Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Storage Solution for Dominion  (Read 24246 times)

matiez

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Storage Solution for Dominion
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:35:28 pm »

I am now the proud owner of a complete, sleeved set of Dominion cards. All I need now is a box to put them all in. I've spent hours pouring over the BGG forums, files and images and haven't found a solution that will fit everything into one elegant looking box. The majority of elegant looking solutions seem to only cover a portion of the released expanions, or contain no room for Hinterlands.

What I am looking for is a solution that will be cheap, effective, easy to set and clean up, and be mostly self contained. So far, I'm leaning towards the tuck box idea. Though, I'm still unsure how I'm going to put them all into 1 box. The Amazon Big Box just doesn't seem strong enough to hold the weight.

What are your current or future solutions to hold Dominion and its expansions (At least Hinterlands incl)?

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Storage Solution for Dominion
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 12:51:45 pm »

I've got a 3200 card box (cost: about $5) that allows me to store the cards vertically in three rows. I use the Sumpfork tabs (from BGG) on card stock to divide the cards. The current cards take up almost two full rows, and I've got the mats/token bags/etc. in part of the third row. There's enough space for Hinterlands in there and probably one more expansion, but I don't know if the final expansion will fit.

DsnowMan

• Bishop
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:15 pm »

Mine are in a binder, but the cards are not sleeved. I can buy the 3x3 binder pages for $0.25 from my gamestore, and each slot holds the 10-12 cards nice and cozily. The original money & VP cards are stuffed in old playing card boxes which i carry around in a bag with the binder.

I can only imagine what sleeving the entire set does to the size and weight of the beast that is Dominion. Good luck...

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:20:58 pm »

I've got a 3200 card box (cost: about $5) that allows me to store the cards vertically in three rows. I use the Sumpfork tabs (from BGG) on card stock to divide the cards. The current cards take up almost two full rows, and I've got the mats/token bags/etc. in part of the third row. There's enough space for Hinterlands in there and probably one more expansion, but I don't know if the final expansion will fit.
I'm looking for this as well.

Is this like what you have: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?fpid=Acc-BCWCS3200ct?

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »

Yes, that's it.

If I remember tonight, I'll post a picture of the setup.

Buggz

• Spy
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:40:59 pm »

Is this like what you have: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?fpid=Acc-BCWCS3200ct?
Box: $4
Get it shipped to Norway: $60
Worst thing is I actually considered it for a couple of seconds.

Below is my current setup. I'm using the Main Set and Cornucopia boxes, because they can fit exactly three rows of cards horizontally. The dividers are from BGG (can't remember which ones, but they're printed doublesided), and for the last three expansions I'll just swap out the Cornucopia box with Intrigue when necessary. The basic treasure/victory/curse cards are in the middle with four 10-card starter decks along with the mats and chips, so a session can start rather quickly. A nice box like that from coolstuff would be awesome, but damn. Sixty bucks..

Karrow

• Baron
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »

I'm using two smaller boxes, and I prefer it over one box.  Since you always (or almost always) have at least two people playing, with the two boxes we can put away and pull out a new kingdom in half the time.  It was annoying before when everyone was waiting and staring at the one person with the one box.  Also the smaller boxes are much easier to move or hand off.

I didn't anticipate the reason when I did it, I just used some nice smaller boxes I had laying around from another game.

matiez

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 12:53:25 pm »

This is the storage solution I'll be going with. Found it literally an hour after posting this thread. The only thing I don't like is those are all boxes. Opening and closing 10 boxes for every game seems like a lot of work!

This solution is made for Eurogame Card Sleeves and there is a box for EVERY dominion card released by RGG. Files to be found on BGG.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 03:39:40 am »

That looks really great, matiez, I want it!

I would probably leave out the 5p and 6p cards, since I don't recommend playing Dominion with more than 4.
3 is the sweet spot for me, since you have more interaction than with 2 and you don't have to wait so long for your turn as with 4.

I could also save some room with the Curses by splitting them into packs of 2+, 3+ and 4 and let all of them have 10 cards each.

Opening and closing the boxes seems like a small sacrifice for such a nicely packed solution.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

danshep

• Navigator
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 08:54:18 pm »

I've got the plastic dividers from http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/598029/consolidate-your-dominion-card-organization-syst

If I was buying again, I'd probably go the mounting board dividers for the extra $5 - the plastic dividers are sturdy enough, but I'd like them to be a little more solid.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.