Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Rabble + Ghost Shop (+ Village, preferably Hamlet/WV)  (Read 1929 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Rabble + Ghost Shop (+ Village, preferably Hamlet/WV)
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:59:16 am »

This seems like an OKish combo. Pretty much if you manage to chain 2x Rabble + Ghost Ship you ruin their next turn, completely. If you manage to repeat it, it's a soft-lock.  ;D

Thoughts?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Rabble + Ghost Shop (+ Village, preferably Hamlet/WV)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:06:33 pm »

This seems like an OKish combo. Pretty much if you manage to chain 2x Rabble + Ghost Ship you ruin their next turn, completely. If you manage to repeat it, it's a soft-lock.  ;D

Thoughts?

Well Ghost Ship doesn't force you to put bad cards on top of your deck... so this would play very differently depending on if you play Rabble first or Ghost Ship first. In fact the strongest would probably be Rabble, then Ghost Ship, then Rabble. This way your opponent would definitely be hurting a lot. I think what you would really want to do is to play KC-KC-Rabble-Ghost Ship-Rabble each turn.

Then again, if you have the sort of deck that is playing that every turn anyway, you've probably won even without slowing doen your opponent. But this does indeed certainly seem like a painful attack.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:06 pm »
+12

Ghost Shop

Action-Attack $4
Gain a card from the supply costing $4 or less. Each other player reveals his hand. If he revealed any copies of the gained card, he puts one on top of his deck.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:20:31 pm »

In a deck with +3 cards and Villages, you are probably playing an engine and thus want an attack, and Ghost Ship is one of the better attacks for that role, even. Especially if Governor or Council Room are involved, but even if they're not. So yeah, it's a pretty nice combo, because all the setup it requires, you would have done anyway.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36:34 pm »

I've done something similar with scrying pool/ghost ship/scrying pool. These attack combinations can work well and you also have rabble/ghost ship/+? that leaves your opponent without clear tactics.

unlinked

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:53:53 am »

Ghost Shop

Action-Attack $4
Gain a card from the supply costing $4 or less. Each other player reveals his hand. If he revealed any copies of the gained card, he puts one on top of his deck.

I need to get me some of that.  :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.