Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 808736 times)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »

Puzzle:  Gain a Madman, but not during your clean-up phase.
Well you *do* need a signature...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »

Masquerade?  But that depends on your definition of "gaining", because while you do gain the card that is passed to you via Masquerade, you don't gain it such that you activate on-gain effects or anything.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2013, 08:03:09 pm »

Masquerade?  But that depends on your definition of "gaining", because while you do gain the card that is passed to you via Masquerade, you don't gain it such that you activate on-gain effects or anything.

Ambassador. That counts as gaining.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2013, 08:18:57 pm »
+4

Ambassador. That counts as gaining.

Ambassador only gains cards from the supply. Same with Jester. Masq doesn't gain.

Answer:

Possession. You don't gain it during your cleanup phase =)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »

clucky gets it.   I really hoped that there was a better solution to make a real puzzle, but I can't think of one.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 15, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »

new question: not sure this has been done before, but what is the largest UNIQUE number of cards you can gain from a single buy?

I think I can do... 15 24. No idea if its best or not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:44:43 pm by cluckyb »

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »

new question: not sure this has been done before, but what is the largest UNIQUE number of cards you can gain from a single buy?

I think I can do... 15 24. No idea if its best or not.

Can't you get 25?  Colony/Plat/YW/Ruins game, so 11 kingdom cards + 5 ruins + 4 Victory Cards + 4 Treasures + Curse?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »
+2

Kingdom:  Familiar, Hunting Grounds, Knights, Catacombs, Death Cart, Trader, Black Market (contains Young Witch, Haggler, Doctor, Village), Candlestick Maker, Squire, Embargo, Duchess.

Double Embargo Doctor.  Save up tons of Coin tokens with a Candlestick Maker.  Play Village, Haggler, Black Market.  Buy Doctor, and overpay buy 23.  Trash 10 Catacombs (gaining Potion, Sir Martin, Black Market, Squire, Embargo, Trader, Candlestick Maker, 1 Ruin , 2 Death Carts [4 Ruins]).  Trash 10 Squires, gaining 9 Knights and Familiar.  Trash Sir Vander, gaining 1 Gold.  Trash 2 Hunting Grounds, gaining Duchy, Duchess, and Estate.  Gain a Copper off of Haggler. Finally, from Embargo gain a Curse, and reveal a Trader to get Silver instead of the second.

Total:  Doctor, 10 Knights, Familiar, Death Cart, Trader, Black Market, Candlestick Maker, Squire, Embargo, Duchess, 5 Ruins, Estate, Duchy, Copper, Silver, Curse.  29 Cards.

Edit:  Oh, and Potion and Gold.  31 Cards.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:07:54 pm by SirPeebles »

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2013, 09:59:51 pm »

Trash Sir Vander, gaining 1 Gold.

Can't you just keep Sir Vander and reveal a Market Square at some point to gain a Gold? Or does that not count?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2013, 10:02:39 pm »

Trash Sir Vander, gaining 1 Gold.

Can't you just keep Sir Vander and reveal a Market Square at some point to gain a Gold? Or does that not count?

Sure, you could tuck Market Square into the Black Market deck.  Or you could include Tunnel and discard it to your Doctor overpay.  But why complicate things?  I still counted Sir Vander as being gained, even thought he is later trashed.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »

Kingdom:  Familiar, Hunting Grounds, Knights, Catacombs, Death Cart, Trader, Black Market (contains Young Witch, Haggler, Doctor, Village), Candlestick Maker, Squire, Embargo, Duchess.

Double Embargo Doctor.  Save up tons of Coin tokens with a Candlestick Maker.  Play Village, Haggler, Black Market.  Buy Doctor, and overpay buy 23.  Trash 10 Catacombs (gaining Potion, Sir Martin, Black Market, Squire, Embargo, Trader, Candlestick Maker, 1 Ruin , 2 Death Carts [4 Ruins]).  Trash 10 Squires, gaining 9 Knights and Familiar.  Trash Sir Vander, gaining 1 Gold.  Trash 2 Hunting Grounds, gaining Duchy, Duchess, and Estate.  Gain a Copper off of Haggler. Finally, from Embargo gain a Curse, and reveal a Trader to get Silver instead of the second.

Total:  Doctor, 10 Knights, Familiar, Death Cart, Trader, Black Market, Candlestick Maker, Squire, Embargo, Duchess, 5 Ruins, Estate, Duchy, Copper, Silver, Curse, Gold29 30 Cards.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2013, 10:08:32 pm »

Just fixed that, Dsell.  I'd forgotten to count the Potion too.  31.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »

Here's another simple one: Get 2 peddlers by (the end of) turn 2.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »

wow nice work. completely different from what I was thinking which was a haggler/talisman trigger on a BV pickup

Using some of your ideas (death card to get ruins, embargo to handle trashing), without doctor I can still get 28

Kingdom consists of Highway, Haggler, Talisman, BV, Young Witch, BM (WT, Trader, Market Square, Embargo all in BM deck, plus an assortment of villages and drawers to hopefully actually make this work), Death Cart, Knights, Two other villages, Duchess.

