Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Favorite Pixar Movies?  (Read 14175 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10764
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Pixar Movies?
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 12:10:34 pm »
+1

As others have said, can't choose between Up and Toy Story 3. I voted Up because as of now I've only seen Toy Story 3 once.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »
+1

brave sucked, I was disgusted that it won best animated from the oscars
Might I ask where it lacked for you? It was Pixar's first fairy tale. I don't know how much better they could have done with it.

I was very disappointed with Brave. It's easy for me to say that it's the worst Pixar movie (have seen all except Cars 2). That's not to say it's a terrible movie. The worst Pixar movie isn't saying much... it's still just fine. It's just that the story was so uninspiring and cliche'd. Person is transformed into animal because of someone's selfishness, animal bonds with person again, fixes the spell. It just felt so much like any other basic Disney animated movie. Like you point out, it's a fairy tale. And I've come to expect much more out of Pixar than just a fairy tale.

That said, I loved the Scottish music and scenery.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 01:08:45 pm »

As others have said, can't choose between Up and Toy Story 3. I voted Up because as of now I've only seen Toy Story 3 once.

Thank you. Thank you.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 01:53:58 pm »

What GendoIkari said, to a good extent.  It also wasn't very funny, whereas a Pixar movie like Cars may not be thoughtprovoking or inspiring or emotional it's at least good for a few laughs.  Brave's humor was largely physical comedy iirc, and not good quality stuff either.

A lot of Brave was like, National Geographic channel kind of stuff, where certain scenes or action sequences were taking place because the scottish scenery or the newest way of rendering animals was being tried out, in a couple places it seemed to be more of a tech demo than a movie in this way, because the attention was drawn away from the characters.  I'd say the characters and plot, but I wanted to be drawn away from the plot because it was a dull, cliche plot.

It didn't help that the trailers promoting the movie were borderline dishonest.  Which I guess shouldn't count against the movie itself, but if you saw the movie you probably saw the trailer first and the expectation versus reality rift doesn't improve the experience. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:55:30 pm by popsofctown »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 03:27:25 pm »

whereas a Pixar movie like Cars may not be thoughtprovoking or inspiring or emotional it's at least good for a few laughs.

At the very least the whole scene where she explains how the highway came through and ruined the town that depended on the small road traffic was thought-provoking and inspiring and emotional. I absolutely loved that about Cars, especially given the fact that they were dealing with an actual historical reality in America.

Cars was my favorite Pixar before I saw Up.

Taco Lobster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »

At the very least the whole scene where she explains how the highway came through and ruined the town that depended on the small road traffic was thought-provoking and inspiring and emotional. I absolutely loved that about Cars, especially given the fact that they were dealing with an actual historical reality in America.

My favorite scenes in Pixar movies tend to be the really dark/painful portions in the middle.  Buzz's attempt to fly in the original TS, the scene in Cars above, Jessie being abandoned (wait...that's in TS2, not TS3, as I said earlier), the toys accepting their death in TS3, etc. 

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 04:47:02 pm »
+2

Guess which movie I voted for  ;)
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 06:05:46 pm »

No love for the shorts? Nearly all of them are condensed tenderness mixed with pure beauty.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2013, 04:14:59 am »

Wall-E
Finding Nemo
All the others

I haven't seen TS3, Brave and the Cars movies yet.

And I love the short films, they are great.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.