Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chapel / Explorer opening  (Read 1839 times)

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Chapel / Explorer opening
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:16:03 pm »

I've tried this recently with the idea to push my buying power really fast and - due to a very thin deck - combine Gold gains with Province buys (sort of a reverse Hoard). It worked, however, I'm not sure how strong this is in general.

Here's the game:
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110918-034835-df77b38a.html

EDIT: Now that I look through the log again... damn, did I get good draws in this game...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:20:14 pm by kn1tt3r »

Anchen

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel / Explorer opening
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:48:18 pm »

Didn't see anything exceptionally unlucky in your draws really, you even had a few collisions early on your chapel/explorer.  It seems like a reasonable strategy that mitigates some of the issues with chapel in province games where when you start greening your deck chokes.  For a 5/2 start I think it was a good opening, I don't see anything better in the kingdom really for the opening.  He probably had a better shot if he opened swindler instead of silver though.

EDIT:  Sorry meant didn't see anything exceptionally lucky in your draws (since you mentioned feeling lucky, I didn't really see it)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:09:00 pm by Anchen »

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel / Explorer opening
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:06:31 pm »

Yes, using an explorer to refill the deck after trashing rubbish with the chapel is a good use of both cards. This set might be a bit more complicated though once swindlers are considered.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.