Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Will You Switch to Goko?  (Read 24624 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Will You Switch to Goko?
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2013, 11:13:11 pm »

Is Isotropic down in a few hours? Or in a a day and a few hours? Thanks.

Warrior

At the earliest a day and a few hours, as it's not yet the 14th in California...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:15 pm »
+1

I'd like to piggyback off of Beyond Awesome and add:

When playing Graverobber/Rogue, bunch the trash into piles, like it normally is when you click on it, so I can see what the fuck I'm gaining.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 11:40:04 pm »

I'd like to piggyback off of Beyond Awesome and add:

When playing Graverobber/Rogue, bunch the trash into piles, like it normally is when you click on it, so I can see what the fuck I'm gaining.

That too.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:17 am »
+1

For fun, I'll apply my own weak preference ordering to BA's list with a couple added points.

More Important:

• (Correct frequency of) Shelters in Pro Games
  • No lag. (This is important, but I have not had any problems lately.)
  • No freezes! (This has gotten better. My freeze/disconnect rate is about on par with what I got with Iso; so all that's missing for me is the ability to jump back into games upon reconnect.)
  • Ability to reconnect even after refreshing one's browser

Matchmaking/ranking. These items all go together.
  • All disconnects count as a loss. If this is added, then the ability to boot people for stalling must also be added.
  • Matchmaking based on ranking
  • A rating system that slowly reduces one rating for not playing over a period of time.

And these points are only important to people who care about the leaderboard or being matched with people of similar skill for "better" games. Otherwise, attempting to cheat-proof the leaderboard is not a big deal.

Less Important:

• Ability to actually get buy all promo cards
  • No limits on people in lobbies
  • All rules implemented correctly such as being able to choose which order to resolve cards at end of turn. (Depends which rules!)
  • Make it easier to see cards when playing Scheme; bunch trash into piles. I will add better play area organization for things like current/past durations and TR/KC.
  • Quicker response time to super easy fixes like Shelters in Pro Games.

Not Important, but would be nice to have:

• All promo cards implemented
  • Base Cards art implemented (as an optional purchase)
  • Having the loser go first for the second game. And I would add, committing to a series of games with a person without having to set up a new table every time.
  • Improvements to Deck Builder, such as randomizing within expansion.

Not a Problem at all:

• Point Counter. At best, would be a nice additional feature, but it's existence is only relevant for the most serious tournament games or leaderboard climbers, which does not apply to the vast majority of players.
  • Young Witch and Ruins all on the first page. Sometimes there are so many cards; prizes, madman, spoils, Potion, colonies, etc. A design decision decision has to be made, and I don't think the decision they made is bad.
  • All rules implemented correctly such as being able to choose which order to resolve cards at end of turn. Depends which rules. Moat is great as implemented.
  • An honest pricing scheme like it was before Alchemy was released.
  • Ability to chose identical hands for pro games
  • A rating system that only counts wins and losses at the end of the day.
  • A rating system that doesn't make you lose points against 0 rank opponents for winning, but maybe you don't gain points as well. This contradicts reducing one's rating for not playing if what you care about is gaming the system to increase/preserve rank. Not playing and playing sufficiently weak opponents too often are the same thing, and a rating system fighting rank preservation should penalize both by reducing your rating. I guess this effect would be hidden if you only calculate rating at the end of the day, so there's an argument in favor of that point, I guess.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2013, 11:13:24 am »

I like BA's list. A few more:

* Add an audio alert when you need to do something during your opponent's turn.
* Change the browser tab when action is required on your part, like iso. This makes it possible to play in the background, and while it will never be as good as Iso because the interface is less minimalist, it will help a lot.

Re: Polk5440: I disagree that the Ruins/YW pile issues are not important. The piles that can potentially cause the game to end should all be visible at once. I have no problem with Madmen/Prizes/Spoils being on a second page, but piling out (or missing that the game could end on piles) is something that shouldn't be obscured by flipping between pages.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2013, 12:22:58 pm »

Another problem I have:
Mystic's "name a card" interface is plain dreadful.  It doesn't come up unless you need Shelters or Ruins, but sometimes I just won't even bother.  More people would complain if Shelters appeared in Pro games, I guarantee it.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2013, 03:22:40 pm »

Another problem I have:
Mystic's "name a card" interface is plain dreadful.  It doesn't come up unless you need Shelters or Ruins, but sometimes I just won't even bother.  More people would complain if Shelters appeared in Pro games, I guarantee it.

People would complain about Shelters showing up, but they wouldn't complain at Goko for that. Getting used to Ambassador not being relevant in many games would be a shock to many people's system. Ditto for Baron.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2013, 03:30:51 pm »

No, the interface for picking cards is really bad with shelters and ruins.

If the card is in the supply (or is one of the available non-supply piles, madman/mercenary/spoils), you can just click on the pile. But if you want to name another card, you click on "name another card" which gives you a list of ALL OTHER DOMINION CARDS, sorted alphabetically. So if you want to wish for Hovel, you'll find it in the long list of cards, between Horse Traders and Hunting Party.

It's adequate, since it's not THAT frequent of an occurance to need to wish for a non-supply card (and since it'll work fine, rules-wise, when Black Market is available!) but it's still annoying. People would complain at Goko for that.

As it is, it fell completely off my radar because it's been so long since I had a game with both a wishing card (Wishing Well, Mystic, are those it?) and either shelters or ruins and careful-enough deck tracking that I'd want to wish for a one of those.

It's a more minor issue though, IMO, because usually you don't want to wish for a rare card like that, and so I think lots of other fixes should take priority. Rules-wise, it's perfectly fine as it is, and gameplay-wise, it's a rare situation.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »
+1

I do remember that. I remember a couple times not wishing for the shelter even though I knew the shelter would come up because I was just too lazy to click that box.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »

Re: Polk5440: I disagree that the Ruins/YW pile issues are not important. The piles that can potentially cause the game to end should all be visible at once.

That is a good point.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »

I do remember that. I remember a couple times not wishing for the shelter even though I knew the shelter would come up because I was just too lazy to click that box.

Same here, except instead of being lazy, I was worried it would crash the browser by loading all the card images. That used to happen and I have no idea if they fixed it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 20 queries.