Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: The Future of Isotropic  (Read 49612 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Isotropic
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Isotropic Dominion carries on as the primary playtesting system for new dominion development.  The fact that Guilds has been implemented in Isotropic suggests that they are using it for playtesting.  So, if you really like isotropic, try to get to be a playtester!

Guilds was play tested aaaages ago. There is no more dominion development planned that we are aware of, and if they are it will probably be play tested on Goko officially from now on.

I would love to playtest a new Dominion expansion.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 11:43:22 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Isotropic Dominion carries on as the primary playtesting system for new dominion development.  The fact that Guilds has been implemented in Isotropic suggests that they are using it for playtesting.  So, if you really like isotropic, try to get to be a playtester!

Guilds was play tested aaaages ago. There is no more dominion development planned that we are aware of, and if they are it will probably be play tested on Goko officially from now on.

I seriously doubt that.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 11:44:25 am »

I seriously doubt that.

Indeed, I'd be exceedingly surprised if Goko became their testing platform.  I also doubt there will be more cards playtested.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Sade

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:00 pm »
+2

That is...

Wero, this line is completely uncalled for.  >:(

1) I never said I meant any of you on here
2) That was to clarify so none of you thought I was racist or something

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 12:14:34 pm »

I never said I wasn't hateful.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:39 pm »

There's no need to be hateful though.  Nothing wrong with being straight, being a virgin, having a different idea of what a fulfilling life is, or having a different sense of humour than you.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 01:05:16 pm »

There's no need to be hateful though.  Nothing wrong with being straight, being a virgin, having a different idea of what a fulfilling life is, or having a different sense of humour than you.

There's nothing wrong with any of those things.  But there's a certain personality of nerd that has those qualities that I just do not find enjoyable being around.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2013, 01:25:58 pm »

There's nothing wrong with any of those things.  But there's a certain personality of nerd that has those qualities that I just do not find enjoyable being around.
And nothing to be gained by complaining about them? I mean, I could certainly complain about how you are very annoying to me, but that doesn't help anything.

I'm also amused as to why you think being racist is different from the hatefulness you're displaying here. Why do you feel okay being one and not the other?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:29 pm »

And nothing to be gained by complaining about them? I mean, I could certainly complain about how you are very annoying to me, but that doesn't help anything.

I'm also amused as to why you think being racist is different from the hatefulness you're displaying here. Why do you feel okay being one and not the other?
It was relevant, because that was the reason why he wouldn't want to play Innovation with those guys. If you don't want to play Innovation with werothegreat because you think he is very annoying and someone asks you why you're not playing Innovation with him, would you just stay silent?

Racism is treating an entire group of people differently from others because of prejudices, hating individuals because of personal experience is very much different.

I'm an annoying straight virgin with no live who has already heard all the good jokes, but one doesn't have to take everything so personally.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:59:09 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jackalmonkey

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2013, 02:57:18 pm »

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin, a nerd, or a geek - there's nothing wrong with being stuck in arrested development, having bad body odor or a lack of basic social skills, dressing poorly, or being on the spectrum (what a many-hued term!).

Nope, nothing wrong with any of these qualities, just as there's nothing wrong with wanting to avoid people who exhibit these qualities, or articulating that desire on an internet forum. It is genuinely harder to be around some people than others, and that's no one's fault.

In any case, it's really too bad we're losing our best virtual means of playing Dominion, because it's truly hard to find people that are 1) good to hang out with and 2) good players. My LGS tends to be a pretty wretched place (please see above) and the friends with whom I game regularly are such casual players that the matches just aren't as interesting as they are with 15+ ranked players on Isotropic. It's a shame.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2013, 03:19:12 pm »
+1

We all have people we don't like to associate with.  But I find that generally, the person who is most "discerning" about the types of people he/she will hang out with, can sometimes also be one of the least pleasant.  There are a lot of unpleasant people in our hobby, but being so dismissive towards other gamers only makes it worse.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2013, 03:23:14 pm »
+1

I only hang out with people, aged 21-35, brown hair, no facial hair, at least one green eye, who don't like Mayonnaise and have a penchant for Exclamation marks and ellipses (but not other punctuation...) and are able to tell the colour of a Bic Biro just by the taste.

