Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Contest! Innovation card  (Read 4793 times)

Gandi

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Contest! Innovation card
« on: March 22, 2013, 07:56:17 am »

I'm pretty suprised, that there's no such topic so many days after taking iso down ;)

So the general idea is to make a card referring to Innovation. I've bought it last days, and it really got me. So, as long as Dominion and Innovation are both my favourite gamse, why not to mix them a little? ;)

If there'd be any response, I'd like to create the contest on top of that. The rules would be simple:
1. You can post your idea of card named "Innovation" here until the end of march. The posts can be edited.
2. At the end of the march all ideas will be posted in one new topic, where the voting will take place (either with posts or a poll).
3. The voting will be opened exactly one week. After that time the winner will be anounced.
4. Eternal glory and fame would go to the winner ;)
5. The discussion about the ideas is encouraged.
6. I'm not a mega-active user here, so any ideas and suggestions are welcome :)

My first idea goes here:

Innovation (Action) - 4$

Each player has to do the following. Put a card from your hand on your Innoivation Mat. If there is already a card on your Innovation Mat sharing the type of the card, put the chosen card on top of that card. If the chosen card type was other than Victory or Curse, draw a card.
------
In games using Innovation, you may once per turn play any top card on your Innovation Mat with the cost of an Action. After the effects of the card are resolved, put that card on it's prior place. At the end of the game return all cards from your Innovation Mat into your hand.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 09:17:05 am by Gandi »

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
Re: Contest! Innovation card
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:07:05 am »

Innovation - Action/Reaction -4$
+1 card
You may put a Card on your Innovation Mat
if any player has revealed an Innovation: +1card
At the end of the game each card Is worth half of its costs(rounded up) as Victory Points
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:13:27 am by RTT »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 02:13:13 pm »

Code: [Select]
Innovation
+1 Card
Each player reveals his hand. Opponents whose total cost of his revealed action cards is lower than yours gain two Ruins.
Action - Attack {4}
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:14:14 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:48:47 pm »

Innovation
Action - $2

Return an action card from your hand to the supply.  If you do, gain an action card costing exactly $1 more than it, and play that action.

(Mathematics, of course.  It is horribly overpowered at $2 for Dominion though.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:21 pm »

(Mathematics, of course.  It is horribly overpowered at $2 for Dominion though.)
I wouldn't say it's horribly overpowered. There's Procession at $4, and that's a splitter. It would be probably fine at $3, and the difference between $3 and $2 isn't huge.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:33:39 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2130
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 08:21:06 am »
+1

Innovation:
Action - $1
Gain a card equal in cost to a card you have in play, putting it on top of your deck.

It's supposed to be like the "draw" mechanic; you get a card which you can play next turn.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:49 am »

Innovation:
Action - $1
Gain a card equal in cost to a card you have in play, putting it on top of your deck.

It's supposed to be like the "draw" mechanic; you get a card which you can play next turn.
Peddler and King's Court. Or just cost reduction. Man, what CC could do with this?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 07:37:16 pm »

Innovation
Action - $8

Remove all cards in play, in player's hands, in players' decks, and players' discard piles from the game.

Just kidding.

Innovation
Card - $5

Reveal the top three cards of your deck.
Play (except for other Innovations) all revealed Actions in any order.
Put all revealed Treasures into your hand.
+1 Card per revealed Victory card, then discard the revealed Victory cards.
Trash any remaining revealed cards.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:41:07 pm »

Innovation:
Action - $1

I like this idea, but I'm worried it'll be too dead in games without non-terminals. Maybe flip it to a treasure (so in BM games you can gain a Silver, sometimes Gold with it) and price it at $5, similar to HoP?

BiggerOil

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 10:18:13 pm »

Innovation:
Action - $1

I like this idea, but I'm worried it'll be too dead in games without non-terminals. Maybe flip it to a treasure (so in BM games you can gain a Silver, sometimes Gold with it) and price it at $5, similar to HoP?

Conspirator is dead too in games without non-terminals.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 09:54:16 am »

Innovation:
Action - $1

It isn't dead with Wharf, Merchant Ship, or Outpost (however weak it is with outpost).

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:32 pm »
+1

Innovation:
Action - $1

A lot of games have non-terminals. Like BiggerOil said, Conspirator is dead in terminal action setups. I've never seen this to be an argument against a card. It's how Dominion works. Good in some setups, bad in others. If it was bad in ALL but a few setups, then I see your point, but otherwise I like the card.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »
+3

Innovation
3$ Action
+1 card
+1 action
Gain a card costing up to 3$ or an Achievement from the Achievement pile.

Statue
0$* Victory card
Worth 4 VP
When you gain this, set it aside on your Island mat.  At the start of Cleanup, trash it if you didn't gain six cards this turn.

