Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I'm sorry  (Read 10796 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sorry
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 11:37:08 am »

Why not?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 11:43:31 am »
+1

He got unlucky earlier in the game and then this. This has got to be the most painful way to lose an Innovation game: you can't draw, or you lose the game; you can't activate a dogma, or you will share, and draw a card as a bonus from the sharing, and lose the game; the only thing to do is to meaninglessly meld your cards, but the game just doesn't end.

You should have activated Banking meaninglessly twice on two turns to force him to lose the game when he draws.

That doesn't work
Yup, that's the point. The Banking doesn't work so I could've just wasted my actions on it, eventually forcing him to either draw a card or activate a dogma. The thought actually did cross my mind at that time, but I decided not to be a dickhead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:22 am »

He has publications and 8's in hand.  I can't see everything, but its conceivable he could win.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »

He has publications and 8's in hand.  I can't see everything, but its conceivable he could win.
He can't activate Publications though, or he would share and attempt to draw a [11]. I didn't check the log to see what was in his hand (and because I don't remember all the cards yet, I only keep track of the important ones), but since he didn't meld anything useful on his turn 15, probably there was nothing useful in his hand.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 02:19:26 pm »

He can't activate Publications though, or he would share and attempt to draw a [11]. I didn't check the log to see what was in his hand (and because I don't remember all the cards yet, I only keep track of the important ones), but since he didn't meld anything useful on his turn 15, probably there was nothing useful in his hand.
That might be giving him too much credit, you're talking about the same guy who managed to find his way into such a dismal board state..

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 03:03:39 pm »

That might be giving him too much credit, you're talking about the same guy who managed to find his way into such a dismal board state..
He indeed was on a lower level than me, but I don't think he was *that* bad (also I don't think I'm that good). Knowing what to do when you don't have a clear goal and there are lots of options is difficult, but when there's only one thing you can possibly do, it isn't that difficult to tell whether or not you can do it or not*. Also, he Math'd into a Printing Press with an empty score pile earlier, which was partly bad play (not being prepared for a possible PP) but mostly bad luck.

*EDIT: Well, that was one funny sentence. I'll just leave it like that.

EDIT 2: Checked the log. Cards in his hand were Quantum Theory and Mass Media. I had a Sailing in my hand so both cards would've caused him to draw a card.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:48:36 am by Awaclus »

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.