Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 808634 times)

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #1550 on: May 05, 2015, 07:05:12 am »

How much money does 3 estates cost?

Hey. It's an easy puzzle.
http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Grande-Games-RGG-471/dp/B007MKLX84
Dominion Extra Cards costs $11.27 and comes with 12 Estates. So 3 Estates costs 1/4 of that, or $2.82

According to this, three estates cost $11.27.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 05, 2015, 10:26:38 am »
+1

Wow. My question was just sarcastic.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 05, 2015, 11:51:02 am »
+5

Really it depends mostly on where you live. In New England, especially near or in a big city like Boston, a single estate will cost upwards of a million dollars; so 3 estates would probably cost around 3 million. But in the midwest, you could probably get 3 estates for $400,000 or so. Of course it's also going to depends largely on the size of the estates. so really there's just no real way to answer this without a lot more details.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 05, 2015, 11:58:52 am »

Really it depends mostly on where you live. In New England, especially near or in a big city like Boston, a single estate will cost upwards of a million dollars; so 3 estates would probably cost around 3 million. But in the midwest, you could probably get 3 estates for $400,000 or so. Of course it's also going to depends largely on the size of the estates. so really there's just no real way to answer this without a lot more details.

The pun thread is over in General Discussion, guys.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 05, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »
+3

They're about 1VP big.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 05, 2015, 12:08:52 pm »

I played Band of Misfits as a Reserve card and set it aside on the Tavern mat. How do I get it back?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1556 on: May 05, 2015, 12:14:38 pm »
+5

I played Band of Misfits as a Reserve card and set it aside on the Tavern mat. How do I get it back?

At the end of the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 05, 2015, 12:25:28 pm »

An opponent plays Bridge Troll; you take your -$1 token.  Your point totals are even, all the Victory Supply piles are full, and no other pile has more than two cards taken from it.

How can you win the game without ever losing the -$1 token?

Bear in mind that length is a factor, as your opponent can just buy stuff and end the game on their own.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:27:07 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 05, 2015, 12:36:46 pm »

Board with Baker, Stonemason, Forager, Masquerade, Ironmonger, Mountebank, Wharf, Watchtower, Border Village, X;
no Black Market, no Kings Court, no Forge, no Adventures. 4 Player.

What is presumably the most common reason no one uses the coin token on T1/2?

Player 1 loses connection on T1.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 05, 2015, 12:43:14 pm »

They want to save it for their first $7 turn to get SM-2xBV-2xWharf? I can think of a lot of things but that's the most "drastic" play.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: May 05, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »

An opponent plays Bridge Troll; you take your -$1 token.  Your point totals are even, all the Victory Supply piles are full, and no other pile has more than two cards taken from it.

Bear in mind that length is a factor, as your opponent can just buy stuff and end the game on their own.

Your deck is: King's Court, King's Court, Dame Natalie, Sir Michael, Masquerade.

Pin them until their deck is gone. Then, start gaining Coppers/Estates/Curses with Dame Natalie, and trashing them. Drain those piles to 1 Curse, 0 Copper, 2 Estates.  On the final turn, gain those 3 cards and pass the Curse last. (or drain until there are 1-3 Estates left and just don't play Masquerade)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:50:33 pm by Deadlock39 »

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 05, 2015, 01:02:14 pm »

You have the other Bridge Troll and two Highways, plus three Estate-Highways created earlier by picking up Inheritance with a cost-reducer in play. You also have Princess, but since winning it you returned your Province to the Supply by playing Ambassador with an opponent's Lighthouse in play. You play your Bridge Troll, five Highways, and Princess to reduce the price of Provinces to $0, then swipe them all in a single turn. You need another five Buys to pull it off but you can get them with two Market Squares, two Worker's Villages, and a Pawn; the Worker's Villages also give you the Actions to play all your terminals.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 05, 2015, 02:26:15 pm »

You have the other Bridge Troll and two Highways, plus three Estate-Highways created earlier by picking up Inheritance with a cost-reducer in play. You also have Princess, but since winning it you returned your Province to the Supply by playing Ambassador with an opponent's Lighthouse in play. You play your Bridge Troll, five Highways, and Princess to reduce the price of Provinces to $0, then swipe them all in a single turn. You need another five Buys to pull it off but you can get them with two Market Squares, two Worker's Villages, and a Pawn; the Worker's Villages also give you the Actions to play all your terminals.

Inheritance sets aside a card, so this doesn't meet the criteria of the puzzle.

How can you buy a card, without using coins, other than via cost reduction?

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 05, 2015, 02:46:01 pm »

Okay then you gain one of the Highways mid-turn using Ironworks or Armory or something.

You can gain cards without coins, but you can't buy cards without coins unless you're either using cost reduction or going for cards that cost $0 in the first place.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 05, 2015, 02:52:01 pm »

One Bridge Troll, and 3 Estate-Highways (or with one real Highway and the contrived Princess thing) gets you to KC/KC/Workshop/Workshop/Ironworks for all the provinces.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 05, 2015, 02:59:37 pm »

Okay then you gain one of the Highways mid-turn using Ironworks or Armory or something.

You can gain cards without coins, but you can't buy cards without coins unless you're either using cost reduction or going for cards that cost $0 in the first place.

There are cards that don't cost any coins at all.

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 05, 2015, 03:13:24 pm »

Yeah the $0 ones. Are you proposing playing Cursers to wreck your opponent's VP and then buying Coppers and Ruins to end the game?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1567 on: May 05, 2015, 03:35:25 pm »
+3

Yeah the $0 ones. Are you proposing playing Cursers to wreck your opponent's VP and then buying Coppers and Ruins to end the game?

And the $0P ones.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 05, 2015, 03:39:20 pm »

And the $0P ones.

Well. That would do it, wouldn't it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 05, 2015, 09:29:15 pm »

Can't you just play a bunch of Workshops and Workshop variants? Alms too.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

belugawhale

• Moneylender
  • Something.
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 07, 2015, 11:32:58 am »

New puzzle: How can Squire directly gain a treasure other than silver (Squire itself tells you to gain the treasure, not another card)?
removed by user

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:52 am »
+3

New puzzle: How can Squire directly gain a treasure other than silver (Squire itself tells you to gain the treasure, not another card)?

Relic.

ephesos

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ephesos
  • Respect: +290
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 07, 2015, 01:28:52 pm »

At the end of the game.
:P Well of course, but I meant how do I get it back during the game and play it again?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 07, 2015, 01:55:13 pm »

At the end of the game.
:P Well of course, but I meant how do I get it back during the game and play it again?

Pretty sure that there is no way.  There was an idea that you could do something like TR-BoM, first as Reserve, then as something that trashes itself.  Then you can gain it from the trash with, say, Graverobber. But BoM would fail to trash itself from the tavern.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:47:14 pm by eHalcyon »

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 07, 2015, 02:14:36 pm »
+1

At the end of the game.

TR-BoM, first play it as any Reserve (say Guide), set it aside. Then I can play it again.

Well, that's for playing it again. Getting it back might work like this, but I'm not sure how the ruling is there:

I have Princed a TR. At the start of my turn, I play TR-BoM as Guide, setting it aside. As my BoM-as-Guide is set aside, it reverts to being a BoM. Now I play it again, as Guide. For a split second, my BoM on the Tavern mat turn into Guide, immediately wanting to revert back to a BoM. But "ha!", I say and jump up. You're a Guide now, and it's the start of my turn, so I may call you! And I do!

I honestly wonder if this would work.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.