Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Summoner Wars  (Read 2374 times)

Dekryr

• Baron
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
Summoner Wars
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »
+1

I picked up the Summoner Wars: Master Set a few months ago, right around the beginning of the year. The game is absolutely great and I have been playing it as much as possible since then. Not sure if any of you other folks have tried it out, but I figured I would give my recommendation here.

Summoner Wars is listed as an "expandable card game of tactical combat." That description works fairly well. It's sort of a cross between Magic and chess with hand/resource management thrown in. Also, it is #2 in Tom Vasel's top 100 games.

I play on Vassal and there is an ios app with some of the factions. So if anyone plays or is interested in the game let me know.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Re: Summoner Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:21 pm »

Clearly I missed something when I demoed it at Origins. It just didn't hold me.

I'll have to give it another try later....probably not in a dealer hall.
A man has no signature

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:01:54 pm »

I have it on my iPhone. Seemed fun enough but most of the time I fire up a game on my iPhone I just want a quick game and am more likely to fire up the unofficial dominion app or some other quick to finish game.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
  • Respect: +301
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 01:14:51 am »

I have it on my iPhone. Seemed fun enough but most of the time I fire up a game on my iPhone I just want a quick game and am more likely to fire up the unofficial dominion app or some other quick to finish game.

Which is kind of hilarious, considering Summoner Wars doesn't take that much longer than Dominion does for me, face-to-face.  It's just an asynchronous App.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
  • Respect: +301
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 01:15:51 am »

I really really have been enjoying Summoner Wars by the way.  I got the Master Set too.

Sand Goblins are probably my favorite faction, but Benders vs. Deep Dwarves has I think been our favorite match-up so far.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 01:25:21 pm »

I picked up the Summoner Wars: Master Set a few months ago, right around the beginning of the year. The game is absolutely great and I have been playing it as much as possible since then. Not sure if any of you other folks have tried it out, but I figured I would give my recommendation here.

Summoner Wars is listed as an "expandable card game of tactical combat." That description works fairly well. It's sort of a cross between Magic and chess with hand/resource management thrown in. Also, it is #2 in Tom Vasel's top 100 games.

I play on Vassal and there is an ios app with some of the factions. So if anyone plays or is interested in the game let me know.

My friend brought the base set over and got me a little standalone of two races for my birthday.  We played one game, it was pretty fun.  I had Shadow Elves, he had Mountain Vargath.  I had almost clobbered him in the first couple turns (I had gotten his summoner to 5/7 before he blocked my access to it), but I didn't realize that you never got your discard pile back, and discarded one key elite unit and a couple too many basic units.  I ended up with no deck while he still had 10 or so cards.  He was able to come back and win by playing an elite and attacking my summoner.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 03:03:07 pm »

I read the rules and they were pretty interesting, but I've never gotten to play it
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.