Dominion > Puzzles and Challenges

Easy Puzzles

(1/692) > >>

Davio:
I often think about some easy puzzles that don't warrant their own topic, so might as well create a catch-all topic for them.

Rules

* DON'T use Spoiler Tags these ones, just post the answer
* If you're sure you got the right answer, feel free to post the next puzzle or PASS to let someone else post one
* Default: 2 player game, Normal Turn = No durations, Possession or Outpost turn, it's a normal turn and start with 5 cards
I'll start.

No durations, Possession or Outpost turn, it's a normal turn and I start with the following 5 cards.
In my hand I hold Secret Chamber, 3 Coppers and one other card.
I choose to play Secret Chamber and discard those 3 Coppers and of course have a tactical reason for doing this.
Nothing happens to the Coppers after I've discarded them, they are neither trashed nor put on top of my deck, they're not moved at all. Nothing would have happened to them if I hadn't discarded them with SC, they would have simply been discarded during clean-up.
Grand Market is not in the supply.

If not just for kicks and giggles, why would I discard 3 Coppers for $3 this way?

AHoppy:
the last card is silver/royal seal, and you plan to buy a mandarin and don't want to top-deck coppers

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: AHoppy on March 13, 2013, 11:59:59 am ---the last card is silver/royal seal, and you plan to buy a mandarin and don't want to top-deck coppers

--- End quote ---

Was about to answer that, but he said nothing would have happened to the coppers if they hadn't been discarded to SC; they would have just been discarded during cleanup anyway.

GendoIkari:
I don't know, but if you had just 1 more money available I'd have a really fun solution:

Last card in hand is Watchtower.
You buy a Rats, trashing it with Watchtower, to draw a card.
Your draw pile was empty and so this causes you to reshuffle, shuffling all your Coppers back in your draw pile.
You had some reason for wanting lots of Coppers in your draw pile (Coppersmith strategy; Duchy strategy, etc).

GendoIkari:
Your rule about "nothing happens to the coppers after they are discarded" is a little ambiguous. Do you mean only immediately after they are discarded? Or they don't move at all for the entire turn? If the former, then the answer is that the last card was Loan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version