Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 808383 times)

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #2875 on: December 21, 2016, 07:19:23 am »

Donate?

I guess ambassador is also possible
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:22:26 am by AdrianHealey »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2876 on: December 21, 2016, 07:40:07 am »

There is 2 empty piles. All the others have minimum of 10 cards. I've made only one buy and won on three-pile. No Haggler/Border Village on the board.
4-player game: I played Highway and bought Messenger to gain Ill Gotten Gains.

Another puzzle:
In the previous buy phase, there were 3 empty piles. But the game didn't end. Why?
4-player game, no Villa.

Some of the empty piles weren't supply piles.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: December 21, 2016, 08:19:40 am »
+2

Another puzzle:
In the previous buy phase, there were 3 empty piles. But the game didn't end. Why?
4-player game, no Villa.

Encampments went back at clean-up.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: December 21, 2016, 09:43:43 am »

Donate?

I guess ambassador is also possible
How? What did I trash?

Some of the empty piles weren't supply piles.
Oh, I should have written "Supply". Your answer is also acceptable.

Encampments went back at clean-up.
I forgot Encampments. Right, this is an answer, too.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: December 21, 2016, 01:25:18 pm »

you exchanged travellers.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: December 21, 2016, 03:35:10 pm »

Another puzzle:
4-player game, no Villa.

Not sure if this works, but you bought the last card in a pile, temporarily emptying it, then revealed Trader to gain a Silver instead, so you put it back.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: December 21, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »

you exchanged travellers.
What I prepared. Great!
Yes, your turn ends AFTER the Clean-up phase, so I can say "Hey, the game does not end, I will exchange my Page, don't start counting your Victory cards from your discard pile before I draw 5 cards!"

Not sure if this works, but you bought the last card in a pile, temporarily emptying it, then revealed Trader to gain a Silver instead, so you put it back.
In goko, that's ok. However, Trader can be revealed BEFORE you gain a card, so that won't work in real games.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:14:36 pm by majiponi »

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: January 11, 2017, 04:17:48 am »

Due to an bizarre series of Masquerades, I start my turn owning exactly two cards, both of which are in my hand (so no Native Village mat, Tavern mat, Prince, etc., etc.). By the end of the turn I have gained a Province and I did not trash, return, or exchange any cards in the process. At no point in the game, this turn included, have I in any way interacted with any tokens (including placing or manipulating Adventures tokens, taking Pirate Ship tokens, placing or gaining Curses from Embargo tokens, or anything at all to do with VP/Coin/Debt tokens), though some or all of them may nonetheless be present in the Kingdom. No Attack cards from other players (e.g. Swamp Hag) had any effects on me this turn.

However, I also gained a second card besides the Province, and in fact, on account of which two cards were in my hand, I could not have fulfilled all the conditions in the last paragraph without also gaining that other card. What other card did I gain, and what two cards started the turn in my hand?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +971
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: January 11, 2017, 04:28:49 am »

Due to an bizarre series of Masquerades, I start my turn owning exactly two cards, both of which are in my hand (so no Native Village mat, Tavern mat, Prince, etc., etc.). By the end of the turn I have gained a Province and I did not trash, return, or exchange any cards in the process. At no point in the game, this turn included, have I in any way interacted with any tokens (including placing or manipulating Adventures tokens, taking Pirate Ship tokens, placing or gaining Curses from Embargo tokens, or anything at all to do with VP/Coin/Debt tokens), though some or all of them may nonetheless be present in the Kingdom. No Attack cards from other players (e.g. Swamp Hag) had any effects on me this turn.

However, I also gained a second card besides the Province, and in fact, on account of which two cards were in my hand, I could not have fulfilled all the conditions in the last paragraph without also gaining that other card. What other card did I gain, and what two cards started the turn in my hand?

It's Procession and WM. You couldn't buy a Province without gaining $6-cost action on the board.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: January 11, 2017, 04:35:56 am »

It's Procession and WM. You couldn't buy a Province without gaining $6-cost action on the board.
Alternatively, Graverobber/Expand and Catacombs.
Doesn't meet the "no trashing" requirement.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:40:45 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:13 am »

Alternatively, Graverobber/Expand and Catacombs.

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: January 11, 2017, 04:43:47 am »

A working yet somewhat silly solution is Treasure Hunter/Hunting Grounds, assuming your opponent gained enough cards in their previous turn.

faust

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: January 11, 2017, 04:46:14 am »
+3

Also fun: The cards in my hand are Fortune/Gold. Alms for Villa, play Villa, Gold, Fortune for $8. This of course works with a wide variety of other combinations.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:47:42 am by faust »

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: January 11, 2017, 05:15:58 am »

Also fun: The cards in my hand are Fortune/Gold. Alms for Villa, play Villa, Gold, Fortune for $8. This of course works with a wide variety of other combinations.
Ah, I did not think of Alms! Well done, doesn't break the no-trashing rule, only gains two cards instead of five.

(I've actually thought of two other (non-Alms-including) solutions that I also didn't intend... it occurs to me that Provinces are surprisingly cheap.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:22:21 am by Violet CLM »

xyz123

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +511
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: January 11, 2017, 01:09:34 pm »

You could modify this answer to be Disciple instead of Procession.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:22:41 pm by xyz123 »

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: January 11, 2017, 03:03:38 pm »

Capitol and Haggler?

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:51 pm »

You played Procession-Procession-Champion on another turn.
Your hand is Begger and Masquerade.
You play Begger to put 3 Coppers in hand.
You play Masquerade to pass Copper, and receive Capital from your poor opponent.
You play all Treasures to buy Province.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: January 11, 2017, 07:55:25 pm »

Capitol and Haggler?

Also, Capitol and Ill Gotten Gains

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: January 11, 2017, 11:25:48 pm »

Further reflection reveals that yes, Procession + Wine Merchant would work, at least under the assumption there is a $6 pile. Disciple + Wine Merchant and Disciple + Poor House are better in that regard... oh well. It looks like I should have required that no card be played more than once, and also that all three cards have the same price (to ward off another combination that hasn't been mentioned). But I am quite impressed by some of the ideas here--Dominion is complicated!

You played Procession-Procession-Champion on another turn.
Your hand is Begger and Masquerade.
You play Begger to put 3 Coppers in hand.
You play Masquerade to pass Copper, and receive Capital from your poor opponent.
You play all Treasures to buy Province.
I really like the Procession-Procession-Champion touch, but this involves gaining four cards, not two.

Capitol and Haggler?
Close, but remember: "At no point in the game, this turn included, have I in any way interacted with any tokens (including... Debt tokens)".

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: January 12, 2017, 08:23:22 am »
+2

Sometimes there need to be easy ones:

How can one gain 6 cards and instantly draw them using only one action card (played once, no tokens)?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2895 on: January 12, 2017, 08:39:31 am »
+1

Play 3 Treasure Troves with Storyteller while your deck and discard are empty.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: January 12, 2017, 08:42:15 am »

Play 3 Treasure Troves with Storyteller while your deck and discard are empty.

Sure :) It's so elegant, I really liked it.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: January 13, 2017, 01:19:29 pm »
+1

Hero + Venture, with Platinum on the board.

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: January 22, 2017, 02:45:30 am »
+6

New quiz.

Play Overlord as Engineer.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: January 22, 2017, 11:41:51 am »

Hero + Venture, with Platinum on the board.

You could also just have two Platina in hand, then you don't need to gain anything
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.