Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Empty the Supply in 4 Turns  (Read 53219 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Empty the Supply in 4 Turns
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:39 am »

Scrying Pool?

I don't see that... of course you would use Squire to gain it, avoiding the Potion step, but still... it adds Potions to the supply, meaning more cards you have to gain, plus I just don't see how it helps that much. I think that all the action cards you gain can be drawn into hand easily enough with Watchtower for top-decking, plus Council Room or Cultist-trashing for draw.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Destierro

• Bishop
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 10:25:16 am »

Ok. So there are some piles the board needs. Haggler, Black Market (Has Young Witch in it, also has a looter), Watchtower, Nomad Camp. Most likely Procession, perhaps Kings Court. There has to be a gainer of some kind, Ironworks or Armory work best, Armory is moot because of Watchtower. Bridge is key, so add that. Catacombs has proven vital in past CC solutions. The hard mode includes a 900 point cap, so Goons as well.

So, so far we have Haggler, Black Market, Watchtower, Nomad Camp, Procession, Ironworks, Catacombs, Bridge, Goons.

That leaves 2 kingdom piles. Lacking above we have KC, some sort of + action(except IW), and that last brilliant card that pulls the solution together.

CC, when are you posting a solution? I can't wait to see what you've come up with

Why would you put a Looter in? That would just add another 10 cards you need to worry about gaining; without any real benefit to the Kingdom. Though I do see how gaining then trashing a Cultist with Watchtower could help.

The looter is for the +buy from ruined market, and with 10 hagglers it isn't hard to empty that pile. In his 5 turn solution he buys 8 ruined markets.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:02 am »

Ok. So there are some piles the board needs. Haggler, Black Market (Has Young Witch in it, also has a looter), Watchtower, Nomad Camp. Most likely Procession, perhaps Kings Court. There has to be a gainer of some kind, Ironworks or Armory work best, Armory is moot because of Watchtower. Bridge is key, so add that. Catacombs has proven vital in past CC solutions. The hard mode includes a 900 point cap, so Goons as well.

So, so far we have Haggler, Black Market, Watchtower, Nomad Camp, Procession, Ironworks, Catacombs, Bridge, Goons.

That leaves 2 kingdom piles. Lacking above we have KC, some sort of + action(except IW), and that last brilliant card that pulls the solution together.

CC, when are you posting a solution? I can't wait to see what you've come up with

Why would you put a Looter in? That would just add another 10 cards you need to worry about gaining; without any real benefit to the Kingdom. Though I do see how gaining then trashing a Cultist with Watchtower could help.

The looter is for the +buy from ruined market, and with 10 hagglers it isn't hard to empty that pile. In his 5 turn solution he buys 8 ruined markets.

What are you looking at? His turn 5 solution was pre-Dark Ages. I don't see any Ruined Markets in his get lots of points by turn 4 solution either.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Destierro

• Bishop
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:14 am »

What are you looking at? His turn 5 solution was pre-Dark Ages. I don't see any Ruined Markets in his get lots of points by turn 4 solution either.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3740.msg85631#msg85631

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:23 pm »

Black Market (Has Young Witch in it, also has a looter)
Isn't it so you can decide which cards to have in your Black Market Pile? I guess Cultist might play a role, but i'm not sure whether he needs Young Witch, if not to gain the Bane Pile and score for that.
I guess it's something like an even more optimized version of his last Quiz, so yeah, Haggler, Goons, Cultist it is, i think. Other than that, i'm clueless.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »
+3

Hmm, we could have a game of "guess the kingdom"

Probably something like this:

Scout
Sea Hag
Explorer
Mine
Saboteur
Moat
Secret Chamber
Oasis
Ambassador
Transmute

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 05:47:28 pm »

Scout
Sea Hag
Explorer
Mine
Saboteur
Moat
Secret Chamber
Oasis
Ambassador
Transmute

Where's Pirate Ship, Thief, and Adventurer??  Surely they are more important than Oasis, Mine, or Moat.
A man on a mission.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 06:40:32 pm »
+1

Scout
Sea Hag
Explorer
Mine
Saboteur
Moat
Secret Chamber
Oasis
Ambassador
Transmute

Where's Pirate Ship, Thief, and Adventurer??  Surely they are more important than Oasis, Mine, or Moat.

Good call. Though I'd replace Adventurer with Sir Michael.

Actually, now that I think about it, I should have just gone with:

Fairgrounds
Feodum
Duke
Vineyard
Silk Road
Sir Michael
Sea Hag
Saboteur
Pirate Ship
Thief

New challenge: empty the supply with ^^that Kingdom. Take as many turns as you like! ;D

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 07:56:35 pm »
+2

I don't think you can even get a province by turn 4 in those kingdoms...

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02:19 pm »

Some things that could help would be using saboteur to trash a feodum giving the last few silvers and using a sea hag to give the last curse but you can't even do both of those at once because there's no villages...

EDIT: With GendoIkari's kingdom.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 08:07:34 pm »

Necropolis would work, but that's still not enough to empty the supply.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 08:48:00 pm »

Some things that could help would be using saboteur to trash a feodum giving the last few silvers and using a sea hag to give the last curse but you can't even do both of those at once because there's no villages...

EDIT: With GendoIkari's kingdom.

But it's a solitaire game... Both of those cards will no no effect whatsoever when you play them.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2127
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 09:51:09 pm »

Scout
Sea Hag
Explorer
Mine
Saboteur
Moat
Secret Chamber
Oasis
Ambassador
Transmute

Good call. Though I'd replace Adventurer with Sir Michael.

Actually, now that I think about it, I should have just gone with:

Fairgrounds
Feodum
Duke
Vineyard
Silk Road
Sir Michael
Sea Hag
Saboteur
Pirate Ship
Thief

New challenge: empty the supply with ^^that Kingdom. Take as many turns as you like! ;D

You can't just have Sir Michael. Band of Misfits would be better suited to that kingdom.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 09:53:37 pm »
+1

But band of misfits is likely to be part of the actual solution.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:29 am »

You can't just have Sir Michael. Band of Misfits would be better suited to that kingdom.

I have no idea what I was thinking.

Ok then.... Black Market instead.

The Black Market deck is empty (perfectly legal!)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2127
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 09:46:28 am »
+2

I have no idea what I was thinking.

Ok then.... Black Market instead.

The Black Market deck is empty (perfectly legal!)

You could put Sir Michael in there.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 07:59:52 pm »

The number of upvotes for the first post is now twice the number of CC's total posts.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 08:19:08 pm »

For the "slowest Kingdom" I would include Gardens, Bank (because its 7 and it won't help more than Gold) and KC.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 09:10:56 pm »

For the "slowest Kingdom" I would include Gardens, Bank (because its 7 and it won't help more than Gold) and KC.

I can't imagine why I didn't include Gardens. My original idea was to ensure that nothing I put was something that would actually be in CC's kingdom, which would rule out KC. (I wouldn't bet on KC being in there, but it's certainly possible).

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1184
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 10:12:17 pm »

Gardens is possibly there as well though; you've got to get your 900 points somehow!
I admit this is a bit unlikely.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:55 pm »

Will we be enlightened how this works soon?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »
+1

Axxle, no deleting posts!

... Oh, wait...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

I realized he had already posted here a second time and had trouble salvaging the joke.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:03 pm »

I realized he had already posted here a second time and had trouble salvaging the joke.

I never actually saw the post - but it was updated with the 'new' tag, and had you as the latest author, so I had to figure out why Watno was the most recent post when I clicked. ;D
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 07:20:07 am »
+4

How much did the joke cost when he Salvaged it?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.