Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Ironworks/Highway with Duke, Ambassador, Alchemist, Young Witch  (Read 826 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Ironworks/Highway with Duke, Ambassador, Alchemist, Young Witch
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:08:37 am »

cards in supply: Alchemist, Ambassador, Chancellor, Duke, Fortune Teller, Ghost Ship, Haven♦, Highway, Ironworks, Potion, Stash, and Young Witch

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201302/17/game-20130217-220222-dd05b99c.html

An odd game. We both opened IW/Amb and got a second Amb on the first shuffle. I spammed IW/Highway, she went for Alchemists. My superior gaining ability let me control the endgame, and I ended up 3-piling on actions to win with 4 Duchies and 0 Dukes.

As usual, not losing the Ambassador war was crucial, and we came out about even on that front. I think Alchemist was definitely a mistake for her. A mirror IW/Highway/Duchy match would have been crazy. What's weird is that Dukes will probably never come into play, because the game will 3-pile by the time anyone gets more than 3 Duchies. And I don't think a Province-based strategy is viable.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Ironworks/Highway with Duke, Ambassador, Alchemist, Young Witch
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:44:48 am »

I don't think that Alchemist in general is a mistake in this kingdom. You hit $5 for a Highway a shuffle earlier than your opponent and that more or less decided the game because IW/Highway collisions tend to snowball.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 21 queries.