Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 808633 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #500 on: December 22, 2013, 04:01:33 pm »

oops, embargo isn't graverobber-able, is it? 30 is the absolute max then, right?

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 22, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »

oops, embargo isn't graverobber-able, is it? 30 is the absolute max then, right?

but BoM is graverobber-able and you can use it as your embargo

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #502 on: December 22, 2013, 04:13:32 pm »

Yeah, though, this means that Embargo needs to take up a kingdom slot.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 22, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »

cool! so then we can get the whole silver, curses, and gold pile by putting as many embargo tokens on doctor as we want and reveal trader to gain silvers. To get the gold pile we overpay by a ton and discard tunnels. We can actually put BoM, graverobber, trader, and tunnel in the black market deck to save space in the kingdom. add 10 hagglers and 9 talismans and we get 10 copper and 10 doctors. So in total:

silver pile + gold pile + curse pile + 20 + however many cards we can get from on-trash effects, using more doctor overpay. That's at least 20 from catacombs -> deathcart. Not sure what else we can do, we already gained the silver, gold, and curse piles...

kingdom: Black market, doctor, talisman, haggler, catacombs, deathcart, embargo
BM deck: young witch (in case we need more spots), trader, BoM, graverobber, tunnel

It's possible that gaining a border village could be better, but I doubt it.

EDIT: saw the post about hunting grounds.... trash 8 of those for 24 estates is another 16 cards. throw ambassador, masquerade, lighthouse, and moat in the BM deck. now with each play of ambassador two of them are blocked and only 1 estate is given out. but how to get rid of the last estate? could just put lighthouse or moat actually in the kingdom I suppose, there's room.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:30:56 pm by liopoil »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #504 on: December 22, 2013, 04:29:26 pm »

silver pile + gold pile + curse pile + 20 + however many cards we can get from on-trash effects, using more doctor overpay. That's at least 20 from catacombs -> deathcart. Not sure what else we can do, we already gained the silver, gold, and curse piles...
The Estates with Hunting Grounds. So, unless I'm mistaken, in a 6-player game, it should be possible to gain

40 Silvers + 30 Golds + 50 Curses + 10 Doctors + 10 Coppers + 20 Ruins + 10 Death Carts + 30 Estates - 10 Catacombs - 10 Hunting Grounds = 180. Not sure where my previous 162 came from.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:35:58 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

rrwoods

• Navigator
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 23, 2013, 04:16:41 am »

The Gold and Silver piles are doubled for six players

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 23, 2013, 05:14:06 am »

I thought you always used all of your standard treasure cards every game
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 23, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »

There are no strict rules on this. The Intrigue rulebook states that you "may combine" the treasures from both base and Intrigue. Donald has said before that people can choose to play with however many treasure cards they wish. (I assume it's implied he still meant at least as many as comes with 1 set).
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #508 on: December 23, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »

There are no strict rules on this. The Intrigue rulebook states that you "may combine" the treasures from both base and Intrigue. Donald has said before that people can choose to play with however many treasure cards they wish. (I assume it's implied he still meant at least as many as comes with 1 set).
Though, even if he didn't mean that, there's nothing to stop people from doing it.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:01 pm »

Yeah, thats what I thought, but was wondering why the comment above states its doubled for 6 players, presume that came from somewhere
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

rrwoods

• Navigator
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 23, 2013, 02:36:17 pm »

I actually took it from the all encompassing dominion FAQ: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Complete_and_All-Encompassing_Dominion_FAQ

It's not written by Donald, of course. I've never checked the actual rules for this as I avoid five- and six-player games; I'd just assumed that the FAQ had it right as it seems to have everything else right.

