Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 808408 times)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #3150 on: March 28, 2018, 06:52:42 am »

Play tracker in action phase, (get a boons that doesn't gain you anything), don't buy anything, use exorcist in night phase on an expensive card for ghost, topdeck ghost, play devils workshop for cemetery, trash overgrown estate, draw ghost, play ghost. Right? If there's a way to do it with no on-trash abilities then I have no clue. Unless it's something goofy with possession or masquerade or 22 player noble brigand/messenger/lost city shenanigans

Technically that doesn't work because you can't gain Cemetery if it's a board without Haunted Mirror, but obviously you can achieve the same effect very easily just by using any Night that trashes, such as another Exorcist.

EDIT: for extra hard mode, you can gain Blessed Village with Vampire and get the +1 card boon to draw the Ghost, or you can get the +2 cards, discard 2 cards boon to draw the Ghost. Does that count as two different possible solutions?
I suppose that's correct.

My two solutions work without Boons though.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

humcalc216

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: humcalc216
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: March 28, 2018, 08:52:19 am »

Play tracker in action phase, (get a boons that doesn't gain you anything), don't buy anything, use exorcist in night phase on an expensive card for ghost, topdeck ghost, play devils workshop for cemetery, trash overgrown estate, draw ghost, play ghost. Right? If there's a way to do it with no on-trash abilities then I have no clue. Unless it's something goofy with possession or masquerade or 22 player noble brigand/messenger/lost city shenanigans

Technically that doesn't work because you can't gain Cemetery if it's a board without Haunted Mirror, but obviously you can achieve the same effect very easily just by using any Night that trashes, such as another Exorcist.

EDIT: for extra hard mode, you can gain Blessed Village with Vampire and get the +1 card boon to draw the Ghost, or you can get the +2 cards, discard 2 cards boon to draw the Ghost. Does that count as two different possible solutions?

+1 Card Token on Werewolf would do it.

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: March 28, 2018, 02:25:41 pm »

True! But that doesn't cover hard mode.

humcalc216

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: humcalc216
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: March 29, 2018, 10:55:58 am »

True! But that doesn't cover hard mode.

Right.  Forgot about that.

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: March 29, 2018, 11:14:15 am »

After thinking some more, one of my solutions for extra hard doesn't work. But the other is still fine, and was actually the reason I came up with this puzzle in the first place.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: March 29, 2018, 10:40:51 pm »
+3

Why is there a puzzle with a "hard mode" and an "extra hard mode", 12 comments of discussion, and spoiler-blocked responses, in the "easy puzzles" thread?

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: March 30, 2018, 01:48:13 am »

Why is there a puzzle with a "hard mode" and an "extra hard mode", 12 comments of discussion, and spoiler-blocked responses, in the "easy puzzles" thread?
I'm not sure what you want this thread to be. I don't find puzzles where the answer gets posted within 5 minutes to be very exciting.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3157 on: March 30, 2018, 03:06:31 am »

That's pretty standard for this thread. The only thing that doesn't belong here are the spoiler tags.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AJD

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: March 30, 2018, 12:33:39 pm »

I'm not sure what you want this thread to be. I don't find puzzles where the answer gets posted within 5 minutes to be very exciting.

I mean, that is literally what this thread is supposed to be. Easy puzzles. Puzzles that are not easy, and inspire extended discussion, can have their own threads!

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: March 30, 2018, 12:50:18 pm »

I mean, that is literally what this thread is supposed to be. Easy puzzles. Puzzles that are not easy, and inspire extended discussion, can have their own threads!
So can you give me a good a priori way to determine whether a puzzle that I post is easy or not? When I thought it up, I thought it likely to just be answered right away.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3160 on: March 30, 2018, 01:05:31 pm »

Are you saying that we shouldn't be allowed to extendedly discuss puzzles ITT?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 30, 2018, 07:14:51 pm »

Maybe we need a "reasonably easy puzzles" or "harder version of easy puzzles" thread
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 30, 2018, 07:22:39 pm »
+3

It's not about difficulty guys, it's about length.  Nobody feels like starting a new topic just for a weird convoluted interaction problem.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #3163 on: April 12, 2018, 11:38:16 am »
+1

Neat puzzles that seemed easy when you thought of them

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 12, 2018, 01:39:42 pm »
+5

Neat puzzles that seemed easy when you thought of them

Or more accurately:

"Interesting card interaction you dreamed up that was reverse-engineered into a puzzle"
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

MeNowDealWithIt

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: MeNowDealWithIt
  • Why does it say "Pearl Diver"
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:15 pm »
+2

In a kingdom with no black market, reserves, or durations except tactician, I play 3 action cards on my turn, the first of which is a tactician. What events are in the kingdom?

Alms and Pathfinding; in a previous turn, I put pathfinding on Villa, then on the turn I just described, I used alms on a villa and played it, drawing another action card and playing that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:02:14 pm by MeNowDealWithIt »

fisherman

• Steward
  • Shuffle iT Username: fisherman
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: April 19, 2018, 05:41:28 pm »
+2

In a kingdom with no black market, reserves, or durations except tactician, I play 3 action cards on my turn, the first of which is a tactician. What events are in the kingdom?

Summon is enough with Bridge or Highway, so that you can Summon a Tactician and 2 other actions.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: April 20, 2018, 02:01:56 am »
+2

actually, you need no events with Prince+ highway

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: April 20, 2018, 02:09:11 am »

You can also not have any Events or start-of-turn shenanigans by just doing Golem into Tactician and X.

AJD

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: April 20, 2018, 02:29:08 am »
+1

You can also not have any Events or start-of-turn shenanigans by just doing Golem into Tactician and X.

Not if Tactician is the first Action played on the turn.

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: May 13, 2018, 01:43:00 am »
+5

On a board with no Haunted Mirror, I gain a Ghost from the Ghost pile and play it on the same turn. How?

Hard mode:             No tokens, opponents have Lighthouses out       
Extra hard mode:                 All of the above, but also non on-trash effects             

EDIT: Hard mode fixed. It is solvable now.
EDIT2: New extra hard mode. I can think of 2 possible solutions for extra hard.

By the way Seprix has just inadvertently solved this puzzle in another thread:

Not useful, but certainly neat.

When you play an Enchantress, it covers the first Action card played during a turn... Which includes a Werewolf in the Night Phase.

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +319
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: May 18, 2018, 11:45:53 am »

:) What is the largest number of differently-named Victory cards you can have in your deck, with none of them worth more than 0 VP?  :(

AJD

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: May 18, 2018, 12:50:17 pm »

:) What is the largest number of differently-named Victory cards you can have in your deck, with none of them worth more than 0 VP?  :(

I'm gonna guess... 48?

12 each of Duke, Feodum, and either Vineyard or Distant Lands (but not both)
6 Overgrown Estates and 6 Pastures, via ridiculous 6-player Masquerade shenanigans

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3173 on: May 18, 2018, 01:05:47 pm »
+3

I'm gonna guess... 48?

6 Overgrown Estates and 6 Pastures, via ridiculous 6-player Masquerade shenanigans

Differently-named.

AJD

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: May 18, 2018, 01:08:55 pm »

I'm gonna guess... 48?

Differently-named.

Oops.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.