Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Last Game on Isotropic  (Read 21137 times)

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
Re: Last Game on Isotropic
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 08:16:08 pm »

Didn't get to finish my 50th game of the day:

At least I ended with a win (would have been another one with a few more minutes). Thanks to eigensheep for being my last <3

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »
+3

My last game finished just seconds before the server was shut down, so I might have won the last iso game ever!

1:10 »»» I'm writing python and I've some free time
 1:10 »»» I feel FANTASTIC and I've some free time
 1:10 »»» While you're losing I'll have some free time
 1:10 RebelLemming: gg
 1:10 »»» And when we're down I will have some free time
 1:10 SheCantSayNo: gg
 1:10 »»» Some free time

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/15/game-20130315-171023-f53e558a.html

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »
+1

Also, doug, let's see an updated/final leaderboard!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »

My last game finished just seconds before the server was shut down, so I might have won the last iso game ever!

1:10 »»» I'm writing python and I've some free time
 1:10 »»» I feel FANTASTIC and I've some free time
 1:10 »»» While you're losing I'll have some free time
 1:10 RebelLemming: gg
 1:10 »»» And when we're down I will have some free time
 1:10 SheCantSayNo: gg

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/15/game-20130315-171023-f53e558a.html
Cool, I was just about to come here wondering what was The Last game on Isotropic.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 08:47:43 pm »
+1

Also, doug, let's see an updated/final leaderboard!

It'd be interesting to see one with all the players who haven't played for N days, as well.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:53 pm »

I forgot to grab the URLs :( But my last two games were both wins: a doubletac-Monument engine (just managed to grab 6 Monuments for a Colony each turn, though I had to Apprentice one of them to keep going) built with vanilla Villages (that always feels good) vs. someone playing a mostly money-oriented single-Tac strategy; and another win in a NV-Bridge mirror (a squeaker; the other player sniped a Province early after emptying the mat a couple of times, taking a Gold, and aggressively going for Pearl Divers as the third pile; I barely managed to build up enough on my mat to have a double-Province turn and buy the last three Pearl Divers simultaneously. I think he also got a Duchy somewhere).

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:14 pm »

While I'm posting images,

Since this file is never getting updated again, here are all (think there's like one or two exceptions in there, maybe) of my 2p games from Feb 1 2012 and on:

I wish I was just a little bit better at this game, but of course I realize a ~60% winrate against pretty skilled opposition is still pretty strong. I'd be interested in seeing other players' records, if you kept anything similar to this.

The second set of results/avg rating/winrate, below the first one, is counting games only against people at level X or higher. Apparently I had a positive winrate against "level 42 and up" (avg rating 45.18), at 165-163-9; above that and I fall below 50% (except against level 53's, where my lifetime record is 0-0-1!). Damn you Obi Wan and Stef!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:33:07 pm by Fabian »

sweettea

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 09:34:28 pm »

Final ranking: 1386-2247-58
I consider this to be my last game:
http://www.councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120815-200308-4ef4c224.html
with my now-wife =); silk roads beating provinces was pretty cool. Was on 2012-08-15 though.

I played two more games recently in memory of old times on iso, but I got torture-piled and won the other 45-33 against an unrated, so those don't really super-count.

PK9

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 10:58:48 pm »

Meh, I should have just picked a good win and stopped there.   As it was I was trailing in a game where I was trying to set up a double Tactician to someone who went Tactician/Outpost and hit the Tactician in the Outpost turn three times in a row, then got distracted for a moment and *poof* server gone.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 11:19:27 pm »
+1

My final game was against jonts26, where I nearly picked up 12 points and emptied 13 cards from 3 piles with a Border Village / Develop / HoP / KC strategy, but screwed it up and ended up a card short. After which he bricked and I won anyway.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 11:24:20 pm »
+1

My final game was against jonts26, where I nearly picked up 12 points and emptied 13 cards from 3 piles with a Border Village / Develop / HoP / KC strategy, but screwed it up and ended up a card short. After which he bricked and I won anyway.

That was your last game? Bah. It wasn't that I bricked. I had just played a tactician and would have surely won on my turn. It's that after your misplay, you got insanely lucky with that KC/KC/moat. Anyway, glad I could send you out on a high note.

I ended up winning my last game (and likely would have won the game I was playing when the server went down). It involved alchemists and governors. I forget who I was playing. Somewhat interesting. I'll find the link tomorrow.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 11:37:37 pm »

That was your last game? Bah. It wasn't that I bricked. I had just played a tactician and would have surely won on my turn. It's that after your misplay, you got insanely lucky with that KC/KC/moat. Anyway, glad I could send you out on a high note.

I ended up winning my last game (and likely would have won the game I was playing when the server went down). It involved alchemists and governors. I forget who I was playing. Somewhat interesting. I'll find the link tomorrow.

I think it would have been just as fun a game to go out on if I'd instead lost because of that mistake. It was so fun to attempt I wasn't particularly worried about the outcome.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 11:41:45 pm »

Oh hey that was me. I felt that although I got a bit unlucky with not getting $3P, I also didn't play that well so my loss was entirely justified.

