Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Infinity  (Read 4589 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Infinity
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:26 am »

Is there a way to go on forever gaining and drawing cards? Assume an infinite supply. Something with IW, KC, Nobles maybe?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:52:32 am »
+1

Is there a way to go on forever gaining and drawing cards? Assume an infinite supply. Something with IW, KC, Nobles maybe?
Watchtower in hand, Bridge(x7)-||:KC-KC-IW(KCKCIW)-IW(IWNoblesX)-Nobles:||

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:07:56 am »

Cool. And there doesnt necessarily have to be seven Bridges in play. Also, is there one that gives a small benefit each time?

EDIT: Benefit meaning like a vanilla +card/buy/$$$ benefit.
EDIT2: Oh, I guess IW could give you that…
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:09:50 am by Morgrim7 »

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:24:34 am »

Cool. And there doesnt necessarily have to be seven Bridges in play. Also, is there one that gives a small benefit each time?

EDIT: Benefit meaning like a vanilla +card/buy/$$$ benefit.
EDIT2: Oh, I guess IW could give you that…
Yepp, X can be Colony with seven Bridges

unlinked

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:03 am »
+3

If you Procession and Ironworks and gain a Procession and an Ironwork, top-decking with Watchtower.  When you trash the Ironworks and gain a Cultist using the Watchtower to trash it you would draw 3 cards and repeat for ever with an infinite supply.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »

Now I'm trying to work out just how quickly someone could draw the hand of Procession, Ironworks, Watchtower to empty 3 piles and end the game. Can it be done on turn 3?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:34:35 pm »

Highway, Highway, Highway, KC, KC, Armory (gain KC, Armory, Smithy), Smithy, KC, Armory (gain KC, Armory, Smithy), Smithy, KC, Armory (gain KC, Armory, Smithy), Smithy, KC, Armory (gain KC, Armory, Smithy), Smithy, ...
Well you *do* need a signature...

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »

This was a puzzle a while back and someone had a cool solution involving Black Market-HOP shenanigans that didn't require KC or DA on trash benefits.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:03:59 pm »
+1

Using the Nomad Camp/ Watchtower&Hamlet opening I can empty 3 piles and buy a single Province on Turn 4. I can't find a way to make it work on Turn 3 yet.

1. [Draw: CCCCE] Buy NomadCamp(4)
2. [Draw: NcCCCE] Play NomadCamp, Buy Watchtower(3), Hamlet(2)
3. [Draw: E…]
-shuffle-
3. [Draw: …HWtNcC] Play Hamlet, Draw: C, Discard CE, Play NomadCamp, Play Watchtower, Draw: CCCCC, Buy Procession(4), Buy Ironworks(4)
4. [Draw: EE…]
-shuffle-
4. [Draw: …IwWtPr] Play Procession, Play Ironworks1, Gain Procession, Reveal Watchtower, Topdeck Procession, Play Ironworks2, Gain Ironworks, Reveal Watchtower, Topdeck Ironworks, Trash Ironworks(Pr), Gain Cultist, Reveal Watchtower, Trash Cultist, Draw: IwPrX; (repeat Until Iw, Pr, Cu are empty, Buy VP)

unlinked

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »
+2

If you Procession and Ironworks and gain a Procession and an Ironwork, top-decking with Watchtower.  When you trash the Ironworks and gain a Cultist using the Watchtower to trash it you would draw 3 cards and repeat for ever with an infinite supply.

And just for fun...
Instead of gaining the Cultist gain a Catacombs, reveal Watchtower and trash it, gaining a card less than it, Squire, reveal Watchtower trash it, gain an attack card, Cultist, trash it and draw 3 cards.

I don't know why you would want to do that. But you could.

unlinked

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36:39 pm »

Using the Nomad Camp/ Watchtower&Hamlet opening I can empty 3 piles and buy a single Province on Turn 4. I can't find a way to make it work on Turn 3 yet.

1. [Draw: CCCCE] Buy NomadCamp(4)
2. [Draw: NcCCCE] Play NomadCamp, Buy Watchtower(3), Hamlet(2)
3. [Draw: E…]
-shuffle-
3. [Draw: …HWtNcC] Play Hamlet, Draw: C, Discard CE, Play NomadCamp, Play Watchtower, Draw: CCCCC, Buy Procession(4), Buy Ironworks(4)
4. [Draw: EE…]
-shuffle-
4. [Draw: …IwWtPr] Play Procession, Play Ironworks1, Gain Procession, Reveal Watchtower, Topdeck Procession, Play Ironworks2, Gain Ironworks, Reveal Watchtower, Topdeck Ironworks, Trash Ironworks(Pr), Gain Cultist, Reveal Watchtower, Trash Cultist, Draw: IwPrX; (repeat Until Iw, Pr, Cu are empty, Buy VP)

Only problem is that when you play Ironworks10 and trash it you'll only be gaining Cultist9.  You'll need to buy one to end the game.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 05:04:00 pm »

Are you sure about that? You are trashing Ironworks1 and Cultist1 at nearly the same time. (Procession trashing the first Ironworks, gaining the first Cultist, and trashing that to Watchtower for +3 cards)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 05:08:40 pm »

Even so, each time he works the solution he gets an extra card. He would have plenty enough for a Cultist by then.

Mad, I tell you.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »

And just for fun...
Instead of gaining the Cultist gain a Catacombs, reveal Watchtower and trash it, gaining a card less than it, Squire, reveal Watchtower trash it, gain an attack card, Cultist, trash it and draw 3 cards.

I don't know why you would want to do that. But you could.
That's starting to approach the empty supply in 4 turns thing... Where is that Fan-Made "VP counting trash cards" when you do something like this?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 05:14:49 pm »

If you're up on points and you can.

Mad, I tell you.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 05:23:10 pm »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1741.0, but that was before Dark Ages.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 05:37:31 pm »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1741.0, but that was before Dark Ages.
Thanks, I knew there was something, just couldn't find it.

Mad, I tell you.

unlinked

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 06:17:31 pm »

Are you sure about that? You are trashing Ironworks1 and Cultist1 at nearly the same time. (Procession trashing the first Ironworks, gaining the first Cultist, and trashing that to Watchtower for +3 cards)

Oops, I think you are right. My bad.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 20 queries.