Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Whats happening  (Read 2765 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Whats happening
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:21:45 am »

I've been sitting here for a good 5-7 minutes, and my opponent is doing nothing. I can still check the game log and such; is it just my computer?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Whats happening
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:35:30 am »
+3

I've been sitting here for a good 5-7 minutes, and my opponent is doing nothing. I can still check the game log and such; is it just my computer?

Were you winning? Your opponent probably quit to avoid losing rank. You'll eventually time out and won't gain rank.

Welcome to Goko.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:36:34 am »

Were you winning? Your opponent probably quit to avoid losing rank. You'll eventually time out and won't gain rank.

Welcome to Goko.
wow. That...really sucks.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:27:31 am »

Welcome to Goko.
wow. That...really sucks.

If that happens again, just close the tab.  Goko should be working on something to fix this.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:21 am »
+1

sometimes it happens to me that its my turn but i cant do anything. i can look on the supply cards and so on but not play any cards or tressures. so maybe not everyone is afk  but just hast tis problem too.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:47:27 am »

Yep - what RTT said.

I played with a friend of mine last night sitting in the same room as him and the game froze up before the end of the game on about two out of every three games. Current version of Chrome on both machines and no other obvious reasons for it happening so there is still some problem in Goko that is causing frequent freezes and crashes. It was posted on Get Satisfaction that they think they have now isolated what the problem was and are hoping to have it fixed in the next few days.... well we'll see about that I guess....

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:08:06 am »

i just noticed that if you dont play you lose ranking points. I only realised because my casuyl ranking was a round sum yesterday and today it was below it. I havent played a casual game in a month or so. I dont know when that has been implemented. That might be the first step in correcting the problem, with people sitting on top of the leaderboard. Hopefully the next step is counting a browser refresh as a loss.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 09:20:29 am »

i just noticed that if you dont play you lose ranking points. I only realised because my casuyl ranking was a round sum yesterday and today it was below it. I havent played a casual game in a month or so. I dont know when that has been implemented. That might be the first step in correcting the problem, with people sitting on top of the leaderboard. Hopefully the next step is counting a browser refresh as a loss.
This was actually one of the things I really disliked about the iso rating system. But oh well, it's not the worst thing ever.

loppo

• 2014 Austrian Champion
  • Respect: +194
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 10:55:21 am »

the loss of rating is not so bad as in the iso system. On iso you had to play like 3-5 games only to maintain your uncertainty level. Here the loss was like 8 points / day. With a rating >6.000 thats not so bad.

And i think a gradually loss if you don't play is a good thing. Otherwise a player would just stop playing if he reaches a top spot sitting there forever

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 11:01:25 am »

the loss of rating is not so bad as in the iso system. On iso you had to play like 3-5 games only to maintain your uncertainty level. Here the loss was like 8 points / day. With a rating >6.000 thats not so bad.

And i think a gradually loss if you don't play is a good thing. Otherwise a player would just stop playing if he reaches a top spot sitting there forever

The points loss can't be that bad; I haven't seen some of the top players on in ages and they're still ranked up there.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 11:07:53 am »
+1

I think it would be better to just make them invisible after like 2 weeks of not playing.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 04:05:11 pm »

It was like that on Iso for a bit. The top guy (who had gotten there illegitimately) would play exactly one game against an alt every [however often it was required to stay visible]. That's why it became a gradual decay, so you'd actually have to maintain your rating at what it was.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.