Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Quick links: rules, card lists, and more  (Read 12377 times)

ancientcampus

• Navigator
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
Quick links: rules, card lists, and more
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:17:31 pm »
+2

Official rules:
Base set (PDF)
Echoes of the Past (PDF)
Figures in the Sand (PDF)
No Place Like Home (PDF)

Tutorial:
Link to a newbie tutorial (with lots of pictures)

Extras:
Echoes of The Past Errata: changes to set up and drawing rules
Complete base set cardlist, and official FAQ (PDF) (Requires a Board Game Geek account - free registration)
Complete cardlist for Base & Echoes of the Past, using images of cards as they appear on isotropic.
Innovation Isotripic Leaderboard

Dominion veterans may be asking:
What is Innovation?
This is not Dominion! It is a completely different game, but it is also a completely awesome game. Innovation is a card game made by Carl Chudyk, and published by Asmadi games, which does other cool games like “We Didn’t Playtest This At All.” If you want a physical copy, you can buy it on Amazon for less than $20. “innovation.isotropic.org” is a free online version.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself!

Thanks to SirPeebles, dondon151, and Thisisnotasmile for links and feedback
Mods - feel free to edit this post as appropriate
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:03:13 pm by ancientcampus »

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: Quick link to the official rules
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:11 pm »

I'd like to point out that Asmadi Games is the publisher.  The game designer is Carl Chudyk.  As a Dominion analogy, this would be like crediting RGG rather than Donald.
Well you *do* need a signature...

ancientcampus

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:01:10 pm »

Fixed! Thanks for that.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:54 am »
+2

There's a base set FAQ on BGG with a list of the cards. I haven't found a list of Echoes cards yet, though.

ancientcampus

• Navigator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick links: rules, card lists, and more
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 03:52:08 pm »

Thanks for the feedback!

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:33 pm »

Hi ancientcampus, I believe the expansion is called "Echoes of the Past," not "Echoes in Time."

ancientcampus

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:19:22 pm »

D'oh! fixed.  ;)

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:34:47 pm »
+3

Is there any place to find out the current rules to Echoes?

I am aware that I can read the Echoes rules, then go to BoardGameGeek to read a thread that intersperses piecemeal rule updates from Chris with feedback and general whining from BGG in general, but I'd prefer something less terrible.

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 08:09:18 am »

Is there any place to find out the current rules to Echoes?

I am aware that I can read the Echoes rules, then go to BoardGameGeek to read a thread that intersperses piecemeal rule updates from Chris with feedback and general whining from BGG in general, but I'd prefer something less terrible.

everytime you have to draw a card,if you already have at least 1 card in your hand and no echoes card in your hand you draw from the echoes deck instead,if the echoes deck from that age is empty,you draw from the base deck instead,if the base deck from the current age is empty but the echoes deck still has card that whole age is still considered empty for all drawing purpouse

cards have 2 new symbols on them,bonus and echo effect... bonus gives you score equal to that bonus value (so having a bonus value of 3 on board gives you 3 extra point) but only the highest bonus on your board count... the other bonus symbol will only provide 1 point (so if you have 3 bonus all of value 3,you'd have 5 points as 3+1+1... if you you then add a card with bonus value 5 you'd have 8 points as 5+1+1+1) the other are echo effect,each card has an echo symbol and text where you can usualy find the symbols as opposed to normal text,then when you splay the cards so that the echo symbol is shown,you get the echo effect on top of the normal effect,so for example

normaly i'd get only mathematics effect but since the pile is splayed up and it shows 4 echo symbols,i get 4 extra bonus effect so right now if i used math it would be

Draw and foreshadow a 4,draw a 2,draw a 3 or foreshadow a 4,meld a blue or yellow card from your hand,and then math effect... also the pile above is worth 9 point (highest bonus is 7,then you have 2 other bonus that are lower,7+1+1 = 9) you might also notice that photography has an echo effect but it won't trigger cause the symbol will be shown only when splaying the pile right

now you might be asking "what's foreshadow?" foreshadow is the last new thing introduced in echoes,when you foreshadow a card you put it in your forecast section then when you play a card of age equal or higher you can instantly meld and execute one of your foreshadowed card,most card that foreshadow usualy foreshadow a card of higher age so foreshadowing is mostly a "for the future thing"

lastly there are new 5 domain achievements,one is got if you forecast 7 cards,one if you get a pile with 8 blank symbol being shown,one if you get a pile with 4 echo effect (like the pile above) one if you have 4 piles that all contains 3 of the same symbol (think a board that is like masonry,the wheel,mysticism,metalworking for example) and the last one is got if you have 8 bonus value shown in your board
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:15:56 am by teasel »

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 08:40:51 am »

Also, it is possible to achieve more than 1 card of the same age in Echoes. In order to achieve your second, you must have a top card of equal or greater level, and have scored twice the regular scoring conditions. Triple scoring for your third and so on. There must be another achievement available for you to do this, but certain Echoes cards will allow you to transfer cards to the available achievements. Some will also let you achieve cards from other players forecasts, hands and other places.

And just to add emphasis (although teasel did mention it), in order to meld and activate a card from your forecast, you must meld a card of equal or greater age from your hand using the basic meld action. Melding a card through Mathematics, for example, will not let you play from your forecast.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.