Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Opponent quitting/force resign  (Read 3204 times)

andwilk

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +152
    • View Profile
Opponent quitting/force resign
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:39:27 am »

If my opponent "quits", why don't I get a rating increase?  And where is the sorely needed "force resign" button?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Opponent quitting/force resign
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:09:55 am »
+1

Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:26:16 pm »
+2

Ugh:
You'll notice there's already a "Quit %" associated with every player although it is "0%" right now. We're going to start having people's quit behavior negatively impact their rating and have the Quit % for each player show up informationally in the meeting room so you can tell who you're dealing with.
Please no. This has been tried in other games before. It doesn't work. Please just make disconnects equal losses.

(The reason it doesn't work is that if in any way the penalty for disconnecting is different from the penalty for losing, there can be some advantage to disconnecting instead of resigning, unless disconnecting is penalized MORE than losing, which is terrible for people with bad connections.)

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:40:49 pm »

I played a game the other day where my opponent had to be AFK for 5 minutes. From what I could tell, he never came back but after about 5-7 minutes (I didn't keep exact time) the game ended and I got the message that my opponent had left the game. I still didn't get the rank increase, but I wonder if this is their first step toward eliminating inactive players.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.