Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XX - Masons and Monks (Game over - Mafia wins!)  (Read 107788 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Mafia XX - Masons and Monks (Game over - Mafia wins!)
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:33:03 pm »

Masons and Monks

Player List

1. Eevee Vanilla Townie
killed Night 2
2. mcmcsalot Vanilla Townie
lynched Day 3
3. Robz888 Werewolf
killed Night 1
4. ashersky Vanilla Townie
endgamed Day 4
5. Qvist Town Mason
killed Night 3
6. jotheonah Vanilla Townie
killed Night 1
7. yuma Mafia Monk Seer
WINNER
8. Archetype Vanilla Townie
lynched Day 1
9. Lekkit Town Mason Detective
endgamed Day 4
10. Insomniac Vanilla Townie
lynched Day 2
11. Grujah raerae Town Monk
killed Night 3
12. EFHW Mafia Goon
WINNER
13. Morgrim7 Werewolf
lynched Day 4

Backup mod: Cuzz

Day starts:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

Base Setup

2 Mafia Goons
2 Werewolves
9 Townies

Mechanics

Daystart
2 players who are not Mafia are randomly selected to be Masons.
2 players who are not Werewolves are randomly selected to be Monks.
Those masonries are allowed to talk together at night.
It is possible for a Mafia Goon to be a Monk, and likewise, a Werewolf to be a Mason.
Mafia cannot have both the Monk roles, and Werewolves cannot have both Mason roles.
One Mason will be randomly selected to be a 1-shot Detective whose result will be Mafia/non-Mafia.
One Monk will be randomly selected to be a 1-shot Seer whose result will be Werewolf/non-Werewolf.
The Detective and the Seer are not necessarily Town-aligned.

Role PMs

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Vanilla Townie.
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town player alive.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Town Mason, along with your Mason partner, [PlayerName].
During each Night Phase you may talk with your partner here: [QuickTopic link].
You know that your partner is not aligned with the Mafia.
You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town player alive.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Town Mason Detective, along with your Mason partner, [PlayerName].
You know that your partner is not aligned with the Mafia.
Once during one Night Phase, you may investigate another player via mod PM to learn whether they are aligned with the Mafia.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Town Monk, along with your Monk partner, [PlayerName].
You know that your partner is not aligned with the Werewolves.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Town Monk Seer, along with your Monk partner, [PlayerName].
You know that your partner is not aligned with the Werewolves.
Once during one Night Phase, you may investigate another player via mod PM to learn whether they are aligned with the Werewolves.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your Mafia partner, [PlayerName].
Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.
You win when the Werewolves are eliminated and you control half the Town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Mafia Monk, along with your Mafia partner, [PlayerName], and your Monk partner, [PlayerName].
During each Night Phase you may talk with your Mafia partner here: [QuickTopic link], and your Monk partner here: [QuickTopic link].
Each Night Phase, one of you or your Mafia partner may perform the factional kill.
You know that your Monk partner is not aligned with the Werewolves.
You win when the Werewolves are eliminated and you control half the Town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Mafia Monk Seer, along with your Mafia partner, [PlayerName], and your Monk partner, [PlayerName].
During each Night Phase you may talk with your Mafia partner here: [QuickTopic link], and your Monk partner here: [QuickTopic link].
Each Night Phase, one of you or your Mafia partner may perform the factional kill.
You know that your Monk partner is not aligned with the Werewolves.
Once during one Night Phase, you may investigate another player via mod PM to learn whether they are aligned with the Werewolves.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Werewolf, along with your Werewolf partner, [PlayerName].
Each Night Phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.
You win when the Mafia is eliminated and you control half the Town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Werewolf Mason, along with your Werewolf partner, [PlayerName], and your Mason partner, [PlayerName].
During each Night Phase you may talk with your Werewolf partner here: [QuickTopic link], and your Mason partner here: [QuickTopic link].
Each Night Phase, one of you or your Werewolf partner may perform the factional kill.
You know that your Monk partner is not aligned with the Mafia.
You win when the Mafia is eliminated and you control half the Town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Welcome, [PlayerName]. You are a Werewolf Mason Detective, along with your Werewolf partner, [PlayerName], and your Mason partner, [PlayerName].
During each Night Phase you may talk with your Werewolf partner here: [QuickTopic link], and your Mason partner here: [QuickTopic link].
Each Night Phase, one of you or your Werewolf partner may perform the factional kill.
You know that your Monk partner is not aligned with the Mafia.
Once during one Night Phase, you may investigate another player via mod PM to learn whether they are aligned with the Mafia.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:14:28 am by Jimmmmm »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XX - Masons and Monks (PM for spectator QT)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:33:36 pm »

Mafia Ruleset (blatantly stolen from Axxle)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members All roles with a quicktopic may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 2 week lynch deadlines and 48-hour night deadlines, extended at my discretion for weekends and holidays.
This game will have NO Day deadlines. Instead, Town will have exactly 6 weeks to win the game, including 48-hour nights. If there is still living scum after six weeks, Town will immediately lose, and one or both of the scum teams will win or draw, depending on which has more living members. If any given night takes significantly longer than 48 hours, time will be added to compensate.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
10. If there are no living players remaining, everyone laments in shared defeat.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
8. No QT links are to be shared with any other player. So for example if a member of the Mafia is also a Monk, he is not allowed to share the Monk QT link with his Mafia partner. Real or fake quoting of players (not mods) from QTs is acceptable.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:34:58 pm »

Thread locked except for /confirm if you're playing or /tag if you're not.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:37:46 pm »

/confirm

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

/tag

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 06:56:34 pm »

/Confirming that I HATE new threads.

There's a "move thread" button at the bottom for a reason!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 07:10:41 pm »

/confirm
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »

Vote: Fuzzers

I mean, confirm.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »

/confirm
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:40 pm »

What are we confirming?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41:44 pm »

that we are playing. /confirm
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »

/confirm

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:54 pm »

confirm and claim town.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:03:42 pm »

/Confirm

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 12:23:02 am »

I want to play...I do not have a role pm. So I confirm nothing. Gimme my damn pm!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 12:25:19 am »

I want to play...I do not have a role pm. So I confirm nothing. Gimme my damn pm!

PMs are just about to be sent. This is just to confirm you're still in, especially since some people originally signed up ages ago.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 12:27:12 am »

PMs are just about to be sent. This is just to confirm you're still in, especially since some people originally signed up ages ago.

Ahh /confirm then!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 12:41:32 am »

PM..................

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:41:53 am »

PM..................
I dont have one...................

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 12:42:23 am »

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Mad, I tell you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:13 am »

confirming being displeased about the lack of pm's received.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:58 am »

confirming being displeased about the lack of pm's received.

But no vote?  Hedging.  Scum tell.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 01:05:56 am »

Vote: send pm's you are all so antitown, at least I have the decency of making my votes productive.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 01:30:03 am »

Thread locked except for /confirm if you're playing or /tag if you're not.

Vote: all of you for failing at following instructions. Expect a PM in the next 20 minutes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.571 seconds with 19 queries.