Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: No thanks, Goko  (Read 16162 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
Re: No thanks, Goko
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 10:03:18 pm »

Innovation cards also have combinations of symbols on them.

gryph202

• Baron
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »

I'm too lazy to read the Innovation rules. I want to learn to play though.

I can teach you how to play, if you're patient.  But regardless, I don't think Innovation is a game for the lazy.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 07:43:05 am »

I disagree with this.  I think memorizing all the cards is absolutely possible and actually not too difficult if you actually work on it.  Human memory is amazing!  But the main reason I think it is possible is because most of us here have memorized all the Dominion cards.  I know what all the Dominion cards do, including those in Dark Ages, and I can tell you what most are word for word.  So if I played Innovation a lot, I'm sure I would start to remember what everything is.
This. When I was an active Magic: the Gathering player, I had over 6000 cards memorized so that if someone said the card's name, I could tell them how the exact OracleTM wording goes (I have forgotten most of it, though).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 08:07:20 am »

is this being handled by dougz? will it have future expansion when they get released? i'm very interessed in this but nobody seems to know anything....

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:12 am »

is this being handled by dougz? will it have future expansion when they get released? i'm very interessed in this but nobody seems to know anything....

We have a whole forum full of answers that may help
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=48.0
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 11:20:57 am »

We have a whole forum full of answers that may help
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?board=48.0

oh i had no idea we had one

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:10 am »

The necessary memorization just makes it hard getting started.  You learn the really key ones pretty fast though, Road Building, Machinery, Vaccination, Gunpowder.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 11:36:27 am »

On a less serious note, I think everyone should have a BGG account.
I have plenty of time sinks, this one would be the nail in the coffin.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

On a less serious note, I think everyone should have a BGG account.
I have plenty of time sinks, this one would be the nail in the coffin.

Nah, just sign up for the account so you have access.  No need to do anything else there.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 12:14:06 pm »

Once I signed in I'll swear I'll stop after the first microbadge acquisition!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:21 pm »

You know, I actually have no clue how to acquire a microbadge or any of that stuff.  My account is extremely barren.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »

You know, I actually have no clue how to acquire a microbadge or any of that stuff.  My account is extremely barren.
I just waited 1 1/2 years after signing in, than I got a mail for christmas (which I saw somewhen last month) which gave me a coupon for 3 badges.  Probably there is a faster way to get them...

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 12:32:03 pm »

Damn, I just noticed i have two of those mails, but they expire after 180 days :P

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 05:55:39 pm »

I can teach you how to play, if you're patient.  But regardless, I don't think Innovation is a game for the lazy.

I would like to take you up on your offer. And, I wouldn't say I'm lazy. I just don't want to read the rulebook. I prefer learning by actually playing.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »
+1

I would like to take you up on your offer. And, I wouldn't say I'm lazy. I just don't want to read the rulebook. I prefer learning by actually playing.

With Innovation, you really do need to read the rules.  My first game of Innovation was that picture of a dog at a computer with the caption "I don't know what I'm doing."
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

gryph202

• Baron
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:06 pm »
+2

Innovation Rules Summary:

Taking your turn:
You take two actions per turn, which can either consist of drawing an innovation, melding an innovation to its corresponding pile, invoking a visible dogma, or dominating an age (provided scoring and top card requirements are met).  First person to gain the required number of achievements (six in a two-player game) wins immediately.

Invoking Dogma:
Every card except for the special achievements represents an innovation and has a group of icons on it, as well as one or more associated dogmas.  If you invoke a dogma, any player with at least as many of its corresponding icon as you have will follow that dogma first.  If you invoke a demand dogma (the ones that begin "I demand..."), you make that demand only of players that have fewer of the corresponding icon than you do.

Basic achievements:
In order to win a basic achievement (numbered one through nine), two conditions must be met.  Your score pile must have at least 5x the number of points as that achievement, and at least one top card on the player's board must be that level or higher.  If both of those conditions are met, the player may use one of their two actions to "dominate" that age.

Special achievements:
Not all of the achievements are numbered.  Some (e.g. "world," "universe," "monument," et. al) have special conditions listed on them.  Once those conditions are met, that special achievement is scored immeidately without requiring the use of an action.  These special achievements also have corresponding innovations which may be used to score the special achievements via dogma.

Other win conditions:
Some dogmas set win conditions or end the game when invoked.  If a dogma sets a win condition, whoever meets those conditions wins immediately (with influence score used as a tie-breaker).  If a dogma ends the game without setting a win condition, the player with the most influence wins.

Trust me, folks, this is as simple as I can make it without quoting the rulebook verbatim.  If this makes sense at all, give Innovation a try.  If this all reads like Greek, the rulebook does a much better job of explaining the particulars than I can.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 11:34:27 pm »

The rulebook isn't too long and you can try most stuff out in a solitaire game. (Or better, play against yourself in another browser.) That's how I figured it out.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 04:24:16 am »

With Innovation, you really do need to read the rules.  My first game of Innovation was that picture of a dog at a computer with the caption "I don't know what I'm doing."

Actually, I sent the link to that meme to my opponent while playing my first game. He didn't mind though.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 09:52:56 am »
+8

Said Hamlet to his Steward: "ToTwo trash, or not totwo trash, that is the question."
A man has no signature

TheSadPanda

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 07:07:18 pm »

Innovation is pretty good, thats for sure! learned over xmas and played a bit, starting tomorrow I will be on a bunch more, look forward to playing w you.

TheSadPanda
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.