Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Does anyone play on the iPad?  (Read 2256 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Does anyone play on the iPad?
« on: March 17, 2013, 02:36:33 am »

I just tried playing Goko on my iPad 1. Started 4 games, all crashed the browser before the game began. 3 during the game loading screen, and 1 a second after the cards showed up on the screen. I know that the iPad 1 doesn't quite have the specs of the newer version, but this seems a bit ridiculous.... It's not exactly ancient hardware here. Using Chrome, btw.

Should I just post this on GetSatisfaction? I am seriously considering buying all the sets mostly for the Dark Ages, Adventure, and AI play, but the ability to play a game on my iPad is a dealbreaker for me... Especially considerng the fact that a lot of the UI problems I have with it is caused by the fact that they wanted to make sure it worked and looked exactly the same on the iPad.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone play on the iPad?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 02:57:49 am »

A mate of mine plays on an iPad but it is an iPad 4 I think.... bought new at about Christmas time so whatever the current release iPad was then.

We were having a few drop outs but the game was playable (his was using Safari rather than Chrome and Chrome should be working better) His main frustration was not being able to use the chat function.

Goko have stated that the game is not yet optimised for iOS but that is what they are working on at the moment according to Get Satisfaction.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:59:26 am »
+1

I have tried on my Nexus 10.  It loads fine, but it occupies a whopping 9x12 cm in the center of the screen.  Nothing that would be playable.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:09:20 am »

It runs great on my iPad 4 using Safari. The only problem, as stated, is the inability to use the chat function.

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:19:20 am »

They say that the first priority is iOS/ Android apps, so I think it'll get a lot better then.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:22:54 am »

They also said they'll use the same interface on phone screens, which sound terrible.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 10:59:20 am »

Why is it then when I (on a laptop) play on Chrome, Goko expands to fill the height of the screen, but on Firefox, it's letterboxed on all four sides?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Squidd

• Golem
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17:37 pm »

I tried to play on my Droid Razr. The native browser won't load the site at all, Firefox will load the menu but crashes whenever I start a game, and Chrome will actually get into the game, but the interface is too big for the screen and can't be resized or scrolled.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »

Should I just post this on GetSatisfaction?

Better to post it there than here. Here you're just complaining at fans, might make you feel better but is unlikely to have any effect. There they might hear and either fix or offer a workaround or something, or at least take it into account when deciding what features to wwork on. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.