Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Standard Possession madness  (Read 649 times)

antony

• Thief
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
Standard Possession madness
« on: March 08, 2013, 06:22:07 am »
+3

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/08/game-20130308-031359-ef6a2cea.html
With Masquerade, Apothecary and Goons (and Festival for the actions, and Highway for the finish, and Oracle thrown in the mix, and Gardens for the VPs) (no one decided to ask the Fortune Teller why a Ghost Ship was on the board too).
Apothecary+Masquerade allows HiveMindEmulator to get a Possession by turn 5(!) and I start realizing that tactical discarding on Goons will be useful, just as using the opponent's Goons when possessing him to destroy the hand he's going to possess at the expense of a few VPs... a bit later Oracle also shows up as a way to mess up the opponent's deck once you're about to be done possessing it.
HiveMindEmulator starts building a decent engine with Festival and Highway, but I luckily possess him at the right time and grab Gardens to bloat my deck.  He manages to Masquerade a Province from my hand to his while I steal one of his Possessions but my VP lead is just too big for him to overcome.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.