Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rules question: Does Electricity/Canning happen at once or in order?  (Read 2761 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6119
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy

Isotropic doesn't allow you to choose the order in which to resolve Electricity or Canning.  But the order might matter for claiming special achievements like Empire (i.e., momentarily having 3 of every symbol before returning a subsequent card).

I suspect that you should be able to choose which cards to remove and at what point, and you should be able to claim Special Achievements in the middle of those dogmas.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6119
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Rules question: Does Electricity/Canning happen at once or in order?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:24 am »

This question gets more interesting with Skyscrapers: are those cards returned one by one or all at once?  Can you claim Empire while being Skyscrapered?

What about Fission?  Genetics?  Engineering? 

Presumably you can for Translation/Encyclopedia.  So what about these?

eyhung

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »

My impression is that returning multiple cards is atomic for purposes of computing special achievements.  But I could be wrong.  Is there an official ruling?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

Surely Electricity is ordered, because the cards need to hit the bottom of their decks in a specific order.  And thus, since there is no limbo space between being on the board and being on the bottom of the deck, Electricity at the least must allow for individual removal and temporary Empire.

I agree with theory's interpretation, I think cards are supposed to be moved one at a time.  Even for Skyscrapers.

To add a rules question of my own, should Mass Media be able to return all elevens from all score piles?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:21:27 pm by popsofctown »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.