Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Conspirator with great $5 nonterminals, Tunnel with lots of support  (Read 878 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201302/19/game-20130219-114326-c3f8c9fd.html

cards in supply: Cellar, Conspirator, Duke, Governor, Haggler, Minion, Oracle, Pirate Ship, Stables, and Tunnel

No fast trashing, no +Buy, no +2 Actions, but still lots of possibilities. The key ones I think are
  • Minion/Conspirator with Cellar
  • Tunnel with Minion, Cellar, maybe Oracle, probably a Governor too
  • Stables/Conspirator with Cellar
  • Standard Governor with Haggler, Cellar support
  • Some sort of Governor(cards)/Conspirator engine which uses a single Minion as a discard attack
Various hybrids are probably possible too.

In the game I played, I went for the first strategy, and my opponent went for the second. I won that one, but what I'm wondering is: Could a Governor strategy use the Silver-passing as a pseudo-attack to mess up the Minion/Conspirator chain?

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Conspirator with great $5 nonterminals, Tunnel with lots of support
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:20:04 pm »

Governor/minion seems devastating here for 1p.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Conspirator with great $5 nonterminals, Tunnel with lots of support
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:27:47 pm »

If there's Tunnel but no +buy, I would be tempted to go for a drawing engine with Stables and Cellar as the main pieces and a couple of Governors purely to remodel Copper -> Cellar, Silver -> Stables/Governor (especially if opponent uses Governor for Gold), and Gold -> Province. A couple of Conspirators could be good as non-terminal cash but I'd suspect that most of the economy comes from Golds and the points from Gold -> Province remodels.

Minion has interesting interactions and can be played at the end of a turn for discard after you've finished using your Governors. This sort of combo does seem a little weak without +buy though and you absolutely need to leverage multi-Province turns to win in this kingdom.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.