Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Goko UI makes me want to...  (Read 20986 times)

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: Goko UI makes me want to...
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 02:38:21 pm »

onigame (how is that guy an authority anyway)

he's one of their investors

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 02:43:01 pm »

onigame (how is that guy an authority anyway)

he's one of their investors
Correct; also he worked on Race and is working with them on online Race.

I can complain to them directly about Shelters, and that does push things a little.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 02:44:42 pm »

There are lots of other people who invested complaining, though they might have invested less.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 02:47:30 pm »

There are lots of other people who invested complaining, though they might have invested less.
You are just having fun with words, but to clarify, it's not just that onigame is an investor; it's that, due to some combination of that and wanting the best for Race, he has been going in to their offices in person and doing work.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »

Yeah, I knew what you meant.
Still I think Goko should just believe their users if they tell them that their game is bugged.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 02:52:50 pm »

Oh I'd also want to play Innovation, but I think I'm really bad at it.

Like, really bad.

TheSadPanda

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 02:58:14 pm »

Hit me up next time on ISO DonDon, Innovation is pretty easy actually, there are a few basics u have to understand and you would be pro in no time...

And I agree w Eliegel34, the competition & community are some of my fav things I will miss on ISO...there are about I dont know, 20 guys I play alot, just based of the level they are I guess and I truly enjoy winning or losing against them, their high level of skill and the chats...etc.

Maybe I can find that again on GoKo...but for now, ill be playing Empire and Innovation I think.

TSP
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:59:32 pm by TheSadPanda »

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »

I feel like I played about half of my 700 games on Goko against the same guy (though it's probably a lot less), so such a thing is definitely possible on goko as well.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 03:23:42 pm »

Still I think Goko should just believe their users if they tell them that their game is bugged.

I can't find where on GetSatisfaction they say Shelters are working as intended. I have noticed that bug fixes have pretty much stopped since we lost Trisha (and Tanya?).

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 03:46:09 pm »
+1

Just played a game on Goko and I sympathize with the OP.

The UI is pretty horrible, I would just wish there would be an option to play with a "pro" lightweight theme, like Iso's text mode. When I play on the internet, I just want a fast game to kill some time. It takes me forever to firstly find a game and secondly to play it.

I mean, I know I take this game too seriously and the loss of Iso would just mean I get to do something else with my time instead of playing Dominion. I for one will not switch to Goko.

Now I don't want to go hating on Goko since they clearly didn't have the "professionals" as their main target group, but more likely casual players who like Bejeweled, Fishdom and those sorts of microtransaction pits. I don't blame them for what they've done with the license, they're just catering to the largest group and/or the one that makes the most money. I'm just sad that because its existence it will be the only place to play online. It seems like they're genuinely listening to suggestions and trying to make what they have started with work for as many people as they can so kudos to them. Just not my cup of tea.

Oh well, time to find some real life friends again.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 04:26:32 pm »
+1

Hit me up next time on ISO DonDon, Innovation is pretty easy actually, there are a few basics u have to understand and you would be pro in no time...

I'll consider your offer; in the meantime though I'm going to retain my amateur status because I just know that my friends won't play with me otherwise.

Obi Wan Bonogi

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +344
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »

I love this game too much not to give Goko another chance(I last played it very early in its implementation).   However, everything I am (still)reading about it is fairly disconcerting. 

The idea of UI customization sounds great(Are they planning on this? Seems like a total no-brainer if they want to retain players).

Oh well, they are about to get their big spike in players they have had endless opportunity to prepare for, let's see what they do with it.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 04:55:31 pm »
+1

Like, really bad.

my last few days of obsessing over innovation, it's sort of like Dominion, except
1. it's even less wise to ragequit when losing early because sometimes there is anti-snowball
2. horse traders is really overrated as a counter to minion; a minion deck with sufficient villages will benefit from horse traders

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 05:11:28 pm »

I play on Goko. I am heading over there now for a game.

UI improvements seem to still be occurring. I have been playing on Goko the last two weeks and since then, a UI improvement has been made for scheme/scavenger, etc -- you can scroll/"fan" through the discard pile at the appropriate times, so it makes it much easier to see what you are clicking on when you have a ton of cards.

Reading way between the lines, it seems overhauls on some cards/interfaces are coming later when the on-gain, would-gain, when-buy, etc. stuff is completely resolved for Guilds (e.g. buttons for watchtower).

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »

I can't find where on GetSatisfaction they say Shelters are working as intended. I have noticed that bug fixes have pretty much stopped since we lost Trisha (and Tanya?).

I think this is the topic where they basically say they have it working correctly, look for 'Kevin(Employee)'s post:
https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/can_duplicate_colony_platinum_option

Also here; https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/single_player_games_never_use_shelters
where despite us telling him his previous info was incorrect, he continues to cite it.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »
+5

Quote from: Kevin (employee)
If a player has purchased all sets, say there about 180 cards to choose from randomly. What are the odds of 50/50 chance of having colonies? In a 10 card game that will require 5 prosperity cards, it is about
(25/180)^5*(155/180)^5* (10!/(5!5!)) = 0.006
About 6 games in 1000 will have a 50/50 chance of colonies and platinums, if I got the math about right. Only 1/2 of these games will have platinum and colonies, or about 3 in 1000.

My word.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 05:25:58 pm »

Seriously that train of thought is strange: 0.6% of games have a 50% chance of having colonies, so 0.3% actually have them. WTF?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2114
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »

If a player has purchased all sets, say there about 180 cards to choose from randomly. What are the odds of 50/50 chance of having colonies? In a 10 card game that will require 5 prosperity cards, it is about
About 6 games in 1000 will have a 50/50 chance of colonies and platinums, if I got the math about right. Only 1/2 of these games will have platinum and colonies, or about 3 in 1000.

My word.

My prob/stat is a little rusty, but isn't that calculation only the odds of having exactly 5 Prosperity cards in your 10-card kingdom chosen from a pool of 180 cards? Or is it not even that, and just nonsense?
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 05:38:26 pm »

That's what makes it so ridiculous.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 05:40:18 pm »
+2

My word.

My prob/stat is a little rusty, but isn't that calculation only the odds of having exactly 5 Prosperity cards in your 10-card kingdom chosen from a pool of 180 cards? Or is it not even that, and just nonsense?
It's approximately that: it's the probability that of 10 coins with heads probability 25/180, exactly 5 come up heads, which won't be too far off the probability that there are exactly 5 Prosperity cards.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »
+3

Rolled 1d1000 : 513, total 513

It's greater than 6, looks like we don't get Shelters.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 05:59:41 pm »

I don't think that's what he thought.

qmech

• Torturer
  • What year is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »
+1

My best guess is this: if half the cards are Prosperity, then we'll have Colonies half the time.  If we don't have many Prosperity cards, then we're less likely to get Colonies, so these cases don't contribute much to the overall probability of Colonies.

The problem of course is that there are far more cases where the probability of Colonies is lower, so they combine to account for most of the times Colonies appear.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 06:32:43 pm »

Like, really bad.

I still don't get what I'm supposed to be doing with Innovation.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 06:57:54 pm »

I think the shelter issue is the biggest one remaining. It's not too difficult to understand either. My 99 cent card picker app can figure out jeez Goko can too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 23 queries.