Played 10 x haggler, at least 1 embargo on the BV pile, and have 9 Talisman to play. Buy BV (1), gain 9 more (use WT/Market Square/Trader to get Silver and Gold (3)), gain 10 knights (13) from BVs

From Hagglers gain the 7 kingdom cards other than BV/Haggler/Knight/Duchess, including a Death Cart with 2 ruins (22). Gain second Death Cart (24), final ruin (25) and Duchy + Duchess (27) From the Embagro, gain one curse (28).

If we allow the "Only need to gain the card, not keep it" then that becomes 29 by replacing a village with Catacombs and trashing it to gain copper/potion/estate.

Simon (DK)

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Sirusc
  • Respect: +218
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2013, 05:49:04 am »
+1

Total:  Doctor, 10 Knights, Familiar, Death Cart, Trader, Black Market, Candlestick Maker, Squire, Embargo, Duchess, 5 Ruins, Estate, Duchy, Copper, Silver, Curse.  29 Cards.

How do you Embargo a card in the Black Market deck?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 16, 2013, 08:28:05 am »

How do you Embargo a card in the Black Market deck?

Right.  The Embargo is an artifact of before I stuck Doctor into the Black Market deck.

Alright.  Swap Trader with Feodum, and pay $1 to smash that open too.  That gets us the Silver we need for 30, but still no Curse.

Now put Hunting Ground into the Black Market deck, and Haggler into the Kingdom.  You can still have that one Hunting Ground to pop for a Duchy and Duchess, but by putting three Hagglers into play rather than just one, we can gain a Curse and an Embargo from Hagglers.  Then, the Catacombs which would have yielded an Embargo should instead give an Estate.

That should fix things, and give us 31 Cards.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 16, 2013, 09:13:04 am »

Baker in kingdom. Shelters. Open 4/3.

Turn 1: Buy Nomad Camp
Turn 2: Play Necropolis, Nomad Camp, (Peddlers cost 4), play 3 Coppers + 1 coin, buy a Stonemason, overpaying 4.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 16, 2013, 02:20:41 pm »

Super easy one: get more than one copy of a Shelter in your deck.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 16, 2013, 02:23:05 pm »

Isn't Masquerade the only answer here? They're never in the supply, and there's no way to make them cost enough to be gainable by Rogue. They aren't Treasure, so you can't Thieve them.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 16, 2013, 02:25:46 pm »

Isn't Masquerade the only answer here? They're never in the supply, and there's no way to make them cost enough to be gainable by Rogue. They aren't Treasure, so you can't Thieve them.

I was trying to find another answer, but i think masquerade is the only one.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #395 on: July 16, 2013, 02:33:28 pm »
+1

1) Use the Finnish translation, the Finnish Hermit doesn't mention anything about having to discard it from play so any way to discard it before buying a card this turn (including opponent's discarding attacks) will do.
2) Play Oasis, discard Hermit, trash the Hermit, gain a Madman.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 16, 2013, 02:39:44 pm »

Turn 2: Play Necropolis, Nomad Camp, (Peddlers cost 4), play 3 Coppers + 1 coin, buy a Stonemason, overpaying 4.
Yep, I was wondering if there might be another way but I doubt it.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 16, 2013, 02:54:13 pm »
+1

Yep, I was wondering if there might be another way but I doubt it.

Player 1 buys Noble Brigand, revealing Overgrown Estate and Hovel from each of Players 2, 3, and 4. (You're Player 4.)

Player 2 buys Stonemason + 2 Masquerades, draws Necropolis/Copper/Copper/shuffle/Masquerade/Masquerade.

Player 3 buys Stonemason + 2 Market Squares, draws Necropolis/Copper/Copper/shuffle/Market Square/Market Square.

Player 4 (you) buys Stonemason + 2 Squires, draws Necropolis/Copper/Copper/Squire/Squire.

Player 1

Player 2 plays Necropolis/Masquerade/Masquerade. You get both Market Squares from Player 3 for Coppers.

Player 3

Player 4 (you) plays Necropolis/Market Square/Market Square/Squire/Squire (for buys). Play 2 Copper. Buy 2 Stonemason, gaining 4 Peddlers. Buy 5 more Peddlers.

Can you get all 10? I can't.  :(

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »

With more players, you can do better; you don't have to draw your Squires on turn 2, as you can draw them with your Market Squares. With more plays of Masquerade, Market Squares can be passed further than one player along, giving you five in hand. Other players can open Stonemason+Market Square+Ambassador, giving you Market Squares in your discard pile, and other players can buy Noble Brigands to cycle your deck enough that you can play everything on turn 2.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:03:25 pm by Warfreak2 »
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 16, 2013, 03:02:32 pm »

Player 4 (you) plays Necropolis/Market Square/Market Square/Squire/Squire (for buys). Play 2 Copper. Buy 2 Stonemason, gaining 4 Peddlers. Buy 5 more Peddlers.

Doesn't work.  You played enough action cards that Peddler costs $0.  You cannot overpay by $0 and Stonemason is exact, so Stonemason cannot gain $0 Peddlers.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.