Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: You can learn some amazing things from Council Room  (Read 2569 times)

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
You can learn some amazing things from Council Room
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:24:27 pm »
+2

I never used Council Room that extensively, I was mostly interested in just playing the game.  But I've been poking around on my Council Room page more lately because Iso is about to go down, and I've discovered some things that really surprise me:

- the set I have the highest "Favor" rating for is Alchemy, at 2.75%.  I always thought I wasn't that good with Alchemy cards, apparently not!
- the set I have the lowest "Favor" rating for is Seaside, -1.66%.  Seaside is my favorite set, and I thought Durations were a strength of mine.  Apparently they're not.
- I have a career 1-0-0 record against -Stef- (I remember the game I won against him, but I didn't realize that was the only time we'd ever played).  That's pretty gratifying, in a way.
- my second-highest "Win Rate Without" card is Fool's Gold.  Saboteur's first, no surprise there, but I love FG and almost always go for it if it's at all viable, and have won many games with it, so why do I seem to do so well when I don't buy it?  (Also Hamlet's #6 on that list which seems really odd).
- of my top five "Win Rate With" cards, three are Prizes.  The other two are Scout (#4) and Philosopher's Stone (#1).  What the...?!

I don't know what I can take from this, but I was just really amused by how many very surprising things I found about my stats by looking closely at them for the first time.

So, let me just take a minute to say something I've never took the time to say before: thanks to everyone who helped create and maintain Council Room.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: You can learn some amazing things from Council Room
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 04:43:46 pm »
+2

I love FG and almost always go for it if it's at all viable, and have won many games with it, so why do I seem to do so well when I don't buy it?

If you often buy it when you shouldn't, the times when you don't buy it are the cast iron cases when you really don't need it. The reverse can probably be said of philosopher's stone and scout.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.