That was my last full game. Server ended right after I got a double Province turn in my next game, and I was in a good position to win. Oh well.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 12:12:12 am »

Remaking Estates into Villages, Militias into Council Rooms (but keeping some Militias for post-CR use), buying Grand Markets with Silvers and Militias, while my opponent is going for some simple BM on a Colony board.  He has around 5 Platinums and 5 Golds when I start buying money, but at that point I consistently generate ~$20 per turn so that's more than enough to catch up.

Remake, or Remodel?

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 02:41:11 am »

This, actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HFGtqefiN0

I was going to play a series of games with my buddy as a sendoff, but life got in the way.  Pretty bummed about that, but kinda cool that I recorded my last game I guess.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 02:43:21 am »

Remaking Estates into Villages, Militias into Council Rooms (but keeping some Militias for post-CR use), buying Grand Markets with Silvers and Militias, while my opponent is going for some simple BM on a Colony board.  He has around 5 Platinums and 5 Golds when I start buying money, but at that point I consistently generate ~$20 per turn so that's more than enough to catch up.

Remake, or Remodel?
uhhh..Remake. CR costs $5.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2013, 03:31:54 am »

I won my last game, but I was too busy watching Doug's Still Alive parody to really pay attention, wouldn't have cared if I lost :P
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

gamesou

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +337
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2013, 04:44:34 am »

My last game was a Scout game  ::)

With King's Court and Quarry on the board, you might hope to see some crazy engine. Well, kind of: I ended up playing the Scout/Moat combo. The reason for this: Duke.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20130315-105547-61e6ef20.html

(besides Duke, Scout was arguably the second best kingdom card here ...)

Actually I had time to play one more game, but didn't in order to post a cool game here !
Designer of Chronos Conquest

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 05:33:41 am »
+1

When the server went down, everyone auto-resigned, so there are many logs of partially completed games. If I did things right, this is the last full game ever played on Iso.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/15/game-20130315-171037-8878552b.html
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

dudeabides

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: dudeabides
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 08:57:44 am »

I had intended to stop playing after a game in which I was able to get all 8 Colonies without a Bridge mega-turn, but addiction is what it is.

So my last online Dominion game was an anti-climactic three pile ending with a 6-0 score.  I was hoping to go out with a bang rather than a fizzle.

Thanks for all the games!  I'm surprised how sad it is to say goodbye to Iso  :'(

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners.
jsh357: the dude doesn't need to explain himself

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:26 am »

Remake, or Remodel?
uhhh..Remake. CR costs $5.

Oh man, oops! Brain fart. My bad!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:25 am »

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20130315-164432-ae096e29.html
my last game. Got insanely lucky with Black market. I got 11 cards from the black market, which included:
ambassador, mountebank, bridge, KC, TR, sea hag, highway, and three cards that gave +2 actions on a board with no +2 actions. ended up giving my opponent all 10curses on a board with no cursing, decreased the price of cards by four in one turn on a board without bridge or highway, and played 5+ terminal actions in one turn on a board with no +2actions. there was no trashing, but with a combination of scrying pool, cartographer, and cellar I managed to draw my deck a couple times. oh, and there was goons too.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 02:19:55 pm »

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:47 pm »

OK here is the log from my last full game - http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20130315-170636-80fc044c.html

I'll give it a nice breakdown.

Supply: Alchemist, Governor, Great Hall, Haggler, Herbalist, Oracle, Philosopher's Stone, Potion, Saboteur, Woodcutter, and Worker's Village
We both open 4/3.

There are a number of different possibilities but I think at the heart of any of them, you have to be aiming for a Governor fueled engine. There is herbalist/P.Stone, but it's going to be way too slow here I think. Governor/BM is of course strong, but there's just so much support to improve upon it.

The big thing with governors is you want to use them for +cards as little as possible. So getting card draw from elsewhere is ideal. We have 2 options here, alchemist and oracle. Alchemist is non-terminal and very consistent, but slow setting up. Oracle is more inconsistent, but also attacks, but needs villages.

We both opt for opening potion, going into the alchemist route. I decided that if I went alchemist and the other guy didn't, I'd probably lose the governor split 6-4, or we might split them due to my first turn. But the huge card draw would let me much more effectively gain and remodel gold to provinces that it wouldn't matter. However, that theory wasn't tested as we both got potions. I opened Potion/Woodcutter, thinking the plus buy would be useful early on. However, thinking back, I would have preferred potion/oracle. Titandrake opened potion/herbalist, and while herbalist is garbage later on, it can act as an early accelerant with good luck, so it's the sort of high variance move I might make as 2P. Of course, he gets terrible early luck which most likely decides much of the game.

The basic game plan for me was then, get alchemists, get a haggler and then buy as many governors and worker's villages, gaining more villages and oracles. Use the governor's to trash extra 3's into more governors and then once I'm drawing my deck start gaining and remodeling gold as much as possible. I have the opportunity to drain three piles prematurely thanks to haggler and I take it for the win.

An interesting game, and would have been more so if luck was more equal. Thanks Titandrake for closing out my Isotropic Dominion career. It's been a blast.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »

My last game on iso was this one against greatexpectations back in December during the tournament.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.