Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KC-KC-Remake-Remake... Fortress  (Read 1872 times)

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
KC-KC-Remake-Remake... Fortress
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »
+8

with Duke Duchy.

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130228/log.51265786e4b0920d7cbf7d58.1362088464794.txt

I set this game up to try out with a bot, but someone joined the game. It probably worked better.  I'm not sure if the bot would see this.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: KC-KC-Remake-Remake... Fortress
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 05:27:07 pm »

Nice.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:08 pm »
+1

Good lord
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

papaHav

• Navigator
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

Sounds like you need scheme in there

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:01:11 pm »
+1

Rather than go for the mega-turn, you could also go for the semi-mega turn and go Fortress/Bishop Golden deck style.  A deck consisting of X + 1 Fortress and X Remake can gain 2X Duchy/Duke.  Obviously once you get that once, you probably won't get it again due to the added green.  But in a Duchy/Duke race, after that initial plunge getting a single Remake/Fortress is another 2 Duchies/Dukes.  That is nothing to scoff at.  I'd imagine in a game where both players are vying for them, you would want to set up your deck to get them faster and more consistently rather than all in one fell swoop. If you wait too long your opponent could easily win the Duchy split rendering you helpless.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:02:28 pm by shark_bait »
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »

But in a Duchy/Duke race, after that initial plunge getting a single Remake/Fortress is another 2 Duchies/Dukes.

Don't you need 2 Fortresses and a Remake to get 2 Duchies? I thought the ruling was that you select all cards for trashing then trash them and resolve the effects. Or is Remake considered 2 separate trashing events because of the "do this twice" line?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »

But in a Duchy/Duke race, after that initial plunge getting a single Remake/Fortress is another 2 Duchies/Dukes.

Don't you need 2 Fortresses and a Remake to get 2 Duchies? I thought the ruling was that you select all cards for trashing then trash them and resolve the effects. Or is Remake considered 2 separate trashing events because of the "do this twice" line?

The latter, yep.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 12:51:00 pm »

Hmmm... good question. 

Remake - Do this twice: Trash a card from your hand; gain a card costing exactly $1 more than the trashed card.

Based on that, I would say that the first trash (and subsequent Fortress interaction) is resolved before the second trash meaning you can trash the same Fortress twice.

Edit:  Ninja'd but brute forced it through anyways!
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »

Already been answered, but just to back it up, Remake definitely lets you trash the same Fortress twice. If it instead said "trash 2 cards from your hand" it probably wouldn't. But the wording on Remake is identical to:

Trash a card from your hand...
Trash a card from your hand...

Also, see this puzzle where this matters: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6359.0
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.