Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 45914 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:18 pm »
+2

I think you shouldn't be worrying so much about ruin other's fun by messing up.
Unless you queue up with a more experienced player, your opponents should be just as clueless as you are.
Playing to much with bots might teach you things that don't apply in real games.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2014, 06:47:00 pm »
+1

I think you shouldn't be worrying so much about ruin other's fun by messing up.
Unless you queue up with a more experienced player, your opponents should be just as clueless as you are.
Playing to much with bots might teach you things that don't apply in real games.
Thanks. So perhaps just jumping in and playing games with real players is the best way for me to learn. I agree about the bots, as stuff like low aggro, bots always buying courier, limited hero pool to play against, etc. might end up hurting my game if I become too used to it.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2014, 02:07:01 am »
+1

You'll still see a lot of Drow, Riki, Sniper and Pudge. And people picking super item dependant heroes and not farm. It's pretty much the same as people buing tons of Villages when they start playing Dominion. ;)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2014, 07:07:06 am »
+2

i definitely wouldn't worry about ruining anyone's game. if you are support and you don't buy a courier; then you ruin the game. if you're new, you're just new.

MarkowKette

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2014, 08:53:16 am »
+1

I used to play a lot of HoN. I tried out Dota2 and liked HoN more because it's faster paced and i liked the laning mechanics and gameplay more.
Now that i returned most of my friends stopped playing and i hate playing random match making because there is so much flaming going on and people ruining
the teamplay just to piss off their teammates that they don't like. I cant imagine this being worse in any other moba. So right now i'm considering to switch to Dota2.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:36 am »
+1

Do it!

Play with us!

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »

Doing my once-every-six-months drop in on f.ds, good to see there are some more dota players.

Silverspawn, Ichimaru, and anyone else who wants to: add me on steam (just search p4ddy0d00rs, you'll see a funky name but with the same "Incredibles" avatar).

I try to play with Jorbles and his friends as often as I can.  Watno and I play during the day sometimes (during the day for me, prob evening for him).  I'm East Coast US but work odd times so I am on pretty randomly.

I also love learning from people who are better and teaching those who know less, so please just add me so we can play!  Jorbles recently enlightened me about something I was tending to do in a lot of our games -- I have begun adjusting my playstyle accordingly and it has made my games SO much better.  F.DSers have been very fun to play with, IMHO.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2014, 02:03:18 pm »

Yeah, feel free to add me as well:
My steam name is Manasaurus Rex and I have an icon of a mouse. manasaurus.rex might be what you need to search as that's what I used originally.

Playing with Paddy has been great, I played with Watno once, but the timings are a little off for us to be on at the same time often. I'm on US West usually, but US East is fine. It is really great to get advice from people on builds and playstyle. Talking to people has improved my play a lot so it's fun to play with people who know more about this incredibly complex game. (I may have given paddy some advice on when to rat vs not-rat, but he taught me how to build tiny and some other heroes.)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.