Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Interacting with the Trash  (Read 9033 times)

Hamlet

• Chancellor
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Interacting with the Trash
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 11:03:44 am »

While Donald X may not have thought about the trash being used, it's not about his intention, it's about whether it's possible within the scope of the game.
As an attack, I think it is doable. Actually Davio's first card works far superior to the one I proposed where the trashed cards are redistributed. I could see a politics issue here with trashing a card specifically for the next player, but there aren't many trashing cards that grant an extra action anyways to utilize this easily.

Buggz

• Spy
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 11:41:37 am »

Donald has several times said something along the lines of "if it's fun, do it", but as stated in rinkworks' excellent guide to fan cards the cards in the trash are there for a reason.

What it also says is playtest your cards. So, how is it?

Hamlet

• Chancellor
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 11:48:44 am »

Donald has several times said something along the lines of "if it's fun, do it", but as stated in rinkworks' excellent guide to fan cards the cards in the trash are there for a reason.

What it also says is playtest your cards. So, how is it?

I haven't playtested it personally, I just wanted to discuss theory to see if I'm not the only one interested in investigating this area. I may find it fun, but I imagine others can find this idea repulsive.
I haven't had a free moment recently, but I think I'll playtest Davio's card here next I time I play; the card I initially posted was strictly theoretical.

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »

I don't find the idea repulsive per se, but I'm not that interested in it. If somebody presents are card that looks like it could be fun and balanced, I'd say so.

ChaosRed

• Duke
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 05:23:52 pm »

For what it's worth, I am in favor of leaving trash alone. I would however consider action cards that put target cards in your hand back into the supply line, to help combat 3-piling.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.448 seconds with 21 queries.