Observatory
0$* Victory card
Worth 4 VP
When you gain this, reveal your hand. If it contains any cards costing less than 5$, trash Observatory, otherwise, set Observatory aside on your Island mat.

Contraption
0$* Victory card
Worth 4 VP
When you gain this, set it aside on your Island mat.  At the start of Cleanup, trash it if you have fewer than six coppers in play.

Globe
0$* Victory card
Worth 4 VP
When you gain this, set it aside on your Island mat.  At the start of Cleanup, trash it if you have fewer than six actions remaining.

Empyrial Hall
0$* Victory card
Worth 6 VP
When you gain this, set it aside on your Island mat.  Then trash it unless you have 3 coin, 3 actions, and 3 buys remaining.

Definitely some tweaking to do but ..

Gandi

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 08:15:03 am »
+1

Yesterday I've been thinking about something similar to what popsofctown posted.

The idea is to copy the achievements from Innovation. To have something you can "achieve" at the end of the turn with no cost. There's only a one copy of each achievement card, so each player needs to hurry. In Province game they can be really deciding, but even with Colonies, they're like additional, free Colony. Some of them are easier to get, some of them harder. Though they always need a pretty nice deck to get them.

I don't remember the names of Achievements in Innovation and I'll add them later, when I'd be able to check it.

12 Clocks

Achievemnt I (Victory) - *0$
10 VP
-----
You can't gain it other than buy it.
You need to have at least 12 Treasure cards in play to buy it.
When you buy it, +1 buy.

3 of each

Achievemnt II (Victory) - *0$
10 VP
-----
You need to have at least 3 copies of 5 different cards in play to buy it.
When you buy it, +1 buy.

Tucking/Scoring

Achievemnt III (Victory) - *0$
10 VP
-----
You need to trash at least 6 cards or gain 6 Victory card this turn to buy it.
When you buy it, +1 buy.

All 8 or above

Achievemnt IV (Victory) - *0$
10 VP
-----
Put your deck into a discard pile and reveal your hand. Count cards costing 8$ or more between your hand, play and discard pile. You need to have at least 5 of them to buy it.
When you buy it, +1 buy.

Splaying

Achievemnt V (Victory) - *0$
10 VP
-----
You need to have at least 5 terminal Action cards in play to buy it.
When you buy it, +1 buy.

In the first version Achievement I needed 12 Action cards in play, but I didn't have any idea, how to copy the splaying one into Dominion reality. Probably, I'll upgrade them a little later.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 08:58:44 am »

10 VP
-----
Put your deck into a discard pile and reveal your hand. Count cards costing 8$ or more between your hand, play and discard pile. You need to have at least 5 of them to buy it.
When you buy it, +1 buy.
I think it should be "At the beginning of your buy phase, you may put your deck into your discard pile" etc. Stuff becomes way too fun if you get to put your deck into an opponent's discard pile. Even with my wording, this makes Chancellor useless, though.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:59:50 am by Awaclus »

Gandi

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 09:18:59 am »

10 VP
-----
When you buy it, +1 buy.
I think it should be "At the beginning of your buy phase, you may put your deck into your discard pile" etc. Stuff becomes way too fun if you get to put your deck into an opponent's discard pile. Even with my wording, this makes Chancellor useless, though.

Yeah, that's a thing I dislike... But I didn't see an option to "count all your cards >= 8$" without wording like "reveal your deck, count cards and shuffle it back - reveal your discard, count cards - reveal your hand, count cards - count cards in play", which would be much too long. But I'll think about it.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 12:18:29 pm »

Buy 5 Provinces get one free is terrible design, though.

Gandi

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »

Buy 5 Provinces get one free is terrible design, though.

Guess you're right. I'll re-invent it later.

By the way, here's one more idea.

Innovation (Action) - 5$
Each other player looks at the top three cards of his deck, discards any number of them and puts the rest back on top in any order.
Reveal the top card of your deck. If that's an Action card other than Innovation, play it and repeat all effects of the Innovation card . Otherwise, put that card into your hand.

Shortly speaking, self-improving Scrying Pool++. The more of them are in play, the more effective they get. If you're not planning to play Rabble after a while ;)

I think it has some interesting aspects. Like Tactitian. Or Innovation - KC - Innovation (from hand). Maybe it's too powerful, but hey, that's a shared dogma :)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 04:10:49 am »

Innovation - Action

Look through your discard pile, deck, and any mats, and determine the score you would have if the game were to end now. If this value is at least five times the top value on the Age pile, gain an Age card from the Age pile and set it aside; return it to your deck at the end of the game. If you could not gain an Age card, the game ends. Reshuffle your deck after looking through it.

The Age pile contains 10 Victory cards, with a cost of 0* and VP values numbered from 1 up to 10. It is not shuffled, but instead set up in ascending order of point value.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:11:56 am by zahlman »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.