat
11 - Axxle2
12 – yuma - Joe Musashi, Vanilla Ninja - Killed N1
13 - liopoil - Captain Nathan Algren, Vanilla Samurai - Killed N2

Co-Mod: Galzria

Day Starts: D1

f.ds Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.  For example, Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage in their specified QT.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to both mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If we do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight.  This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
9. This game will have "bankable deadlines."  See http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bankable_deadline.  The rules for calculating deadlines are as follows:
- Day 1 is 21 days long.
- All unused days left over at the end of Day 1 are banked.
- Day 2 and each subsequent day will last for:
-- three "free" days plus all banked days up to a total of 14 days;
-- if more than 11 days are in the bank, the remainder will be saved for future days;
-- all unused "banked days" left over at the end of each Day are returned to the bank.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, maroon text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity or upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Helpful Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

GAME SET-UP, ROLES, AND NEWBIE SPECIFIC INFORMATION LISTED IN NEXT POST
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:45:49 pm by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Sign-Ups Open)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »

Game Setup

All players will be assign a flavor name.  This flavor name will be a samurai or a ninja and will be indicative of alignment.. Each flavor name will come from a different thematic universe.

This game will be semi-open, using the C9++ setup (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B). 

There will be a total of thirteen players, consisting of:
- between nine and eleven Town players (including between zero and seven power roles);
- two or three Mafia players; and
- zero or one Serial Killer players (There is exactly a 50% chance of a Serial Killer being included in this set-up).

Other notes:
- This setup uses a Daystart
- Serial Killer chooses Investigation Immunity or 1-shot BP pregame.
- Cops are guaranteed to be sane
- Cops get results in the form of Town/Antitown or Innocent/Guilty - SK's show up as Antitown/Guilty unless they have Inv-Immunity.
- Innocent Child is revealed at the start of Day 1 by the mod
- Doctors prevent one night kill.
- Mafia Roleblocker cannot kill AND block in the same night

The exact distribution of roles is randomly distributed.  To keep the game balanced, the more power roles there are among the Town players, the more players and/or power roles there are among the anti-Town players. 

A list of all roles potentially in the game follows:

- Town Cop
- Town 1-Shot Cop
- Town Doctor
- Town 1-Shot Doctor
- Town Vigilante
- Town 1-Shot Vigilante
- Town Innocent Child*
- Town Mason
- Town Roleblocker
- Town 1-Shot Roleblocker
- Vanilla Townie
- Mafia Goon
- Mafia Godfather*
- Mafia Roleblocker*
- Serial Killer*

Any of the above-listed roles may be present in the game.  If a role is marked with an asterisk (*) above, there will be NO MORE THAN ONE of these roles in the game.  If a role is NOT marked with an asterisk, then multiple players may have this role.  If a role is not listed above, it will not appear in this game.

The following mechanics rules apply:

- Kill flavor will NOT be a clue to the identity of the killer.
- Roles that target another player at night may NOT self-target, unless specified.
- If an X-Shot ability is roleblocked, one Shot is used up.
- Night actions will be processed in order of "natural action resolution" (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_action_resolution).  This means that:

1.  All actions that cannot possibly be modified by any other actions are resolved FIRST.
2.  After those actions are resolved, step 1 is repeated for any remaining actions, until all actions are resolved.
3.  If there is a loop - e.g., Player X's action affects Player Y's action, which affects Player Z's action, which affects Player X's action - then actions will be resolved in the following order of priority:

- Roleblocking
- Protecting
- Killing
- Investigating

Note: Town and Mafia are known as Dojo and Yazuka in this game.  There may be ninjas and samurai of any alignment.  This is not samurai vs. ninjas.

Newbie Information

This game is planned to be Newbie friendly.  There are no tricky mechanics, Mod lies, or expert tactics required for this game.

