Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to introduce himself  (Read 2558 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
+2

Ahoy, I am Awaclus. I adore anime, avant-garde metal, anarchism, anti-feminism, anonymous image boards, atonal music, the Aveyond series and Amnesia: the Dark Descent. I'm allergic to apples.

All of the above is actually accurate, but being a wannabe-V aside, I'm currently a junior (EDIT: Now I'm a senior!) at Savonlinnan Taidelukio (Savonlinna Senior Secondary School of Art and Music in English), on the music line of study. I'm most importantly a drummer, but also a composer, a cellist, a guitarist and a pianist. For those to whom Savonlinna doesn't ring a bell: It's a relatively small town in Finland, located in Southern Savonia which, I think, is possibly a region perhaps known for maybe leaving all the responsibility to the listener, but I'm not really sure.

I have been playing board and card games for my entire life, basically. I remember being introduced to chess at the age of four, and I can't even remember how young I was when I was introduced to my first board game ever, nor what that game was. I got into Magic: the Gathering when I was eight, and that sealed my downfall. I think I got Dominion as a birthday present from my sister in 2011, but I had played and enjoyed two IRL games before that. Last summer, while I was sailing with my parents and we played lots of Dominion there (we didn't have many games with us and Dominion kept feeling new and fresh no matter how many games we played), and then I just realized how completely awesome it was, googled for dominion forum or something, ended up in a random Dominion thread on BGG (which was a slight disappointment back then and I still don't understand how I could have missed f.ds) in which there was a link to dominionstrategy.com, then I found Isotropic from there and.

I'm also a casual board game designer, but my ideas have a tendency to be impossible in reality (I had a deckbuilding game in which each player builds four decks, and a game with TONS of dice: I would have had to order dice for over $100 in addition to the dice I currently own for that game, just to name a few). Despite that, I have successfully been developing an euro-style game which actually works for like two and a half years now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:40:53 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to introduce himself
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:43:07 pm »

I'm also a casual board game designer, but my ideas have a tendency to be impossible in reality (I had a deckbuilding game in which each player builds four decks, and a game with TONS of dice: I would have had to order dice for over $100 in addition to the dice I currently own for that game, just to name a few). Despite that, I have successfully been developing an euro-style game which actually works for like two and a half years now.

Cool. Could we play one of these here in the Forums?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:58:57 pm »

Oh Finland, hello I know that place. Welcome!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:35:27 am »

How are games played on forums? I've never done that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:40:49 am »

How are games played on forums? I've never done that.

Just play them  :P
Boards could be done in an Excel sheets or just images.
Rolls could be done in forum
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=41.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »

Just play them  :P
Boards could be done in an Excel sheets or just images.
Rolls could be done in forum This dice roll may have been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=41.0
Well, I suppose I could translate the files into English, and then upload them somewhere. It's going to take a while though, I'm in the middle of a slight re-theming at the moment.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:56:24 am »

Take your time.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.