Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reconnecting?  (Read 1866 times)

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
Reconnecting?
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:32:16 pm »

I was ready to shell out for all the sets when I read there was a reconnect feature, but I was skeptical and wanted to make sure it actually existed first. 

I played a multiplayer game against myself logged into another account on a different browser (although on the same computer), and used Task Manager to shut down one of the browsers.  I made a play in the active browser (Firefox), then started the other browser (Chrome) back up and restored the webpage I was at, but I was no longer logged in to Goko in Chrome.  Logging in to the same account on Chrome failed to put me back into the game.  I could go into the lobby on Chrome and see the game I was in still continuing on the server.  Firefox still showed the game running just fine as well.  I tried clicking in all sorts of places in the lobby's display of the game, but could not get Chrome to get back into the game it had been playing with Firefox.

If I'm logged into an account that I can see Goko saying is actively playing a game, and can see that that game is still being played on the other end, and there supposedly is a reconnect feature, how come I couldn't reconnect?

I've also tried other things involving unplugging my internet connection, and in all cases I have found myself unable to reconnect.  Much of the time I even am forced to log back into Goko even though when I close my browser normally I don't have to.

Stop reading my signature.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Reconnecting?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:54:49 pm »
+5

The way reconnect on Goko works is if your Internet connection stops respondng, it reconnects. If you shut out of the browser, you can't actually get back into it. I don't think Goko really understood what people meant when they said they would like to reconnect. lol

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
Re: Reconnecting?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:25:53 pm »
+2

Well, unplugging my internet connection, making a play in game, and plugging my internet connection back in leads to a game that hangs.  Sure, if I don't do anything while my connection is unplugged it'll reconnect, but that's not very useful.
Stop reading my signature.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.