Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: When is it the right play to Herbalist a Copper?  (Read 710 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
When is it the right play to Herbalist a Copper?
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:36 pm »

Lots of times probably, but when your deck has 8 Ventures and 2 Coppers has got to be up there. Much better to have the Copper in your hand. Too bad I didn't realize the advantage at the time.

A lot of really interesting interactions in this game, which I don't pretend I played as well as I might have:

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/10/game-20130310-203331-019d611b.html

Probably should have picked Minion or Venture rather than trying to combine the strategies -- Minions like Minion density more than anything. But when I saw the opportunity to Mint away my Copper, buy some Ventures, and then Mint more Ventures, I couldn't resist. Should I have Minted the last two Coppers away too? And then I foolishly didn't fight for the Nobles because I thought I would grab the Provinces fast enough to make them moot, which obviously didn't happen.

On the other hand, there's nothing more satisfying than playing a Venture and knowing it will find all the treasure in your deck.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.459 seconds with 20 queries.