But, for the purposes of the puzzle, you can assume the piles are doubled as you're controlling the setup anyway :)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 23, 2013, 05:48:45 pm »

cool! so then we can get the whole silver, curses, and gold pile by putting as many embargo tokens on doctor as we want and reveal trader to gain silvers. To get the gold pile we overpay by a ton and discard tunnels. We can actually put BoM, graverobber, trader, and tunnel in the black market deck to save space in the kingdom. add 10 hagglers and 9 talismans and we get 10 copper and 10 doctors. So in total:

Slow down. If you reveal Trader for each curse, then you don't get the curses. You can't get both.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #512 on: December 23, 2013, 06:31:50 pm »
+1

Slow down. If you reveal Trader for each curse, then you don't get the curses. You can't get both.
But you don't reveal it for each curse, you just reveal it for the 40/80 first curses (depending on if you use the Intrigue treasures or not), then you gain the 50 curses that are still left in the supply. Remember, there are 9001 Embargo tokens on Doctor because of Band of Misfits+Graverobber.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »

But you don't reveal it for each curse, you just reveal it for the 40/80 first curses (depending on if you use the Intrigue treasures or not), then you gain the 50 curses that are still left in the supply. Remember, there are 9001 Embargo tokens on Doctor because of Band of Misfits+Graverobber.
Ah cool. 9001 embargo tokens. Got it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 23, 2013, 10:51:29 pm »

Yeah, thats what I thought, but was wondering why the comment above states its doubled for 6 players, presume that came from somewhere

The official rules in the Ingrigue rulebook instruct you to combine the treasures when playing with 5 or 6 players.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 09, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »

This game of Dominion went on forever. Why?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »
+9

KC-Monument?  Bishop-Fortress?  You were playing on Goko?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 09, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »
+4

No Ruins.  Coppers and Curses were emptied and trashed or permanently set aside.  No one could afford even an Estate.
Well you *do* need a signature...

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 09, 2014, 06:41:23 pm »
+4

you were playing a normal game on goko, but the lag made it last forever
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 09, 2014, 08:28:01 pm »
+1

No Ruins.  Coppers and Curses were emptied and trashed or permanently set aside.  No one could afford even an Estate.
Great, now you've got me stuck looking for the BGG thread where DXV put the smackdown on the troll who suggested such a game. Now *that's* going to take forever.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 09, 2014, 09:19:31 pm »
+2

KC-Possession-Chapel game. Both players successfully trash down to nothing but KC-Possession-Chapel. It is in neither of their best interest to create a functional deck, and the game draws out forever with no buys.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:20 pm »

KC-Possession-Chapel game. Both players successfully trash down to nothing but KC-Possession-Chapel. It is in neither of their best interest to create a functional deck, and the game draws out forever with no buys.

During your last Possessed turn, I could have you Chapel both your KC and Possession.  That way they are set aside until after you draw during cleanup, so you can't Possess me.  Depending on the board, I'm still not sure how I would finagle a win, however.
Well you *do* need a signature...

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »

Depending on the board, I'm still not sure how I would finagle a win, however.
If the kingdom is right, this is not hard. As long as you can possess your opponent every turn, you can force him to only have a single Chapel in hand. And on your turns you can do whatever you want. If the kingdom is right, this guarantees a win (even with worst-case shuffle luck; every line is a turn):
-Buy Copper
-Buy Copper
-Buy Hamlet
-Buy Hamlet
-Trash Coppers
-Buy Peddler (x3)
-Buy Peddler (x3) and then go wild with KC/Wharf/Bridge (in a way that guarantees you have no bad draw)
OR
buy 1 Copper/Curse/Estate every turn, trash what you bought last turn, and end with an Estate

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 09, 2014, 09:55:31 pm »

And when the kingdom is not right (say, no kingdom cards costing less than 3), then it's not possible to guarantee a win. At some point you need to have 3 "junk" cards in you deck, either CCC or CCE, in addition to your Pos/KC/Ch, and with bad luck you might miss your Possession, and then your opponent gets 3 turns with your deck.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 09, 2014, 10:26:49 pm »

Great, now you've got me stuck looking for the BGG thread where DXV put the smackdown on the troll who suggested such a game. Now *that's* going to take forever.

Argh, now I am!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/534706/is-the-following-scenario-a-draw

There is another thread like this too, but a lot of the posts in it were deleted:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/475492/draw-game/page/4
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:33:39 pm by heron »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.