Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Encyclopedia gives me the game!  (Read 2161 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +234
    • View Profile
Encyclopedia gives me the game!
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:27:16 pm »

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/21/game-20130321-164519-039e86ba.html

A couple highlights in the game:

(1) as far as I can tell, neither fermenting nor reformation is in the game. I tried some half-baked trick with the wheel and machinery to draw them, but they never showed up.

(2) the end game achiement is 6 vs. 5.

(3) The first time I misclicked and dogma a shared encyclopedia. I let my opponent meld A.I. and myself decided not to meld anything. But this turned out to be the winning move as by sharing it I drew mobility! Then the A.I. he melded quickly came to my score pile as I dogma mobility next turn.

(4) Then in the next turn I dogma encyclopedia again to meld A.I. onto my board. My opponent misplayed by melding his Globalization from his score pile (disabling himself to achieve #9) and allow me to get to my 6th achievement. If he refused to meld Globalization his board would have been wiped down to age 6 after achieve #9 by my mobility though.

The game is probably not played at a very high level but I thought it is one of the more interesting ones I've played.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +234
    • View Profile
Re: Encyclopedia gives me the game!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:48:17 am »

Well, here's another one which is pretty interesting:

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/22/game-20130322-024223-cdece3e7.html

After a nuclear wipe out, what is the most useful resource?

Coal!

In the post-war period, I dogma-ed Coal 13 times for the win. And I dogma-ed nothing else.

(As a side note, my opponent had the double misfortune that neither Coal nor Banking were in his hands... otherwise he might have been able to steal my precious coal and win.)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:58:10 pm »

(1) as far as I can tell, neither fermenting nor reformation is in the game. I tried some half-baked trick with the wheel and machinery to draw them, but they never showed up.
The achievement pile comes from taking one card out of each pile (except for 10).

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 01:53:14 am »

My opponent has more loot than me
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.