Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 808928 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2014, 09:44:37 am »

What do these cards all have in common?

Cellar
Chancellor
Village
Woodcutter
Workshop
Gardens
Militia
Moneylender
Remodel
Smithy
Spy
Thief
Throne room
Laboratory
Witch
Wishing well
Bridge
Scout
Saboteur
Peddler
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2014, 10:33:44 am »
+2

They introduced a basic concept that was redone in later cards?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2014, 12:42:54 pm »
+7

moat?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 01, 2014, 04:44:05 pm »

This puzzle should be pretty easy. I got a triple goons turn on the following kingdom. How?

Code: [Select]
Forager, Masquerade, Advisor, Procession, Remake, Explorer, Rabble, Tactician, Adventurer, Goons

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 01, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »

This puzzle should be pretty easy. I got a triple goons turn on the following kingdom. How?

Code: [Select]
Forager, Masquerade, Advisor, Procession, Remake, Explorer, Rabble, Tactician, Adventurer, Goons

You mean, you played three Goons?  Tactician gives an extra action, and Procession-Advisor or Procession-Forager give you more actions as well.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3191
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: December 01, 2014, 04:46:44 pm »

you could play 10 goons on that kingdom

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 01, 2014, 04:59:13 pm »

Not realistically, but yes. You could play 20, even.

I told you it was an easy puzzle.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 01, 2014, 05:01:15 pm »

I was expecting Tactician + Necropolis.

Disappointed.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 01, 2014, 05:05:16 pm »

I was expecting Tactician + Necropolis.

Disappointed.
Yeah, I wish it had shelters too.

Most of the reason I posted it was that when I started the game I didn't think triple goons was feasible.  And then suddenly it was. Double tactician is great (and I did play tactician that turn as well).

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 01, 2014, 06:05:55 pm »

With necro, even if Advisor and Forager weren't there, it would be possible to get 5 Goons in play, but no more.  I wonder if it's possible to design a kingdom where it's possible to get x Goons in play, but not x+1, for x>5 (and obv. x not equal to 10).  Oh yeah, Crossroads should help for x=7.  Is it possible for x=8 or 9?  Oh, you could just use Dame Molly.  So Procession+Molly gives you 4 actions, Procession+Necro makes it 7, then Procession+Bailey makes it 8, Tactician to get 9, and just don't include Crossroads.  I thought I was going to make a cool puzzle out of that but I guess I already solved it...

Actually wait, you can start with Pr>Pr>Pr>Molly,Necro,Bailey, and now you're at 10, so knights don't help, because as long as Procession and knights are in the kingdom you can get 10.  Wait what if you throw out necro, just use Pr>Pr>Pr>Molly,Bailey,Crossroads gets you to 8, then Tactician to get to 9.  So I think you just have to not have Necropolis.  Okay, I think I did it now.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 01, 2014, 06:08:21 pm »
+2

With necro, even if Advisor and Forager weren't there, it would be possible to get 5 Goons in play, but no more.  I wonder if it's possible to design a kingdom where it's possible to get x Goons in play, but not x+1, for x>5 (and obv. x not equal to 10).  Oh yeah, Crossroads should help for x=7.  Is it possible for x=8 or 9?  Oh, you could just use Dame Molly.  So Procession+Molly gives you 4 actions, Procession+Necro makes it 7, then Procession+Bailey makes it 8, Tactician to get 9, and just don't include Crossroads.  I thought I was going to make a cool puzzle out of that but I guess I already solved it...

Actually wait, you can start with Pr>Pr>Pr>Molly,Necro,Bailey, and now you're at 10, so knights don't help, because as long as Procession and knights are in the kingdom you can get 10.  Wait what if you throw out necro, just use Pr>Pr>Pr>Molly,Bailey,Crossroads gets you to 8, then Tactician to get to 9.  So I think you just have to not have Necropolis.  Okay, I think I did it now.

I'd love to see a discussion between you and ElaTalksToHerself
Join the Dominion League!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 01, 2014, 08:29:02 pm »
+1

On my first turn, I bought a Masterpiece for $3.  What am I buying on my second turn?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 01, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »
+7

On my first turn, I bought a Masterpiece for $3.  What am I buying on my second turn?

Scout?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 01, 2014, 09:15:32 pm »

Scout?

Nope.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 01, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »

I'm having trouble thinking of a kingdom where you want masterpiece for $3 over silver on turn 1. The idea here is that you are actually playing well, right?

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 01, 2014, 09:25:11 pm »

I'd love to see a discussion between you and ElaTalksToHerself
Huh?
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 01, 2014, 09:40:27 pm »

Taxman?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 01, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »

Taxman?

Nope!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 01, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »

I'm gonna channel Ozle.  Is it Moat?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 01, 2014, 09:57:28 pm »

I'm gonna channel Ozle.  Is it Moat?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: December 01, 2014, 10:01:17 pm »
+1

masquerade, because it's a really good card?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 01, 2014, 10:05:31 pm »

masquerade, because it's a really good card?

Noperino.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 01, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »

I was thinking Forager, but that doesn't make sense because it would be better to buy Forager with $3 then overpay for Masterpiece on the $4 hand.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 01, 2014, 10:11:36 pm »

I was thinking Forager, but that doesn't make sense because it would be better to buy Forager with $3 then overpay for Masterpiece on the $4 hand.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 01, 2014, 10:18:24 pm »

I'm actually going to attempt this *ish scrolling through all the cards on ds*

Noble Brigand? (If it's on the board it can target Silvers but not Masterpieces, and it's a good card to open with... though I don't see how getting a Masterpiece would be better than a Copper in this case unless there's trash for benefit stuff)

Bishop? (You could trash the Masterpiece for as many VP tokens as trashing a Silver, but you don't have to lose a Silver in the process... though it would just be an extra card to trash)

Forager? (The Masterpiece would add an extra treasure to the trash pile... though you would probably still want silvers) Ninja'd
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.