Does that make me a bad person?
If not, how about the savings fund I embezzled?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 03:26:17 pm »
+2

I only hang out with people, aged 21-35, brown hair, no facial hair, at least one green eye, who don't like Mayonnaise and have a penchant for Exclamation marks and ellipses (but not other punctuation...) and are able to tell the colour of a Bic Biro just by the taste.

Does that make me a bad person?
If not, how about the savings fund I embezzled?

...!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:36 pm »

What are your thoughts on Mayonnaise?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2013, 03:29:29 pm »
+1

What are your thoughts on Mayonnaise?

Not a fan!

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:50 pm »

Some people here make it sound like we're at a funeral mourning Dominion's death.

For all we know, the transition to Goko could spell the beginning of the death of Dominion, as many elite players have expressed that they no longer wish to continue playing. Or it could be the opposite. I'm inclined to believe that it will more likely be the latter, but that is all contingent on Goko continuing to display a shred of competence as a company.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 07:22:12 pm »
+1

Some people here make it sound like we're at a funeral mourning Dominion's death.

For all we know, the transition to Goko could spell the beginning of the death of Dominion, as many elite players have expressed that they no longer wish to continue playing. Or it could be the opposite. I'm inclined to believe that it will more likely be the latter, but that is all contingent on Goko continuing to display a shred of competence as a company.

It'll probably spell the end of Dominion as the elite know it, and possily herald in a new dawn of *shudder* 'casual' play!

Im not quite sure how the unwashed masses cope without knowing exactly how many Smithys they should buy before greening and the like, but some how they get by just fine!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:12 pm »

I guess that will make me the elite.  I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who would not be comfortable with that happening.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2013, 07:50:54 pm »

I guess that will make me the elite.  I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who would not be comfortable with that happening.
You're humble, too!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2013, 07:53:20 pm »
+3

Sorry, but I only recognise one form of elite

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2013, 07:58:13 pm »

You're humble, too!

It's meant to incite you to play on Goko so you can keep me in my place.  :P

Why does no one ever get the intent of what I'm saying on here?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:05:25 pm by werothegreat »

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2013, 08:07:52 pm »
+1

Imagine!  "Non-elite" Dominion!  I shudder to think how our escutcheon might be blemished by the presence of these unwashed masses.

I don't think dondon's comment actually meant to be elitist, but maybe it got interpreted that way?  In any event I think the skill on Goko is around the same as on Iso, controlling for population size (i.e., fewer extreme highs and extreme lows in a smaller sample).

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2013, 08:13:31 pm »
+1

Imagine!  "Non-elite" Dominion!  I shudder to think how our escutcheon might be blemished by the presence of these unwashed masses.

I don't think dondon's comment actually meant to be elitist, but maybe it got interpreted that way?  In any event I think the skill on Goko is around the same as on Iso, controlling for population size (i.e., fewer extreme highs and extreme lows in a smaller sample).

Naaah, i only interpreted it that way on purpose so that a few posts later i could post the screenshot!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »

I think the skill level on Goko is a bit lower than on Iso. That might have to do with lots of experienced players still playing on iso. There are some people whose iso level i'd estimate to 40+ there who never played on Iso though.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

You're humble, too!

It's meant to incite you to play on Goko so you can keep me in my place.  :P

Why does no one ever get the intent of what I'm saying on here?
You know, I apologize. I mis-read the second part of your comment as saying "I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who would not be comfortable with that happening." That 'not' makes a big difference.

Edit: I have absolutely no interest in 'putting you in your place'. I'm more than happy to have large numbers of people pass me in Dominion skill. It's a game - it's about having fun.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:41:17 pm by WanderingWinder »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.