Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Two Rooms and a Boom - Mafia/Resistance like game for 10+, gauging interest  (Read 4132 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile

This one's probably gonna be a long shot... while the game does work with fewer, we'd really want at least 10, and more like 16ish, as best I can tell. But whatever. If there's fewer people, but sufficiently interested people, then we could try that.

Two Rooms and a Boom is a party game for 6+ people of all ages. Lying encouraged.

In Two Rooms and a Boom, a social deduction, hidden roles game, there are two teams: the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

One advantage is the game needs very little modding wise. We'd just need to pester someone to shuffle cards and deal them, everything else is done in threads and PMs. Player honesty is required however.
The game has some big differences from standard mafia fare. Rounds are intentionally short - 5 minutes or less when playing face to face (we'd probably go for 1 or 2 days real time). Players are allowed to reveal their roles, either privately to another player, or publicly, although it may not always be useful. On top of that, there's no real 'bad guy' team, there's two roughly equally sized teams competing, one aiming to get the bomber and president together, and the other aiming to get them apart. Other roles are possible (and may be used to make things a little more exiting, I dunno).

If you want to see the rules you can check the website: http://tworoomsandaboom.com/.

So, that's a rough description. So... are people interested?

Interest:
Tables
DSell
Galzria
Axxle
Twistedarcher
Jimm...m
Eevee
Robz
Ashersky
sudgy
liopoil
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:31:09 am by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Sounds a little confusing, but pretty interesting. I'd be in.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

Is who's on what team public knowledge?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

This one's probably gonna be a long shot... while the game does work with fewer, we'd really want at least 10, and more like 16ish, as best I can tell. But whatever. If there's fewer people, but sufficiently interested people, then we could try that.

Two Rooms and a Boom is a party game for 6+ people of all ages. Lying encouraged.

In Two Rooms and a Boom, a social deduction, hidden roles game, there are two teams: the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.

One advantage is the game needs very little modding wise. We'd just need to pester someone to shuffle cards and deal them, everything else is done in threads and PMs. Player honesty is required however.
The game has some big differences from standard mafia fare. Rounds are intentionally short - 5 minutes or less when playing face to face (we'd probably go for 1 or 2 days real time). Players are allowed to reveal their roles, either privately to another player, or publicly, although it may not always be useful. On top of that, there's no real 'bad guy' team, there's two roughly equally sized teams competing, one aiming to get the bomber and president together, and the other aiming to get them apart. Other roles are possible (and may be used to make things a little more exiting, I dunno).

If you want to see the rules you can check the website: http://tworoomsandaboom.com/.

So, that's a rough description. So... are people interested?

"
How to Play

Ask Alan.
"

>:(
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

I found the rule book.  It's kind of hilarious and/or awesome.

Note: If you still can’t resolve the difference, stop playing the game. You aren’t a good person and shouldn’t be playing with others.

Note: Knowing what “consensual” means is important both in gaming and life.

Note: Knowing what “consensual” means is important both in gaming and life. We said this twice because it’s very important.

Blind
pro: works well with players that aren’t assholes. It probably wouldn’t work well with you.
con: requires some coordination. Designers are not responsible for injuries during play.

Gorgon
pro: get to make jokes about being “stoned” a lot.

Intern - you win if you are in the same room as the President at the end of the game. You know what I’m talkin’ about.

Mime - do your best to not make any noise. Seriously, shut up. You’re bothering everyone.

I’m sorry, you’re just too damn delicious.

As interesting as this is, I am not in.  I will spectate though.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

It's kind of hilarious and/or awesome.
Works well with players who aren't assholes... It probably wouldn't work well with you
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Works well with players who aren't assholes... It probably wouldn't work well with you

Are you insulting me here? :(

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Are you insulting me here? :(
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

eHal's rules clippings have me interested enough to try it at least once.

/in
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

/in

finally got to the end and noticed there are recommended setups.  I thought it would just be a random of all the roles and thought it'd be crazy difficult to keep track of it.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Am I gonna have to read all the rules? Ain't nobody got time for that.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Am I gonna have to read all the rules? Ain't nobody got time for that.

It's like Mafia except there are two teams of the same size and pretty much nobody knows who anyone else is at the start.  Players are split into two separate rooms.  As the game progresses, players will switch rooms and discover what other people are.  At the end of the game, the Blue team wants their President to be alive while the Red team wants him to be dead (probably by having their Bomber be in the same room as the President).

There are a whole bunch of different special roles that give players special abilities, extra win conditions (or lose conditions).  So it could be role madness.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile

I'd play this

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

Yeah okay okay /in.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

havent read but in if it's sinple enough & if being simple and bad doesn't ruin it for others

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

/in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

read the thread, def in

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

/in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

How are we doing seperate rooms? Qt for each phase?  And how about talking to specific players?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile

How are we doing seperate rooms? Qt for each phase?  And how about talking to specific players?

Talking to specific players is easy, PMs.

As for me being in, I've been thinking about it but am not sure...  I'll be in if you need me and maybe if you don't.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

As for me being in, I've been thinking about it but am not sure...  I'll be in if you need me and maybe if you don't.
with pms you lose a sense of who's talking to who that you'd get from irl... but i guess thatd be fine?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

with pms you lose a sense of who's talking to who that you'd get from irl... but i guess thatd be fine?

Have it initiate in thread with a "hey, I want to talk to you".

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile

I'll deal out the cards for you if you want
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

/in

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile

Just read soem more of the rules.

You would need 2 seperate QT's for each round. And then just a controlling thread in here.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.