Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: band of misfits as a hermit  (Read 1143 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
band of misfits as a hermit
« on: March 02, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »

if I play band of misfits as a hermit, I gain a madman (this is clear from FAQ for band of misfits). Do I trash the band of misfits? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. However, argument for yes: hermit says "trash this." at the point in time when band of misfits is being discarded from play "this" no longer refers to BoM (because BoM no longer is hermit) and so what is there to trash?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: band of misfits as a hermit
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:03:30 pm »
+1

if I play band of misfits as a hermit, I gain a madman (this is clear from FAQ for band of misfits). Do I trash the band of misfits? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. However, argument for yes: hermit says "trash this." at the point in time when band of misfits is being discarded from play "this" no longer refers to BoM (because BoM no longer is hermit) and so what is there to trash?
You trash Band. When it leaves play it stops being a Hermit, but the Hermit ability doesn't check to make sure the card still has the same name or what have you.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: band of misfits as a hermit
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 02:10:43 pm »

thanks! i just noticed that my "yes" and "no" in the question are backwards, which probably makes the question even more confusing, but I understand the answer.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.