Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 812825 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #1700 on: May 23, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

Okay, Stonemason was one of them, and Transmute also works!  There are more.  :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 23, 2015, 11:56:49 am »

Okay, Stonemason was one of them, and Transmute also works!  There are more.  :)

You can Remodel any Potion cost card into a Transmute, if I am not mistaken. Which includes Transmogrify.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 23, 2015, 12:20:42 pm »
+1

After you buy one, play it with Disciple a few times.

belugawhale

• Moneylender
  • Something.
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 23, 2015, 02:05:22 pm »

Simple Puzzle: How can I gain a Champion?
removed by user

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1704 on: May 23, 2015, 02:08:17 pm »
+5

Simple Puzzle: How can I gain a Champion?

From the trash with Graverobber or Rogue.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 23, 2015, 07:08:04 pm »

(1) Exchange a Hero.

(2) You're facing an opponent who has foolishly bought Masquerade while Possession is also in the Kingdom and the Champion happens to be in their hand when you Possess.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 23, 2015, 07:09:58 pm »

Neither of those involve you gaining the champion. It is either put in your hand or exchanged for, not gained.

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 23, 2015, 09:07:39 pm »

Err... right.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 25, 2015, 12:15:54 pm »

I buy and gain a card from the same pile 21 times.  Ambassador was not involved.  How?

EDIT: Kingdom card.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:31:50 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 25, 2015, 12:18:13 pm »
+3

I buy and gain a card from the same pile 21 times.  Ambassador was not involved.  How?
Copper, Silver, or Gold.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: May 25, 2015, 12:31:39 pm »

Copper, Silver, or Gold.

Excuse me, Kingdom card.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 25, 2015, 12:33:04 pm »
+5

Copper, Silver, or Gold.

Excuse me, Kingdom card.
Page, Peasant.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 25, 2015, 12:35:16 pm »
+2

Copper, Silver, or Gold.

Excuse me, Kingdom card.

I parse your question to read as a single buy with 21 gains.  Answer: Graverobber.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 25, 2015, 07:12:44 pm »
+3

You reveal Trader 20 times, then you trash it and Graverobber it 20 times.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5160
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 26, 2015, 04:56:32 am »

My deck has maximal size (i.e. 2 piles run out, all other at 1 card left, and all the cards missing from the supply are mine). At some point after the start of my turn, I have five cards in hand, no cards on any mats, no cards set aside. I play two cards (and no more than two cards). Now my deck and discard pile are empty. Which two cards did I play?

Hard mode: No perfect shuffle luck.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 26, 2015, 07:37:50 am »
+1

scrying pool, madman? Hard mode.... surely we can at least choose our starting hand?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:11 am »

scrying pool, madman? Hard mode.... surely we can at least choose our starting hand?

Basically the entire supply is yours, meaning that your opponents are obviously not very good at playing Dominion. I'd say it's safe to assume that you could keep on taking turns drawing and shuffeling until your deck is in the perfect order.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 26, 2015, 09:15:29 am »

You said nothing about Durations from last turn, which are not set aside.  Trivial answer is there are 9 each of Caravan, Wharf and Haunted Woods from last turn in play, as well as 9 Hirelings.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 26, 2015, 10:05:31 am »

My deck has maximal size (i.e. 2 piles run out, all other at 1 card left, and all the cards missing from the supply are mine). At some point after the start of my turn, I have five cards in hand, no cards on any mats, no cards set aside. I play two cards (and no more than two cards). Now my deck and discard pile are empty. Which two cards did I play?

Hard mode: No perfect shuffle luck.

You sucessfully King's Courted all ten Tacticians last turn, and this turn you play a Madman to draw the other half of your deck, followed by a Forge to get back down to 5 caaaaaaaargh... Damn those ninjas!

swedenman

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 26, 2015, 01:04:48 pm »

You said nothing about Durations from last turn, which are not set aside.  Trivial answer is there are 9 each of Caravan, Wharf and Haunted Woods from last turn in play, as well as 9 Hirelings.

This certainly still wouldn't be enough would it? By my count those durations draw 63 cards at the beginning of your turn, and that's barely enough to draw the 59 Coppers in your deck, let alone everything else.

I'm not sure about the solution. Scrying Pool+Madman occurred to me, but I think actions would make up less than half your deck no matter how you cut it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 26, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

This certainly still wouldn't be enough would it? By my count those durations draw 63 cards at the beginning of your turn, and that's barely enough to draw the 59 Coppers in your deck, let alone everything else.

I'm not sure about the solution. Scrying Pool+Madman occurred to me, but I think actions would make up less than half your deck no matter how you cut it.

The 9 HW's have 9 KC's on them, Wharves have TR's, 5 of the Hirelings have Disciples.  There are also 9 Havens from last turn, and 9 RC'd Gears.  That's 185 cards right there.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 26, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »

Well, you could have King's Courted Processions to play 6 Tacticians per Procession/KC pair. By re-gaining all Tacticians from the trash inbetween, you get to 9 KC/Procession pairs, leading to 54 Tactician plays. Then you Throne each Tactician, play 9 Wharfs, play 9 Hirelings, play 9 Havens, play 9 Ghost Ships. That's a whole lot of cards. Maybe there's a better Procession/KC/TR combination, but you get the point. And then there's Madman doubling your hand next turn.

swedenman

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 26, 2015, 02:00:56 pm »

The 9 HW's have 9 KC's on them, Wharves have TR's, 5 of the Hirelings have Disciples.  There are also 9 Havens from last turn, and 9 RC'd Gears.  That's 185 cards right there.

You forgot the 9 Princed Hunting Grounds ;)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 26, 2015, 02:04:36 pm »

That's now 12 Kingdom cards, and set aside cards were not allowed.  :P

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:31 pm »

That's now 12 Kingdom cards, and set aside cards were not allowed.  :P

You can keep the Princes from being set aside by processing them. The main Problem would be that princed cards are still played.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.