Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: If this mirror were clearer, I'd be standing so tall  (Read 1381 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
If this mirror were clearer, I'd be standing so tall
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »
+6

Hey, everyone.

I'm finally getting around to writing an introduction. I'm not new to the Dominion Strategy forum, but I've never posted much in the non-Dominion related subforums. I never really got involved in the social aspects of the last forum I joined, either. Maybe I should start.

A little about me: I'm currently working as a software developer for a small company in Minnesota. I've been married for a couple of years now and my first child is en route. I think I'm pretty anxious about it; I've been more irritable than usual lately. Sorry if I've been snide to you here on the forums.

I run a Pathfinder game most Sundays and play in another one (although that one's on hiatus while the flakier players get their act together). Other than Dominion and D&D/Pathfinder, I'm not much of a tabletop gamer. I've been an avid video gamer for most of my life, but my video game tastes are slowly shifting. I used to enjoy long console JRPGs, but I've found they don't really hold my interest these days. I prefer good platformers (Mario, Prinny, Mega Man, etc.), adventure games (played through four Ys games recently), and visual novel-style games (Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Zero Escape). Also, Minecraft.

A lot of my time is spent playing or thinking about Dominion, though. As my forum stats indictate, I spend most of my time and energy in the Variants and Fan Cards forum. Man, if you'd told me that would be the case even two years ago, I wouldn't have believed it. I thought fan cards were so pointless. Most of the ones I'd seen over at BoardGameGeek were really bad. Today I want to see the Guilds cards not only because it's an exciting new expansion, but also so that I know how many of my own cards will need to be overhauled or scrapped because they're too similar.

Someday down the road, I'd like to get a Dominion expansion published. It's not a realistic goal, but it's nice to have dreams. At the very least, I'd like to have a set that's on par with the published sets, quality-wise. I've been lucky that a lot of people like my cards, but it's not easy to create enough good ones to fill a set, make sure they work well together, and have them fit a cohesive, compelling theme.

I guess that's about it. Thanks for reading!

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
Re: If this mirror were clearer, I'd be standing so tall
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:24:55 pm »

Good luck with your first child! My wife just had our first three weeks ago and it's been pretty exhausting, but it's well worth it!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: If this mirror were clearer, I'd be standing so tall
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »

Good luck with your first child! My wife just had our first three weeks ago and it's been pretty exhausting, but it's well worth it!
You think one is exhausting? Try five.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.