Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 813890 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #1450 on: April 23, 2015, 06:07:01 pm »
+2

The other two work.  My solution doesn't use coin tokens, Stonemason or Ruins.  Also, you only buy one thing!

Play Death Cart with a +1 Coin token on it, trashing it to itself. Buy Farmland, trashing a Catacombs from hand (gain a <=$4 cost action), then gain a $7 cost action from Farmlands. 

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 23, 2015, 06:16:33 pm »

Well, having Death Cart means having Ruins. :P

I'll try narrowing it down further -- you don't need to play (or call) any cards at all.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 23, 2015, 06:45:44 pm »

Haha, I just realized that my original solution doesn't actually work.  Thankfully, I came up with an all new solution that still fits all my requirements. :P

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 23, 2015, 06:49:53 pm »
+2

Buy a Squire for $0 because of a previously bought Ferry and trash it to Watchtower.

Alms also works in place of Ferry.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:52:58 pm by TheOthin »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 23, 2015, 06:57:40 pm »

Buy a Squire for $0 because of a previously bought Ferry and trash it to Watchtower.

Alms also works in place of Ferry.

That's the one.

Now another attempt at using the interaction I had in mind...

No coin tokens, no durations, no reserve cards.  You play Vault (with no tokens on it), discarding your entire hand for $6 to spend.  In your buy phase, gain any number of action cards with a total cost of $12.

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: April 23, 2015, 07:05:36 pm »
+2

Travelling Fair, Alms, Port.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 23, 2015, 07:20:21 pm »

Travelling Fair, Alms, Port.

That's good.  My solution doesn't use Alms.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1792
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 23, 2015, 08:04:35 pm »
+2

No coin tokens, no durations, no reserve cards.  You play Vault (with no tokens on it), discarding your entire hand for $6 to spend.  In your buy phase, gain any number of action cards with a total cost of $12.
That's good.  My solution doesn't use Alms.

Ferry (on a Stonemason), Buy Stonemason for $0, overpay for $6, gain two $6 cost actions. As of the time you gain these actions, the total cost is $12.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 23, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »

That works too!  Maybe I should just reveal my solution.  Or I should put more restrictions... :P

- Nothing gained ever costs $0 during this whole process.
- I gain a total of 4 cards.

TheOthin

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 24, 2015, 12:29:40 am »
+1

Ferry on Border Village. Buy Stonemason, overpay by $4, gain two Border Villages and two $3 cards, for a total of $16 value.

That fulfills the "nothing ever costs $0" new condition but doesn't stick to exactly four cards.

Along the same vein, Ferry on Peddler, then pick up two with Stonemason. They'll be $4 each during the Buy phase, but go up to $6 each afterwards, so you'll total $14.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 24, 2015, 01:06:30 am »
+1

I'll just give my solution.

Inheritance on Port.  Buy Travelling Fair.  Buy two Estates, gaining Port for each.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 24, 2015, 07:44:37 am »

For the original two cards, you could Ferry Port, and reveal Trader to the first Port you gain.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 28, 2015, 03:10:17 pm »

The only Treasures in my deck are three Golds.

I play them to Storyteller and draw 10 cards.

Later that turn, I play them again and buy a Province.

How?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 28, 2015, 03:16:32 pm »
+2

The only Treasures in my deck are three Golds.

I play them to Storyteller and draw 10 cards.

Later that turn, I play them again and buy a Province.

How?

You gain a Mandarin.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 29, 2015, 12:56:36 pm »
+2

I play Walled Village, then two more Actions.  These are the only Actions I play this turn.  I play those same three cards again on my next turn, before playing any other cards, having put all of them on top of my deck.  How?

EDIT: Walled Village puts itself on your deck, not another card.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:05:25 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:35 pm »

I play Walled Village, then two more Actions.  I play those same three cards again next turn, having put all of them on top of my deck.  How?

KC-Scheme is the most obvious...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1466 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:25 pm »

I play Walled Village, then two more Actions.  I play those same three cards again next turn, having put all of them on top of my deck.  How?

On your opponent's turn, he Swindled them into a Scout, a Moat and a Tribute, and then he played KC/KC/Graverobber/Moat/Ambassador to gain them from the trash, draw them and pass them to you, and then you revealed the Watchtower in your hand to put them all on top of your deck, and then on your turn, you play KC/KC/Watchtower to draw all of the cards that you topdecked on your opponent's turn, and then you play Walled Village and the other two Actions.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 29, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »

KC-Scheme is the most obvious...

Made an edit: "Walled Village puts itself on your deck, not another card."

On your opponent's turn, he Swindled them into a Scout, a Moat and a Tribute, and then he played KC/KC/Graverobber/Moat/Ambassador to gain them from the trash, draw them and pass them to you, and then you revealed the Watchtower in your hand to put them all on top of your deck, and then on your turn, you play KC/KC/Watchtower to draw all of the cards that you topdecked on your opponent's turn, and then you play Walled Village and the other two Actions.

Rather more convoluted than I was thinking.  There's a simpler way.  Also getting passed cards is not gaining them, and you can't reveal Watchtower.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1468 on: April 29, 2015, 01:20:54 pm »

Also getting passed cards is not gaining them, and you can't reveal Watchtower.

You can certainly reveal a Watchtower to your opponent's Ambassador.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 29, 2015, 01:21:41 pm »

Also getting passed cards is not gaining them, and you can't reveal Watchtower.

You can certainly reveal a Watchtower to your opponent's Ambassador.

Ah.  You said "pass", so I thought the official "pass", which would have meant Masquerade.

There's still a simpler way.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: April 29, 2015, 01:49:57 pm »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't get Moat back from the trash using Graverobber.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 29, 2015, 01:53:50 pm »

I know you're probably thinking of something involving Adventures cards or events but there's always the really stupid idea of playing Walled Village then Feast, gaining another Feast and topdecking it with Watchtower, and Scheme.

Edit: Oh snap that doesn't work either! Never mind.

Editedit: Do these three cards have to be the EXACT same ones that were in play, or can they just have the same name?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:04:52 pm by Elanchana »
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 29, 2015, 02:03:28 pm »
+2

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't get Moat back from the trash using Graverobber.

Why can't you let Ozle have his dream?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 29, 2015, 02:47:47 pm »

Editedit: Do these three cards have to be the EXACT same ones that were in play, or can they just have the same name?

The exact same ones.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 29, 2015, 03:13:38 pm »

Looking at Reserves to possibly put on top of your deck made me wonder when exactly Scheme is "resolved" for the means of Royal Carriage. Well, for a while. Then i realized it has to be resolved after drawing the card, because otherwise you couldn't play any other action card in that turn.

Good puzzle, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.