All newbies (and other players) should feel free to PM the Mods with any and all questions at any time during sign-up, confirmation, (game) day or (game) night.  We will endeavor to explain any and all aspects of the mafia game to you.  You will have all the support you need to ensure you have a great mafia experience.

Also, we highly recommend you read the mafiascum wiki pages on the set-up and all possible roles.  This will help you have a better understanding of the game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:46:08 pm by ashersky »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:15:47 pm »

innnn

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:16:11 pm »

/in

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:45:22 pm »

/in. Please!
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 10:22:51 pm »

In!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:19 am »

Important flavor point added to Post 2.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:27 am »

Innnn, may I be auto inned to future normal and blitz games, there is no reason I won't be playing all of them.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 01:11:08 pm »

I'll join if you desperately need people, but I'm pretty staunchly against playing two games at the same time on the same site; I just don't have time to try to look back and read which game a particular person made me feel a certain way about them.  If Conspiracy Theories somehow doesn't fill or I'm out of that one by the time this fills, I'll join at that later time.

The real reason I posted this though is that the C9++ format looks really awesome.  I love how it neatly allows for a semi-open setup that has a ton of possibilities while having a very well-reasoned system of balancing.  It's not a perfect system of balancing, as it might give the scum a Godfather when the Town has no Cop powers, but it's at very least going to be close and since no one really knows the setup, that's perfectly alright.  It's perhaps the neatest idea I've seen for Mafia setups outside of Bastard games.
Stop reading my signature.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:50 pm »

I'm torn... I've really enjoyed RMM7 and would like to continue to participate in forum mafia.

On the other hand, I can only access this in the evenings/weekends now. It wasn't MUCH of a problem at the tail end of RMM7, but it was a bit of one. And I'm concerned that it might be an issue here. Thoughts?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 09:57:53 pm »

I'm torn... I've really enjoyed RMM7 and would like to continue to participate in forum mafia.

On the other hand, I can only access this in the evenings/weekends now. It wasn't MUCH of a problem at the tail end of RMM7, but it was a bit of one. And I'm concerned that it might be an issue here. Thoughts?

To me, the rules are to try to post at least once every 24 hours.  If you can commit to that, you are welcome to play.

You'll need to combat the "lurkers are scummy" stigma, but you do that with thoughtful, useful posts when you are around.  I originally struggled a bit with the time difference, but both Jimmmmm and I are regular mafia players now with no lurkerish issues.

So you're in!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »

/tag

Would love to play, but I really have to choose my battles now that I'm studying again.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 11:11:24 pm »

yea theres a reason we call it lurking and not just low post count. If you are trying to work through things and posting content that progresses the game and causes interaction/is memorable then your all good. You don't necessarily post a lot or frequently.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »

/innnnn LotR is almost over.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:19 pm »

Thanks for the encouragement all. Officially /in.

Destierro

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: MXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Sign-Ups Open - 4 slots left!)
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »

I'll play if i dont get lynched N1! :P

/in

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 03:16:04 pm »

Dest,  I guarranty you won't get lynched night one...

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 03:18:21 pm »

I don't know if I can play this, when will it start? Mafia is beginning to literally exhaust me :(

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »

Ryan, I would definitely play this game over others. We've run this setup before, and it's a lot of fun.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 03:37:37 pm »

Not /outing just voicing concerns. Hopefully everything will be better as soon as my exams are done.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 04:28:22 pm »

Dest, added you to the OP.  ;)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »

I don't know if I can play this, when will it start? Mafia is beginning to literally exhaust me :(

I will start when full, RMM7 ends, and NMIII finally finishes D1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Sign-Ups Open - 3 slots left!)
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 05:44:39 pm »

10 - Destierro, the Entish Faith Healer - Lynched D1

Ha!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: MXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Sign-Ups Open - 3 slots left!)
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 05:47:18 pm »

10 - Destierro, the Entish Faith Healer - Lynched D1
Ah RMM7.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63  All

Page created in 2.408 seconds with 20 queries.