Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Stars  (Read 6521 times)

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Stars
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:09 pm »

Any rhyme or reason to the 1-3 stars they give out per game? I got all 8 provinces one game and won by about 50 points and only got 2 stars. Maybe it was because I used zaps? Not that it matters, but anyone figure out the criteria for 1, 2, and 3 stars?
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Stars
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:44:13 pm »
+1

Any rhyme or reason to the 1-3 stars they give out per game? I got all 8 provinces one game and won by about 50 points and only got 2 stars. Maybe it was because I used zaps? Not that it matters, but anyone figure out the criteria for 1, 2, and 3 stars?
It's your score and varies by level. They know it's bad. Dunno when it will change. Don't think zaps factor into it.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:03:45 pm »

lol ok thanks :)
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 03:10:01 pm »

Yeah, right now it's pretty trivial to hit three stars on the Goons boards, while more or less impossible on some straight BM boards.
Well you *do* need a signature...

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:39 pm »

Unless you use a billion zaps per game starting yourself with 7 gold and 3 provinces... It totally screws up the game... imho
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:53 pm »

I don't think you can zap past Silver and Duchy.
Well you *do* need a signature...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »

Yeah, I've been trying to get 3 stars on the very first level of the very first campaign... even with all 8 Provinces and a few Duchies; only 2 stars.

And just now finished it with all the Provinces, all the Duchies, and a total of 10 Estates. Still 2 stars. So yeah, it's impossible.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:32:03 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »

Yeah, I've been trying to get 3 stars on the very first level of the very first campaign... even with all 8 Provinces and a few Duchies; only 2 stars.

And just now finished it with all the Provinces, all the Duchies, and a total of 10 Estates. Still 2 stars. So yeah, it's impossible.

I think number of turns taken matters.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »

Yeah, right now it's pretty trivial to hit three stars on the Goons boards, while more or less impossible on some straight BM boards.

I can attest to this.  Played the first Goons game in Bigger and Better, got 170ish points, and got 3 stars for the first time in that campaign.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 02:27:24 pm »
+1

I think zaps used factor in according to some getsatisfaction thread.

My advice: Stop caring.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »

I secnd the stop caring about stars advice

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »
+3

But the 2 stars is sitting there on the screen mocking me! And even if I close my browser, I still know that they're there. Laughing, mocking, plotting against me....
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »
+2

But the 2 stars is sitting there on the screen mocking me! And even if I close my browser, I still know that they're there. Laughing, mocking, plotting against me....
Yeah, it's fine if you don't care about the stars, and that's a good move atm, but it would still be better to have 3 stars be achievable and available as a goal for the people who like that kind of thing.

For the moment I recommend Bigger and Better, I got 3 stars on all but one level with no extra zaps. I expect the main set campaign to be fixed soon, it was supposed to be fixed today but the change didn't go up. Being fixed means 7 Coppers 3 Estates on both sides, 0 Zaps, and better sets of 10, although some intended features will still be missing (special levels and sprinkling in non-main-set cards).

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:11 am »

I was just thinking about this.  It frustrates me that when aiming for a 3-star win, I'm sometimes deciding to pick all-or-nothing strategies, instead of simply picking up provinces at regular pace, and cruising in for an easy win.

What if earning stars was only tied to winning.  You could have a system where you gain 1 star for winning the match, 2 stars if you win 2 in a row, and to get three stars, you have to beat the computer 3 times in a row on the same board.  A longer streak might work as well for a requirement, but i could see this becoming unnecessarily tedious.

If I can beat the bot consistently on a board, even if it's only 15-40 every time, then that feels like I should be "3-stars good (tm)" on that board.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 04:15:37 am »

I was just thinking about this.  It frustrates me that when aiming for a 3-star win, I'm sometimes deciding to pick all-or-nothing strategies, instead of simply picking up provinces at regular pace, and cruising in for an easy win.
It frustrates me that you tend to only get 1 star if you play a very technical kingdom, winning by three-piling quickly by only a province (while your opponent had no chance to even get close to that). It takes skill to pull off something like that, but right now you pretty much have to buy out almost all the provinces and duchies to get those 3 stars. Or play alt VP. On base all my 3 star games are with gardens lol
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.